Albion Rising: A Henry Frederick Timeline

he restlessness you are feeling now will only get worse unless you act on it. Find what you are interested in or are good at and do it. Be it playing music, riding, fighting, drinking, do it now, get it out of your system and then be prepared to take up your duty.” His uncle said.
Is Charles telling Henry to go fuck someone?

Chapter 242: Denmark Ahoy

VVD0D95

Banned

Chapter 242: Denmark Ahoy

February, 1630

The child was born healthy and gave a large cry when he entered the world.

The Mother is also doing well.

Arthur wished to name the child Galahad; it seems he’s been reading too much Geoffrey of Monmouth. However, we were able to convince him against this and instead recommended the name George, for the Garter and for St George. It seems he was agreeable.

Yours

Henry R.

Mary chuckled to herself, it seemed entirely fitting that her nephew would try to name his son after King Arthur’s most loyal knight. George was an interesting name. There had only been one George in the Royal Family before that she knew of, and he had not met a good fate. But it seemed that her brother was convinced that this time around things would be different.

She glanced at her husband, Christian, who was making faces at their children, who giggled happily and smiled. It was odd to her that whilst she had just become a parent, her brother was already a grandfather. She supposed that was what happened when one married as young as Henry had.

She wouldn’t want that fate for her children though. No, let them grow and develop first. There would be time yet for them to marry and have romances.

“You’re brooding.” Her husband said, Mary blinked and saw that he was looking at her now.

“I am not.” Mary replied. Her Danish was still somewhat accented but far less so than it had been.

“What’s that?” Christian asked nodding to the letter.

“From Henry, Arthur and his wife have had a son.” Mary replied.

Christian smiled. “That’s wonderful news. What have they called the boy?”

“George.” Mary said. “Though apparently Arthur wanted to name the boy Galahad.”

Christian snorted. “Why?”

“I think he’s perhaps taken his liking of the King Arthur stories a bit too far. Henry had to persuade him otherwise.” Mary said smiling.

Christian laughed. “Well, that’s something.”

“Indeed.” Mary agreed. “I just…I find it startling that Henry is already a grandfather. He’s only thirty-five!” That was far too young to be a grandfather. Far too young!

“Well, he got married when he was what, sixteen, seventeen?” Christian asked.

“Around then, yes.” Mary said.

“And Arthur is what, the same age?” Christian asked.

“I believe so.” Or he was slightly older, she never could remember when Arthur had been born, she had only been a little child after all.

“Well, there you go then.” Christian said.

Mary sighed. “Still, it’s odd, isn’t it? Henry and Arthur both married so young, but you and I didn’t marry until we were older.”

Christian shrugged. “Different needs and different times.”

“Will our children need to marry quite so young?” Mary asked. She really hoped that they wouldn’t have to. Such a fate seemed cruel.

“I do not know.” Christian said. “It depends on what the King wants.”

Mary sniffed. What the King wanted seemed to be an endless supply of women and wine. Even though he had suffered a stroke a few weeks ago, the man didn’t stop. It would be impressive if it wasn’t so horrifying.

“And will he?” Mary asked.

Christian sighed. “I don’t think so. He’s too busy at the moment and the children are too young.”

Mary nodded then changed the topic. “What has been decided about Sweden?” Christian had told her all about the Swedes and their movements near the border. It seemed the King of Sweden and the Prince of Orange were doing things that were bound to cause war. Which didn’t surprise her, the Prince’s father had died some time back, and this one no doubt wanted to prove himself.

Christian sighed again, and this time his shoulders sagged. “An emissary has been sent to Stockholm to understand what is happening and why.”

“Do you think it will get very far?” Mary asked.

“I do not know. I doubt it. The Swedish King has less reason to listen to reason now than he ever did.” Christian said.

“Why?” Mary asked. As far as she knew, Sweden was still struggling under the weight of their King’s folly from a decade ago.

“The Russians are looking to strengthen their alliance, and it seems the Spanish are looking at reversing their opposition to them.” Christian said.

“But surely that won’t be enough to tip the balance toward war?” Mary asked. At least it didn’t seem so to her. Russia had its own issues and Spain was far away.

“I do not know, but the King suspects it might.” Christian said.

Mary wanted to protest, the King was too busy being a man whore to know anything, but the expression on her husband’s face suggested that doing so would not be welcomed. Instead, she asked the other question that this had raised. “Will you be sent to fight?”

“It is possible.” Her husband said. “The King is not well enough to command in person and a member of the Royal Family must be there.”

Mary nodded. She didn’t like it but she accepted it.

Christian took her hand then. “Nothing may well happen. We can’t know until we know.”

Mary nodded again but already she was feeling uneasy. Something would happen.

Arthur wished to name the child Galahad; it seems he’s been reading too much Geoffrey of Monmouth. However, we were able to convince him against this and instead recommended the name George, for the Garter and for St George. It seems he was agreeable.
And for the Princess of Wales' dad. Trust Saxonians to bring George in circulation. John may also be making a comeback, though for second-third sons etc. Given the brood Marie Elisabeth had IOTL... well.

By the way, Duke of Essex is going to be a first Royal of two generations to marry a woman younger than him.
Queen is half a year older than the King.
Duchess of York is five years older than the Duke.
Duchess of Gloucester is 3.5 years older than the Duke.
Princess of Wales is 1 year older than the Prince.

Though Essex still can end up in the pattern if he picks Marie Louise Gonzaga between two sisters:)))

VVD0D95

Banned
By the way, Duke of Essex is going to be a first Royal of two generations to marry a woman younger than him.
Queen is half a year older than the King.
Duchess of York is five years older than the Duke.
Duchess of Gloucester is 3.5 years older than the Duke.
Princess of Wales is 1 year older than the Prince.

Though Essex still can end up in the pattern if he picks Marie Louise Gonzaga between two sisters:)))
Oh this is true, the banter that will occur then :p

Deleted member 147978

Aw shucks, Galahad would've been an absolute killer name for a King of Albion but I guess future King George Stuart is tolerable enough.

VVD0D95

Banned
If he's a fan, we can see Dukedom of Monmouth being used for his second son:) A legitimate Stuart Duke of Monmouth would be fun, the OTL holder of Earldom of Monmouth is unlikely to be created this TTL...
Oh now that would be fun, especially the kid's born in Monmouth ;)
Aw shucks, Galahad would've been an absolute killer name for a King of Albion but I guess future King George Stuart is tolerable enough.
Maybe next time :)

Oh this is true, the banter that will occur then :p
The marriage of Count of Tyrol to his uncle's OTL wife Claudia de Medici is the only think that stops people from pointing fingers at Stuarts as "THE MILF-seekers of Europe". Though both Felipe and Ferdinando of Spain are also married to women older than them, so that's it.

Oh now that would be fun, especially the kid's born in Monmouth ;)
With creation of Edward Stuart Duke of Clarence, we're running out of traditional stuff, and have to invent new, and Monmouth (and other titles OTL created for Charles II bastards) are as good as any.

VVD0D95

Banned
The marriage of Count of Tyrol to his uncle's OTL wife Claudia de Medici is the only think that stops people from pointing fingers at Stuarts as "THE MILF-seekers of Europe". Though both Felipe and Ferdinando of Spain are also married to women older than them, so that's it.
Lol indeed.
With creation of Edward Stuart Duke of Clarence, we're running out of traditional stuff, and have to invent new, and Monmouth (and other titles OTL created for Charles II bastards) are as good as any.
Definitely :)