A New Beginning - Our 1992 Russian Federation

Top 10 largest companies in the world (2007)
In the dynamic global economic landscape of 2007, the list of the 10 largest companies in the world represented a diverse array of industries and sectors, each wielding significant influence and power on the global stage. These corporations were not only economic behemoths but also drivers of innovation, progress, and change, shaping the way people lived, worked, and interacted with the world around them.
  1. Exxon Mobil: As the world's largest publicly traded oil and gas company, Exxon Mobil stood at the forefront of the energy industry, with operations spanning exploration, production, refining, and distribution. With a rich history and a global footprint, Exxon Mobil played a critical role in meeting the world's growing energy needs while navigating complex geopolitical dynamics and environmental challenges.
  2. Gazprom: Russia's state-owned energy giant, Gazprom, commanded unparalleled influence in the global natural gas market, supplying vast quantities of gas to Europe, Asia, and beyond. With control over extensive reserves and a vast network of pipelines, Gazprom not only shaped energy security but also wielded considerable geopolitical clout, often becoming embroiled in diplomatic negotiations and disputes.
  3. General Electric (GE): General Electric, a diversified conglomerate with interests spanning aviation, healthcare, renewable energy, and more, was synonymous with innovation and technological prowess. With a legacy of groundbreaking inventions and a commitment to driving progress, GE played a pivotal role in shaping industries and transforming economies around the world.
  4. Microsoft: Microsoft, the world's leading software company, revolutionized the technology landscape with its ubiquitous operating systems, productivity software, and gaming platforms. From Windows and Office to Xbox and Azure, Microsoft's products and services permeated every aspect of modern life, driving productivity, connectivity, and digital transformation on a global scale.
  5. Sberbank: As Russia's largest bank, Sberbank was a cornerstone of the country's financial system, offering a comprehensive range of banking and financial services to millions of customers. With a vast network of branches and a robust digital infrastructure, Sberbank facilitated economic growth, investment, and wealth creation, playing a vital role in Russia's development.
  6. Toyota: Toyota, a global automotive powerhouse, was renowned for its commitment to quality, reliability, and innovation. With a diverse lineup of vehicles, including fuel-efficient hybrids and rugged trucks, Toyota captured the hearts and minds of consumers worldwide, driving mobility, progress, and sustainability in the automotive industry.
  7. Royal Dutch Shell: Royal Dutch Shell, one of the world's largest oil and gas companies, operated across the entire energy value chain, from exploration and production to refining and marketing. With a focus on sustainable energy solutions and responsible business practices, Shell played a leading role in meeting the world's energy needs while minimizing environmental impact.
  8. Citigroup (Citi): Citigroup, a global financial services giant, offered a wide range of banking, investment, and insurance products to customers in every corner of the globe. With a presence in over 160 countries, Citi facilitated international trade, investment, and economic development, driving growth and prosperity on a global scale.
  9. AT&T: AT&T, one of the world's largest telecommunications companies, provided essential communication services to consumers, businesses, and governments worldwide. From wireless communication and internet services to television and entertainment, AT&T connected people and communities, enabling communication, collaboration, and innovation on a global scale.
  10. Bank of America: Bank of America, a leading financial institution, offered a comprehensive suite of banking and financial services to individuals, businesses, and institutions. With a vast network of branches and digital banking platforms, Bank of America facilitated commerce, investment, and wealth management, driving economic growth and prosperity.
In summary, the 10 largest companies in the world of 2007 represented the pinnacle of corporate power and influence, shaping industries, economies, and societies on a global scale. With their vast resources, technological expertise, and global reach, these corporations played a central role in driving innovation, progress, and prosperity in the 21st century.

Sberbank doing to well is a testment to the successful transition towards capitalism made by the Russian government.

It's interesting to imagine that communism would be even more discredited ITTL due to this. The USSR not only fell after rooting itself from within, but the capitalistic Russian Federation and the Union State have florished enormously from the carcass and conquered its place under the sun among the worldwide capitalist order.

Last edited:
Author already said the West won't sanction us for annexation.

Our situation may even become better as the US start to see us as a third wheel in the Cold War which needs to be courted.

That depends on weather we take the deal with the USA, or not and we still don't know the contents of said deal.

It could be that USA will just close its eye for some reason and believe us on our word. Or it can be that USA will seek concrete moves from us to prove that we will hold our word.

Falling in line on Iran, Venezuela, BRICS and SCO may all be a demands from the West to accept us annexing Ukraine as it's really unlikely that we will just be able to say to America that we will be neutral and then continue to back it's enemies. Also neutrality is pretty vague word that can basically be translated into we let you take Ukraine and you are free to do whatever you want. Basically being neutral in a cold war in China isn't really a clear deal as it doesn't define what that neutrality entails.

It's more likely that USA will ask for concrete geopolitical concessions.

Us being third wheel in Cold War also means that we are the player in the conflict and that we shouldn't expect any freebies.

Last edited:
That depends on weather we take the deal with the USA, or not and we still don't know contents of said deal.

It could be that USA will just close its eye for some reason and believe us on our word. Or it can be that USA will seek concrete moves from us to prove that we will hold our word.

Falling in line on Iran, Venezuela, BRICS and SCO may all be a demands from the West to accept us annexing Ukraine as it's really unlikely that we will just be able to say to America that we will be neutral and then continue to back it's enemies. Also neutrality is pretty vague word that can basically be translated into we let you take Ukraine and you are free to do whatever you want. Basically being neutral in a cold war in China isn't really a clear deal as it doesn't define what that neutrality entails.

It's more likely that USA will ask for concrete geopolitical concessions.

Us being third wheel in Cold War also means that we are the player in the conflict and that we shouldn't expect any freebies.
Falling in line in Venezuela is a very reasonable demand. If we don't want the US messing around our backyard, then we might as well don't mess around his. We only just engaged with Venezuela to spite the United States as a revenge for their tentacles around Eastern Europe, if we get such a big concession as gobbling Ukraine whole, then we need to give the US something in return.

Iran is a more complicated matter. It's our neighbour, there's no scenario where we would cease weapons sales and commercial cooperation with Tehran as our god given right, but we could do much to address Washington's and Tel Aviv's concerns in relation to our nuclear cooperation with the Iranians.

Last edited:
Question to you dear readers - do you agree for a revote on Ukraine, as I have second thoughts on it and decided to make later much more expanded options. I don't do this because I dont like option with most votes, but feel that I shouldn't locked the options. If you don't agree, then original vote remains valid.

A) Yes, agree for revote with expanded option
B) Dont agree for it.
A

Question to you dear readers - do you agree for a revote on Ukraine, as I have second thoughts on it and decided to make later much more expanded options. I don't do this because I dont like option with most votes, but feel that I shouldn't locked the options. If you don't agree, then original vote remains valid.

B) Dont agree for it.
A. All for it.

B) Dont agree for it.
A

Not only do we need expanded options, but this vote should be held after 2 or 3 updates, depending on the situation.
This way, we have more knowledge about the impact of all these crises between the Union State and the West. We also have a better understanding of the coming financial crisis and how it impacts our relations with Ukraine.
But one thing is understood: in the coming 2–3 years, we must do everything to woo Ukrainians and discredit the West. It may include increased military orders, helping them develop their own tanks, revitalising their economy in the middle of a financial crisis, general PR campaigns, or anything else that helps us during the time of the reverse euro. Even if we have some disagreements, we can bend a little bit for Ukrainians because we need to hook this big fish.

Not only do we need expanded options, but this vote should be held after 2 or 3 updates, depending on the situation.
This way, we have more knowledge about the impact of all these crises between the Union State and the West. We also have a better understanding of the coming financial crisis and how it impacts our relations with Ukraine.
But one thing is understood: in the coming 2–3 years, we must do everything to woo Ukrainians and discredit the West. It may include increased military orders, helping them develop their own tanks, revitalising their economy in the middle of a financial crisis, general PR campaigns, or anything else that helps us during the time of the reverse euro. Even if we have some disagreements, we can bend a little bit for Ukrainians because we need to hook this big fish.
Quite.

I apologize for my lack of knowledge i am not really up to date in details about relations between russia and ukraine ITL, but why is war considered necessary here? Doesnt ukraine have russian friendly government and generally more positive image about russia as whole?