Okay, so your goal here is to wank the Russian colonies in North America, both in size and Culturally/Linguistically Russian population as much as possible, ideally creating a situation sort of like Latin America in the modern world, only in North America instead of South America. And Russian-speaking instead of Spanish-speaking.

I also encourage you to delay Western European discovery of the New World and screw Western European colonization of North America as much as possible.

Also, have fun!

psst.. mexico and central America area all north America .. and if you want some fun. in reality the north American plate includes up to the cherskey range in Siberia down through Kamchatka.

but to note. increase Russian influence.
1. increase the navy
2. make wines in California
3. Russia was so vast at the time that this doesn't help. people going to these places were seldom doing it of free will. hmm.. big choice, im Russian, I speak Russian , I can live in Moscow or be sent to not just Siberia .. but hell .. Alaska.. or some of other crap place like just north of fort ross. there wasn't really any incentive.

so that leads to 4.

4. holy crap.. gold. and the tsar likes gold.. just saying

so holy shit they find gold in Alaska ( or some grey border lands that just happen to get occupied by people :)
holy crap again in California ..

5. to rain on the gold parade. Russian influence was best in Alaska.. miniscule the further south they went. the Russian empire was just so damn big.. and called Russia .. that you could be deported inside of your own country and not leave your own country

so Russian interests are not in favor of this effort. they have their own issues, most of which are Poland, finland, ottomans .. not some far off places that make Siberia sound like downriver in vladimr