AHC: Romani polity

Your challenge is to have a Romani polity exist somewhere for some period of time. It doesn't have to be particularly large, successful or long-lasting, it just has to spend some time in existence.

Eparkhos

Banned
Your challenge is to have a Romani polity exist somewhere for some period of time. It doesn't have to be particularly large, successful or long-lasting, it just has to spend some time in existence.

Instead of outright conquering Crete in 1669, the Ottomans establish a Romani (at the time about ~65% of the pop.) puppet state to soak up the Venetian counterattack. They hold on until the collapse of Ottoman power in the 1870s, at which point they either break away or are absorbed by the Greeks.

Anawrahta

Banned
Instead of outright conquering Crete in 1669, the Ottomans establish a Romani (at the time about ~65% of the pop.) puppet state to soak up the Venetian counterattack. They hold on until the collapse of Ottoman power in the 1870s, at which point they either break away or are absorbed by the Greeks.
I didn't know Crete was majority Romani? Did this have naything to do with the fief acinagorum? Could you specify your source? Sound interesting.

Eparkhos

Banned
I didn't know Crete was majority Romani? Did this have naything to do with the fief acinagorum? Could you specify your source? Sound interesting.

I don't know about fiefs, but Cree was majority Romani from the 1290s to the Ottoman takeover.
Source: Wikipedia
Yes, I know it's sort of an unreliable source, but a 2015 study showed that Wikipedia was as accurate as Encyclopedia Britannica

Balkan area maybe, before ore during Ottoman rule ? Could they establish a polity separate from South Slavs and Albanians ? Otherwise other parts of Eastern Europe or maybe even Andalusia in Spain ?

Yes, I know it's sort of an unreliable source, but a 2015 study showed that Wikipedia was as accurate as Encyclopedia Britannica

Wikipedia's own article titled "Romani people in Greece" claims that the Romani history in Greece dates back to the 15th century. In the article "Romani people" it claims that the friar Symon Semeonis encountered a group of migrants outside of Heraklion but doesn't suggest a definite population number. Either way the in this case it's not reliable.