I thought it was great but then I'm British and we think (correctly) that the greatest character ever was the great hero of the Victorian age "Sir Harry Flashman VC" :biggrin:
Then save "Royal Flash.
I would have done the first Flashman novel first if it was me.
Lester as a Director should have been able to do the book properly and Frasier did the script so It should have been a better movie then it ended up

I'd try this change to Burger King's product:
Pizza Burger (ITTL, Italienorme ??)

intro-1589557441.jpg

ITTL, it would be Italian-flavored, with marinara sauce, mozzarella, pesto, mushroom, olives on top of a beef patty.
It wouldn't be shaped like a pizza though, and would be offered with fries and milkshake / soft drink.

It was only ever sold in New York, but ITTL, nationally available across the U.S. and Canada, under the Italienorme or Italiaballa Burger name ("enorme" is as close to whopper in Italian, and balla is Italian for "bale of hay, whopper" literally).

I love the movie as a monster film but it fails as a Godzilla film. I feel like at least half the criticism and hate would’ve gone away if it acted more like Godzilla. Hell, most fans would admit that the tv series was worthy of the name. If they just did that I think it would’ve done a fair bit better.
What about if it wasn't a Godzilla adaptation and its own original IP instead?

What about if it wasn't a Godzilla adaptation and its own original IP instead?
It probably wouldn’t have seen the big screen then. Godzilla is a name people know of and would go see, who would go see...whatever they’d call the 98 film instead of Godzilla. I’m a big fan of the film so I think it could keep the name, design, and story I’d they only made Zilla more of a fighter who could take hits and had an atomic breath. As I said the show version got a good response because it felt more like a Godzilla.

With regards to the 1998 Godzilla movie, I like it as a monster film, but it fails as a Godzilla movie--for instance, Godzilla running from the Apache helicopters and troops in Humvees?!? If this were the Japanese version, that version would have burst out laughing and then destroyed them with his atomic breath. He needed to be more like Godzilla, like using his fire breath, etc.; that would have worked, IMO...

There's a reason why Toho rebooted the Japanese Godzilla series after the 1998 movie came out...

Here's a link to a 1994 version of Godzilla--the script's Godzilla is closer to the Japanese version, and I really wish this one had been filmed: http://www.scifiscripts.com/scripts/GODZILLA.TXT

This is why I liked the 2014 version--that was closer to what Godzilla looked like than the 1998 version...

Last edited:
With regards to the 1998 Godzilla movie, I like it as a monster film, but it fails as a Godzilla movie--for instance, Godzilla running from the Apache helicopters and troops in Humvees?!? If this were the Japanese version, that version would have burst out laughing and then destroyed them with his atomic breath. He needed to be more like Godzilla, like using his fire breath, etc.; that would have worked, IMO...

There's a reason why Toho rebooted the Japanese Godzilla series after the 1998 movie came out...

Here's a link to a 1994 version of Godzilla--the script's Godzilla is closer to the Japanese version, and I really wish this one had been filmed: http://www.scifiscripts.com/scripts/GODZILLA.TXT

This is why I liked the 2014 version--that was closer to what Godzilla looked like than the 1998 version...
Personally I never cared for the 94 film idea or it’s design. So long as they had Godzilla actually act like a Godzilla the film wouldn’t have been so hated by the fans.

intro-1589557441.jpg

ITTL, it would be Italian-flavored, with marinara sauce, mozzarella, pesto, mushroom, olives on top of a beef patty.
It wouldn't be shaped like a pizza though, and would be offered with fries and milkshake / soft drink.

It was only ever sold in New York, but ITTL, nationally available across the U.S. and Canada, under the Italienorme or Italiaballa Burger name ("enorme" is as close to whopper in Italian, and balla is Italian for "bale of hay, whopper" literally).
I don't know what's wrong with people... I'd eat the hell outta that! :p

I think it's kinda strange that seemingly no one had mentioned Zathura: A Space Adventure here.

It was set in the same universe as Jumanji, although you cannot really say it's a sequel as it used different board game with a whole different characters.

Movie-wise, people don't see anything particularly bad about it. But it was released a week before Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, something many people think its a huge mistake. Perhaps if they're willing to wait a bit more until the Harry Potter hype has dissipate a bit, let say, a month or two, it could be much more succesfull, who knows?

intro-1589557441.jpg

It this actually looks good! Why was this just a New York thing?

Also reminds me of their sliders from a few years ago. Those were great!

cardcarrier

Banned
how to save street fighter 1994

good lord I don't know where to begin, Van Dam's cocaine problems at that time where incredibly excessive, and far too much of the film budget went to hire him

Steven De Souza is a good director he made 48 hours/die hard/commando etc; I don't know how he bombed that movie so bad

TBH its probably better to wait 25 years until is more of a nostaligia thing like Sonic/New Mortal combat turned out to be; if street fighter ever had lore to make it into a movie I had no idea what that was when I was 11; and De Souza certainly made up the weirdest shit ever

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
That's what happens when those in charge decide to 'politicize' a film or franchise. Folk like to be entertained, not indoctrinated when watching a film at the cinema.

As the saying goes . . . "GET WOKE . . . GO BROKE!!!!"
As the saying also goes CURRENT POLITICS GOES IN CHAT

how to save street fighter 1994

good lord I don't know where to begin, Van Dam's cocaine problems at that time where incredibly excessive, and far too much of the film budget went to hire him

Steven De Souza is a good director he made 48 hours/die hard/commando etc; I don't know how he bombed that movie so bad

TBH its probably better to wait 25 years until is more of a nostaligia thing like Sonic/New Mortal combat turned out to be; if street fighter ever had lore to make it into a movie I had no idea what that was when I was 11; and De Souza certainly made up the weirdest shit ever
Read here why the movie was a mess. in few words...Van Damme issues and Capcom over meddling https://www.polygon.com/features/2014/3/10/5451014/street-fighter-the-movie-what-went-wrong https://www.polygon.com/2021/3/1/22296705/street-fighter-the-movie-the-game-an-oral-history

cardcarrier

Banned
Maybe casting Val Kilmer as Guile could have solved some of it; he would probably have cost less; or capcom should have upped the budget to cover for more special effects and talented actors and uh... not developed a cocaine fueled insano script

Maybe casting Val Kilmer as Guile could have solved some of it; he would probably have cost less; or capcom should have upped the budget to cover for more special effects and talented actors and uh... not developed a cocaine fueled insano script
That is a start, another would be to Capcom to have more faith on De Souza.

As the saying also goes CURRENT POLITICS GOES IN CHAT
Are you commenting on a remark from march? This wasn't even part of the current discussion.

Mind you, I agree with the sentiment, since the current discussion is far better without any political stuff. I am just amazed that you react on a comment from march.

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
Are you commenting on a remark from march? This wasn't even part of the current discussion.

Mind you, I agree with the sentiment, since the current discussion is far better without any political stuff. I am just amazed that you react on a comment from march.
Actually I didn't notice the date when responding to the report.

Meteor (1978)

Starring Sean Connery, Natalie Wood, Karl Malden, Brian Keith, Martin Landau.

Get the studio to spend some extra $$$ and use ILM's Motion Control and get a better script . . . . 'hey presto'!

Not only would you have a decent disaster flick that would make money, but it wouldn't kill off AI Pictures.
Yeah.. The opening is cool.. The rest devolves into drivel and reused disaster footage. For the time.. Great idea..... Just it was so slow.. Even the dinosaurs were like.. Come the heck on already.

That's what happens when those in charge decide to 'politicize' a film or franchise. Folk like to be entertained, not indoctrinated when watching a film at the cinema.

As the saying goes . . . "GET WOKE . . . GO BROKE!!!!"
Not sure what the last part means in any reality.. Star wars has always had a political overtone, look no further then Reagan.. Or the prequels.. The sequels didn't really have a political bias in reality.. What Trump is palpitine?

Oo they had a black man and an Asian.. That's woke?

Eh.. Your dragging tok much reality into star wars.. Which Btw.. Has the force.. Light sabers and the ability to travel S fSt or slow as it wants at light speed and still get between star systems without a potty break.