A Queen Twice Over: Mary Tudor the Elder Marries Francis I of France

Cast, Queen of Lillies, 2015 (I)
As promised, here is my cast list for a period drama about Marie's life as this week's update. I imagine this being aired in 2015, to mark the 500th anniversary of Marie's marriage to Francis, and it's title comes from both the fleur-de-lys and the fact that lillies are often linked to Marie's namesake, the Virgin Mary. (NB: I have only cast the children with the first person who plays them - I'm sure their actors/actresses change as they grow up! I have also left out anyone who hasn't been introduced yet.)

Marie, Queen of France - Sophie Skelton

Queen Marie.jpg

Francis I of France - Tyler Hoechlin

Francis I Final.jpg

Marguerite, Holy Roman Empress - Michelle Dockery

Marguerite de Alencon.jpg

Louise of Savoy - Ruth Gemell

Louise of Savoy.jpg

Renee, Duchess of Brittany - Alexa Gerasmovich

Renee of Brittany.jpg

Mademoiselle Margot - Natasha Raphael

Margot.jpg

Dauphin Francois - Ryan Turner

Dauphin Francois.jpg

Henri of Orleans - Kyle Breitkopf

henri-duke-of-orleans-jpg.677522

Francoise de Foix - Lily James

Francoise De Foix.jpg

Kate Parr - Hannah Saxby

Kate Parr.jpg

Attachments

• Henri, Duke of Orleans.jpg
    Henri, Duke of Orleans.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 2,166
Cast, Queen of Lillies, 2015 (II)
Fran de St Pol - Richard Coyle

St Pol.jpg

Anne, Countess de St Pol - Natalie Dormer

Anne Boleyn.jpg

Henry VIII - Sam Heughan

Henry VIII.jpg

Katherine of Aragon - Tilda Swinton

Katherine of Aragon.jpg

Princess Mary/Nora Boleyn - Florence Hunt

Princess Mary and Nora Boleyn.jpg

Meg Douglas - Brooklyn Proulx

Margaret Douglas.jpg

Mary Talbot - Claudia Jessie

Mary Talbot.jpg

Lady Elizabeth - Blaithnaid Mckeown

Young Margot.jpg

Diane de Poitiers - Holland Roden

Diane.jpg

Charles V - Sebastian Arnesto

Charles V.jpg

i didnt know françois was a redhead. i thought only henri was
Francois and Henri and their youngest sister are all redheads. Their other siblings - Margot, Louise, Jean, Charles and baby Marie when she was alive - are all Valois in colouring. :)
Ooh Sam Heughan😳... I like all the other casts too, especially those of Marie and Francis!
Well if Sam and Sophie can be father and daughter in Outlander, they can play siblings, surely? And I actually picked a redhead for Katherine of Aragon!

I generally love the casting you have going! Like damn they’re just so perfect! I can really put some faces to the names now.

Although two things: 1) who is Louise of Savoy? I’ve forgotten. And 2) Tilda Swinton doesn’t seem like a good casting for Katherine of Aragon. She’s a great actress but she just doesn’t do it for me.

Although two things: 1) who is Louise of Savoy? I’ve forgotten. And 2) Tilda Swinton doesn’t seem like a good casting for Katherine of Aragon. She’s a great actress but she just doesn’t do it for me.
Louise of savoy is Francis i’s mother. Dowager countess of Angoulême and duchess of a number of territories granted to her by her son. She’d be 50 years old in 1526. And honestly, I agree with you on Tilda Swinton. Katherine was a beautiful woman in her youth but she was also short and plump by the mid 1510s…so the tall and slender swinton does seem miscast.

Louise of savoy is Francis i’s mother. Dowager countess of Angoulême and duchess of a number of territories granted to her by her son. She’d be 50 years old in 1526. And honestly, I agree with you on Tilda Swinton. Katherine was a beautiful woman in her youth but she was also short and plump by the mid 1510s…so the tall and slender swinton does seem miscast.
Ah gotcha!

Yeah I was trying not to be too rude but that’s it. Tilda doesn’t fit the description of a younger and pretty Katherine nor her older and plumper self as you said.

Tilda Swinton doesn’t seem like a good casting for Katherine of Aragon. She’s a great actress but she just doesn’t do it for me.

And honestly, I agree with you on Tilda Swinton. Katherine was a beautiful woman in her youth but she was also short and plump by the mid 1510s…so the tall and slender swinton does seem miscast.
I can see what you're both saying, and I nearly went for Maria Doyle Kennedy, but then I saw that photo of Tilda. The determination in her face - and her red hair!- swung it for me instantly.

I can see what you're both saying, and I nearly went for Maria Doyle Kennedy, but then I saw that photo of Tilda. The determination in her face - and her red hair!- swung it for me instantly.
At the very least, this TV show hasn't made Katherine a stereotypical olive-skinned, dark-haired Spaniard like a lot of them seem to do... :p