Your challenge is to have the pre-Indo-European peoples of "Old Europe" do significantly better than they did IOTL.
I assume you mean pre Indo-European languages, right? AFAIK we only know of two groups that survived long enough to be recorded, those being the Basque and the Etruscan families. Some people suspect that Minoan was ore Indo European but it's not decoded and might never be. We know both those languages were pretty widely spoken so if one of them created a powerful state that wasn't conquered, they'd obviously last longer. Maybe to the present. I think that the most recent changes that could really make a difference but that aren't pure guesswork are for there to be no Roman empire so that independent Basque and Etruscan states might last longer as smaller regional powers. But if you want to really change things, you've got to create a prehistoric POD, probably with a lot of guesswork.

Last edited:
I assume you mean pre Indo-European languages, right? AFAIK we only know of two groups that survived long enough to be recorded, those being the Basque and the Etruscan families. Some people suspect that Minoan was ore Indo European but it's not decoded and might never be. We know both those languages were pretty widely spoken so if one of them created a powerful state that wasn't conquered, they'd obviously last longer. Maybe to the present. I think that the most recent changes that could really make a difference but that aren't pure guesswork are for there to be no Roman empire so that independent Basque and Etruscan states might last longer as smaller regional powers. But if you want to really change things, you've got to create a prehistoric POD, probably with a lot of guesswork.

Is there any way to wank up the Pelasgian languages so that when proto-Greek settlers arrive they assimilate into them instead of the other way around?