A little early, then. Will she bond with Anne of Hungary and Bohemia over the coming months?
Likely, but not too much as Isabella will depart for Milan in the summer, just after her 14th birthday and Anne‘s wedding to Maximilian…
Still I think who both Isabella and Eleanor will exchange a lot of letters with Anne in the next years…

Interesting to see Isabella's reaction to the fact that she'll soon be an aunt, it seems that Maximilliano is already a bit attentive which is surely a good sign

Interesting to see Isabella's reaction to the fact that she'll soon be an aunt, it seems that Maximilliano is already a bit attentive which is surely a good sign
Yes, Massimiliano is really happy to have obtained the hand of Isabella and want demonstrate to be worth of such honour… He and Isabella have also some things in common and once they meet they will bond over similar experiences

1515 (March) - sometimes worrying is the only thing you can do
Eleanor, Queen of England was comfortably lying down upon the now usual pillows (as Henry had ordered to her ladies to prevent her from making almost any effort and always take care to give her all the comforts), trying to listen to lady Elizabeth Boleyn who was reading her a book on the legends of King Arthur, but her mind refused to collaborate, remaining fixed on the things who made her worrying: one was how she would be able to survive until the end of her pregnancy (as Henry‘s attentions were really nice but also quite suffocating and she was not sure who she would be able to endure that for another six months) and the other, bigger, was the situation about the inheritance of Spain: oh, she knew Charles well enough to know who he had never been much interested in that crowns, if not for the power and prestige who they would bring to him, but at the same time being deprived of them was an insufferable affront for him. Still both the Cortes of Aragon and Castile had named Ferdinand as heir (and Eleanor found herself wondering again what appearance and character he and Catalina had) meaning who that crowns were lost forever for Charles and the question was just how compensating him for keeping him quiet and happy (and really, she was sure who only Marie was able to keep her brother sometime in that state) and while she trusted the skill of her paternal grandfather, she had doubt who he would be able to negotiate something good enough to placate Charles’ resentment…
Still lady Elizabeth was clearly Norfolk’s daughter and the wife of Sir Thomas Boleyn (who was recognized as one of the most skilled diplomats at the service of her husband) because she had well understood who her mistress was not really listening but had still continued to read…
Being pregnant was making her crave unusual foods, and she was again feeling the desire of some apples, who were her fixation since the beginning of the year, but luckily her favorite maid of honor, young Anne Boleyn, was quick to read her expression and to present her a plate with the fruit, already ready to be eaten…
The arrival of letters from her sister Isabella and her sister-in-law Marie put an end to her reflections and snatched a laugh from her in the part in which Marie‘s letter asked how bad was her brother with her lately…

Last edited:
Ooh, I'm glad Henry is pampering Eleanor. It might be irritating for her, but it definitely could be worse. While of course, we won't know for a while, I trust this will help keep her and her baby healthy.

Ooh, I'm glad Henry is pampering Eleanor. It might be irritating for her, but it definitely could be worse. While of course, we won't know for a while, I trust this will help keep her and her baby healthy.
Do not worry, Eleanor is fully appreciating the care (at least the intentions, if not the practice). Henry is really spoiling her since she arrived in England so…

Right now Eleanor (who is around 4 months pregnant) and her baby are fine

1515 (March) - Sometimes wishes are granted
Madeleine, Queen of France was feeling definitely happy and relaxed: in the ten days since the midwife had confirmed her pregnancy her life had changed for the better as her husband was both banned from her bedroom and showering her with gifts more than ever. Sure she felt often sick, specially in the morning but she was not feeling anymore miserable and her relationship with Louis had definitely improved. She had noted, with some guilt and a lot of relief, who also Anne was much more relaxed than before, and she was sure who her elder sister had been a lot worried for her. Well, she had already written to John, telling him of her pregnancy and to feel free to invite Anne to join him in Scotland as she would be fine…
The Dowager Countess of Angouleme was clearly furious for her pregnancy and one of her ladies told her who the Countess was overheard saying who the King was good to generate only girls and other things who would put her in big danger if someone reported them to the King…

Anne, Duchess of Albany was relieved to see her sister finally at ease with her role of Queen of France and blooming as first woman of the Court. The pregnancy had really freed Madeleine from the shadows, who had taken her shortly after the wedding and had been reduced very little when the doctors had forbidden to the King to share the bed of his wife too often…
Well, hopefully Madeleine’s child would be an healthy boy cementing her sister’s place as Queen of France and freeing her once for all from excessive activity in the bedroom

I wish Merry Christmas to all you…
and as I had promised this was a short but very important chapter as Queen Madeleine’s pregnancy had a big potential in shaking things if she had an healthy boy

Glad that Madeline finally some relief from her "duties" I hope that Louise can't find a way to hurt her her child should it be a boy..
Do NOT worry for Louise, she is NOT so ambitious and in any case she would be kept far away from Madeleine’s child… Right now Louis is overjoyed and Madeleine much happy so everything is fine

1515 (March) - Reflections…
Philiberta of Savoy, Duchess of Nemours was worried for her elder half-sister, Louise, who had been hit hard by the news of Queen Madeleine’s pregnancy and was reacting badly to the possibility who the young Queen would give birth to an healthy son, who would replace Louise‘s own son, Francis, Duke of Valois and Brittany, as heir of the Crown of France. Philiberta really hoped who King Louis would be too overjoyed for the chance to a Dauphin to not care for her sister’s imprudent words or at least not act on it and forgive the bitterness of a woman who, after being early widowed, had put all her hopes in her only son and in his eventual succession to the French crown.

The 18 years old Philiberta,had married only 20 days earlier at the presence of the King and Queen of France, to the 36 years old Giuliano de’ Medici, newly invested as Duke of Nemours (title who had belonged to King Louis’ own late nephew) for sealing the alliance between France and Florence (and Rome as the current Pope, Leo X was her husband’s older brother) as Louis XII had no intention to renounce to his claims to either the Duchy Milan or the Kingdom of Naples. Her brother, Charles III, Duke of Savoy also was contracted to marry a young French lady, the still 11 years old Catherine de Laval, who was also their relative on her side of her mother, the late Charlotte of Naples, daughter of a paternal first cousin dead long before Philiberta’s own birth… Still Catherine would bring to her brother French alliance and her de-jure claims on the Kingdoms of Cyprus and Jerusalem (who her father Philip II and half-brother Philibert II had kept and her brother still used despite the fact who by right they were inherited by Charlotte at the death of Yolande Louise, the child bride of Philibert), but not her father’s French lands who would be inherited by Catherine’s younger sister, the almost ten years old Anne, who was already engaged to the heir of another French house, the ten years old François de la Trémoille. That unless the Count of Laval remarried and had a son by his new wife

Philberta was happy to depart soon from France as the journey to her new home in Florence, who her new husband ruled de-facto, would bring her also at home in Savoy for a last time and she was sure who her brother Charles was already arranging a splendid welcome for his new brother-in-law, who was not only the de facto ruler of Florence but also the brother of the Pope…

Last edited:
Happy New Year to everyone (and I promise who I will post very soon a tree of the House of Savoy, for better explaining all the kinship of which I have talked in this update…

Well hopefully philiberta is right that Louis will be too overjoyed at the possibility of a son to pay attention to louise’s imprudent words. But I guess time will tell…

Well hopefully philiberta is right that Louis will be too overjoyed at the possibility of a son to pay attention to louise’s imprudent words. But I guess time will tell…
Considering who Louise’s comment are luckily more on the kind “Louis is unable to generate an healthy son” or “God want my son to be the next King” than hoping who something bad will happen to the child or Madeleine, is likely who Louis will not act too harshly against her

I think Francis will need to make himself VERY scarce for the time being...
Francis has done NOTHING wrong. And he is the First Prince of Blood and Louis’ son-in-law other than his heir presumptive so he will remain at court, paying his respect and send Claude (who also is pregnant and would give birth in five months) forward to ask forgiveness for his mother, if it will be needed…

Ooh I hope Philiberta has a long, happy union here!
We will see, but this is NOT the only chapter of Philberta here and that is everything who I can promise