AHFA 2020 World Cup

Unfortunately, I can't (yet) create such beautiful logos etc. for my bid. However, my bid - a joint bid of the former German nations - is one of peace, unity and detente and a sign of sports (especially football) standing above ideological conflicts. The nations' shared history is that they were part of an Imperial Germany (i.e. Kaiserreich) which became more and more authoritarian and expansionist and, at some point in the late 1940s, collapsed due to a coalition of enemies supporting Germany's internal dissidents. North Germany is syndicalist just like England and the US is, while the eastern states (Prussia, Saxony, Silesia, Sudetenland, to an extent also Austria and South Germany) are supported by and allied to a conservative democratic, republican (i.e. not monarchist) Russia.
The Rhineland on the other hand was carved out as a buffer state, it is a military-less republic with German, French and Esperanto (there you have at least a partly Esperanto nation involved, @Baconheimer ) as official languages.

So are you hosting? Or are you just asking for a logo for the German bid?

I could do a wikipedia article for this. (If I commit to spending time on it.) Except for the flags. Coding that in using html could be a nightmare.

That'd be more manageable. What I'd do is just copy the OTL article for 2018, edit it, then save the wikicode in a .txt file.

I think the easiest way to edit it is to use a screenshot of the article and then use a photo editor like paint or photoshop, but that might detract from the quality. Frankly though, I'm as unwilling as you are to do the whole thing through wikicode.

I think the easiest way to edit it is to use a screenshot of the article and then use a photo editor like paint or photoshop, but that might detract from the quality. Frankly though, I'm as unwilling as you are to do the whole thing through wikicode.
At that point you might as well do a regular graphic poster style, perhaps as svg.

What kind of graphics were you thinking of?

If I have time, and once I know who's hosting (and thus, what the logo for the world cup will be and what theme/style to go for based on the country's history, culture, and symbols), I'd be happy to pitch in. Some ideas I had for graphics were:
  • A tournament bracket chart, but as an at least somewhat nice graphic (as high quality as I can make it)
  • A TV title card for the coverage of the world cup
  • A graphic showing the participants, time, and date of a match (I would make one for every game. Once I make a template it's pretty easy. Actually, this is the only one that I have a rough example of already. The logo on them is just a placeholder. It's from the Turkestan-Iran hosting bid post. Any feedback on how to make it less bad would be appreciated.

Yes, that is exactly what I was thinking of. A bracket showing all the teams and flags would be great.

So I got done with some wikicoding for a 40 team World Cup. If we have a full team list ordered by continent then I'll expand it if I find time for it. I've attached the wikicode.

Attachments

• AHFA 2020.txt
    74.6 KB · Views: 213
Unless I am mistaken, we currently have 39 teams and need one more. At this time, only players that have no team or only a single team may submit another.

voting on the host will start tonight in roughly 1 hour 45 minutes.

Good Friday had me quite busy, but I managed to do this. Could expand as changes happen.

Screen Shot 2020-04-10 at 6.28.57 PM.png