Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The GOP base goes bonkers, while the Democrats decide to go towards the center after 8 years of Trump. the result is the greatest landslide since Reagan '84.

2028 Presidential Election

genusmap.php

Governor John Bel Edwards (D-LA)/Governor Richard Cordray (D-OH) 58% Popular Vote ~ 514 Electoral Votes

Senator Roy Moore (R-AL)/Breitbart News Executive Stephen Bannon (R-NY) 28% Popular Vote ~ 24 Electoral Votes

Austin Petersen (L-MO)/Rand Paul (L-KY) 10.5% Popular Vote ~ 0 Electoral Votes

All Others 3.5% ~ 0 Electoral Votes

The GOP base goes bonkers, while the Democrats decide to go towards the center after 8 years of Trump. the result is the greatest landslide since Reagan '84.

2028 Presidential Election

genusmap.php

Governor John Bel Edwards (D-LA)/Governor Richard Cordray (D-OH) 58% Popular Vote ~ 514 Electoral Votes

Senator Roy Moore (R-AL)/Breitbart News Executive Stephen Bannon (R-NY) 28% Popular Vote ~ 24 Electoral Votes

Austin Petersen (L-MO)/Rand Paul (L-KY) 10.5% Popular Vote ~ 0 Electoral Votes

All Others 3.5% ~ 0 Electoral Votes

And the county map (using Atlas colors)

Ivt1pMe.jpg

I don't think Kasich wins that many counties while losing statewide by nearly 40%. everything except for San Francisco should be dark blue.
Consider just how few republicans are voting in the big cities of N CA to begin with I mean it's a competative Primary but only 170 k people turned out to vote everyone just assumes trump will win the primary by the end of the day after he blew out South Carolina canceled out Kasich's narrow win in New Hampshire also there's no real United anti trump movment there's a left and right leaning republicans and a lot of voters going to the polls for local races but skipping the presidential level vote or filling in as uncommitted. It's half way between Dems 1980 and Republicans 1992.

Could I request someone do a county map of what a Doug Jones victory would look like in the Alabama senate election? Can be against Moore or Strange.

Just a test of a website I've been playing around with to hopefully make wiki quality election maps. The colors and stuff are basically a throwback to an old "Ross Perot in '92" TL idea so it's supposed to be 2012 and orange is Republican, aqua blue is Democrat, purple is Patriot & green is Progressive. Random but yeah. My apologies if the map is big or anything, as I said this is a test.

h7W8EaO.png

Just a test of a website I've been playing around with to hopefully make wiki quality election maps. The colors and stuff are basically a throwback to an old "Ross Perot in '92" TL idea so it's supposed to be 2012 and orange is Republican, aqua blue is Democrat, purple is Patriot & green is Progressive. Random but yeah. My apologies if the map is big or anything, as I said this is a test.

h7W8EaO.png
What site is it?

h7W8EaO.png

I want this site

I made a county map of the 1972 Presidential Election in Drew's Fear, Loathing and Gumbo on the Campaign Trail '72

If you haven't read it, long story short, Louisiana's Governor at the time, John J. McKeithen runs and wins the Democratic Nomination for that election. This leads to George McGovern and George Wallace each making a third part run. The race, which at the start has Nixon with a commanding lead, gets closer and closer until Election Day, in which there's an electoral tie-ish. And things just go great after that.

Without further addo, here's the map

xwPDHk0.png

Since Drew didn't provide the vote percentages, or hints of how close was the election in the respective states, for most states (the exceptions being, I recall, AL, CA, IA, WA and MA), I had to design from scratch most of the results in the states. Here's the formula I used.

-This was mostly based on the results of the 1960, 1968 and 1976 elections. '60 and '68 because those were the other 2 elections Nixon was a candidate in. '76 because the election was fairly similar to this one: Southern Democrat vs Moderate Incumbent Republican.
-If a party carried a county in those 3 elections, it was carried by said party in this election, with a few exceptions.
-I gave McKeithen all the counties McGovern carried in OTLs '72
-I kind of "mirrored" 1960 Mississippi for Alabama: The third party carrying most of the counties, the democrat a few, and Nixon barely any one.
-If there was an obvious trend of a county going more Dem or Rep in those 3 base elections, it was carried by the party being favored by that trend.
-I also mixed in some of OTL results of other elections in some states: For example I gave Nixon the counties Bill Clinton didn't win at least once in '92 or '96, plus two other counties to make it look nicer. The results Massachusetts were copied from the 2010 Special Election in said state.
-And last, I gave a boost to the Democrat ticket in Indiana due Senator Birch Bayh being the VP candidate for that election

PS: Mapping the city-counties of Virginia and the border counties of Kentucky and Indiana was an absolute nightmare.

Could I request someone do a county map of what a Doug Jones victory would look like in the Alabama senate election? Can be against Moore or Strange.
Maybe it could happen if it turns out Moore keeps abducted Children in his basement to harvest their livers but beyond that it's ASB

I made a county map of the 1972 Presidential Election in Drew's Fear, Loathing and Gumbo on the Campaign Trail '72

If you haven't read it, long story short, Louisiana's Governor at the time, John J. McKeithen runs and wins the Democratic Nomination for that election. This leads to George McGovern and George Wallace each making a third part run. The race, which at the start has Nixon with a commanding lead, gets closer and closer until Election Day, in which there's an electoral tie-ish. And things just go great after that.

Without further addo, here's the map

xwPDHk0.png

Since Drew didn't provide the vote percentages, or hints of how close was the election in the respective states, for most states (the exceptions being, I recall, AL, CA, IA, WA and MA), I had to design from scratch most of the results in the states. Here's the formula I used.

-This was mostly based on the results of the 1960, 1968 and 1976 elections. '60 and '68 because those were the other 2 elections Nixon was a candidate in. '76 because the election was fairly similar to this one: Southern Democrat vs Moderate Incumbent Republican.
-If a party carried a county in those 3 elections, it was carried by said party in this election, with a few exceptions.
-I gave McKeithen all the counties McGovern carried in OTLs '72
-I kind of "mirrored" 1960 Mississippi for Alabama: The third party carrying most of the counties, the democrat a few, and Nixon barely any one.
-If there was an obvious trend of a county going more Dem or Rep in those 3 base elections, it was carried by the party being favored by that trend.
-I also mixed in some of OTL results of other elections in some states: For example I gave Nixon the counties Bill Clinton didn't win at least once in '92 or '96, plus two other counties to make it look nicer. The results Massachusetts were copied from the 2010 Special Election in said state.
-And last, I gave a boost to the Democrat ticket in Indiana due Senator Birch Bayh being the VP candidate for that election

PS: Mapping the city-counties of Virginia and the border counties of Kentucky and Indiana was an absolute nightmare.

I think this probably underestimates Wallace slightly. even with a Southerner heading the D ticket, I think Wallace would win more counties in the other Deep South states.

I think this probably underestimates Wallace slightly. even with a Southerner heading the D ticket, I think Wallace would win more counties in the other Deep South states.
It is especifically said that Wallace gets votes only in three states: Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi. He wins Alabama, gets 20K votes in Georgia and 2K in Mississippi.

Status
Not open for further replies.