AHC: United States of Australia

Do I have to say anything else?
Would New Zealand be considered a Southern Canada?
Erm, is this a double-blind from a timeline where Australia isn't united? Australia is a union of states; it's just called a Commonwealth for arbitrary reasons.

Though it would be more accurate to say that Canada is considered a northern New Zealand.

Erm, is this a double-blind from a timeline where Australia isn't united? Australia is a union of states; it's just called a Commonwealth for arbitrary reasons.
I'll be more precise.
The USAmerica fought a War of Independence against the English.
The challenge is having Australia doing the same (And winning.).

Perhaps if a lot of the other surrounding British territories and colonies also all wanted independence from the British as well and then sought to join a unified Australian/New Zealander polity, such as Papua New Guinea, New Caledonia, and the Solomon Islands. It would be pretty unwieldy and power and influence would remain further on the continent. There would probably need to be some momentous, tide-changing events that would cause all these territories to band together and form a full "Australian" identity despite their cultural differences, like a foreign invasion.

I mean Australia isn’t really viable on its own on the same scale as America- even though it’s never been invaded it’s been fighting Britain and then America’s wars for them for pretty much its entire otl history because they’re so dependent on the power that controls the seas. A USAustralia would have to be strong enough to eject the rival navies from the entire South Pacific and eastern Indian Ocean.