AH Challenge: Roman Empire, British Empire, and the USA exist at the same time

Give me scenarios in which the Roman Empire survives and lives up til present day (or if you think it wouldn’t survive until that point, the 20th century) Rome is without Britain and things go differently, obviously; but still things end up the same as it did in OTL.

Events I would like to see end up happening
-Britain and Rome end up in a colonial race, Britain ends up colonizes the Americas and America wins its independence with the help of Rome.

- US and Rome go to war with each other over Rome’s territories and the US wins.

How would events leading up to these scenarios occur.

have the byzantines survive and go colonizing the indian ocean and even reach the pacific competing with other powers that does count right?

>Recognisable surviving Roman Empire
>Recognisable British Empire
>Recognisable USA

Incompatible, I'm afraid.

If you are happy with a "restored" "Roman" Empire, then that will work.

Last edited:
again i think if we include the byzantines as the roman empire its possible with a pod in the 11th or as late as the 13th century have the roman empire survive and expand like the ottomans taking the middle east going to the indian ocean and competing with trade , that assures england and rome , the usa could still appear or a nation similar to the usa in america and expand like the otl

An Italy that sits out WW2, and expands its colonial holdings/conquers territory in the Balkans while the other major powers duke it out, could potentially become fairly sizable (if a bit of a paper tiger) and brand themselves a Reborn Roman Empire. You then have a superpower United States, a great power British Empire (who should come out of *WW2 considerably stronger for no North African front), and a major-to-great power Roman Empire. There's also a decent chance that Germany, without distractions from bailing out Italian misadventures, can inflict even more damage on the Soviet Union and leave them a great power rather than a superpower, and so the Rome/Britain/USA could be perceived as the three dominant powers.

Cryostorm

Monthly Donor
Oh, this is easy. Have the Greeks name themselves the Roman Empire after they kick out the Ottomans like some wanted to.

again i think if we include the byzantines as the roman empire its possible with a pod in the 11th or as late as the 13th century have the roman empire survive and expand like the ottomans taking the middle east going to the indian ocean and competing with trade , that assures england and rome , the usa could still appear or a nation similar to the usa in america and expand like the otl

How about the Eastern and Western Roman Empire reuntie? I would also like to know if it would be possible for Carthage to survive too?

How about the Eastern and Western Roman Empire reuntie? I would also like to know if it would be possible for Carthage to survive too?
.....They were already united the east and west schism were administrative divisions of the roman empire and after the fall of the west,theodoric send the western imperial regalia to the east at that point they were reunited and the roman empire was one, if you consider east and west different empires,after that Justinian reconquered italy,north africa and iberia and the empire held them till the seventh century

Last edited:
Have Mussolini be stronger and jump the gun, and declare himself the "Roman Empire" once he annexes the Balkans and Greece (maybe parts of South France).

USA, Britain, and a "Roman Empire", all at once.