Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
And here's the map.

Bruce

TripleColdWar.png

Just a tryout, I still need to fill in large chunks of it. Any suggestions for ethic groups that i can use?
I'd like to see a larger Finno-Ugric presence in eastern Europe and a larger Siculo-Arabic presence in the central Med. Maltese language ftw!

Also, possibly some Berbers in southern Spain? And this might be a stretch, but with how far Turkic peoples have spread in Central Europe, maybe some Tungusic peoples could be in Europe as well?

Nice map idea, I always enjoy seeing names get changed or moved around because of migrations and can't wait to see what you do with it.

There are a million billion things on this map which are completely ASB, but I'm going to focus on Germany and why it has its post WW2 eastern border despite neither World Wars taking place.

It does'nt, it includes parts of Western Czechoslovakia, parts of Western Poland and about half of Austria.

And the challenge did mention their were wars between the French bloc and German bloc, and I figure it's unrealistic either side would be able to fully retain its borders.
If you notice both France and Germany, apart from having extended borders in some areas, have also seen borders pushed back in others.

Where would I find the base map you used? That's a nice job there...

James

The one I used is one I edited to make blank, it was originally a map showing NATO I think.

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9418/europebig.png

I've continued my EU3 Magna Mundi Brabant game and just got through some nasty noble uprisings after I went into a regency council, so I figured it'd be a good time to make another map. :D

Since the last map, I got into a personal union and then inherited Oldenburg, but had to grant the province autonomous estates. Right now they're opposing me because of my gradually getting rid of serfdom. :p Also, I got dragged into a war by Saxony against Hesse and Thuringia, so I grabbed Nassau and made Thuringia become Protestant while I was there. The war ended right before I went into the regency and had the noble uprising, so that's why I'm going to have the House of Nassau as the dynasty after the regency ends.

A map of the colonies will come soon.

Brabant_MMP_1605.png

Oooh nice one Scarecrow! I like how you did the coastline.
Thanks. In the ongoing vector cold war forces further experimentation with fancy techniques.
Very nice map, Scarecrow. It's somewhat big, though, you could have made it a bit smaller by excluding large, uninhabited areas of the map.
Yeah, that is the one problem. I could have trimmed the top and right, but next time. The base map was far larger.
Well, that's certainly original. Nice work.

I'm planning on doing some more Australian AH maps to make a break from the UCS maps of the world/America/Europe that clog up the place.

Nice, although unless they've been having wars at 10-year intervals it usually makes sense to put exact dates of conquest on the legend, like this or this:

Unification%20of%20Germany.jpg

You know, judging from the legend, at first glance it looked to me like Germany had annexed every surrounding country in 1871! :eek:

Hapsburg

Banned
The Local Cluster, circa December 6293. The Zaaroft War is ending its fifth year. A total of around six billion CGU military dead, mostly naval personnel, contrast to the nearly twelve billion dead Zaaroft, mostly civilians.

CGU War Map 6294.png

Status
Not open for further replies.