Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
An independent Venice that was established after the Italo-German war in the timeline I posted about: Any tips for future mapmaking?
image_2021-11-18_122928.png
Venice 1980 Labeled.png

Tried out a different map style this time around, inspired by the very nice work done by @Cattette through QGis, Photoshop and Illustrator. There are still some quirks to work out, but as a first attempt I'm rather satisfied :)

deuti7a-52a106b0-796f-45b6-a71c-fce859f4b1c4.png

Tried out a different map style this time around, inspired by the very nice work done by @Cattette through QGis, Photoshop and Illustrator. There are still some quirks to work out, but as a first attempt I'm rather satisfied :)

deuti7a-52a106b0-796f-45b6-a71c-fce859f4b1c4.png
V I N L A N D
love to see it
Also since u use qgis can you take requests for a basemap? If so message me itd be really appreciated

I had an interesting dream a little while ago that I figured the folks here would enjoy. It took place in a world where nuclear bombs were just not real i suppose, because I am not sure how else the world of that dream could have gotten to be where it is.

So things really get interesting in the 1980s, let me set the scene:
The Soviet Union is stagnant, while China grows in strength by the day. The nations of Western Europe have descended into fascism and tyranny once again, as France and the others form an alliance of European Nations, abandoning NATO in the process. China and France, seeing that they have a common enemy in the Warsaw Pact, agree to attack the USSR together, starting The Third World War during the late 1980s. An alliance of France and other European Nations, China, and Pakistan, against the USSR and the other Warsaw Pact nations, India, and Taiwan. The US, UK, and Japan were neutral.

DreamWWIII.png

The Paris-Beijing axis defeated the USSR and its allies. Regions that were historically ruled by the Qing Dynasty were given to China from both India and the USSR. 1930 borders were restored in Europe, and the Warsaw Pact nations joined the European Alliance, Kashmir was given to Pakistan, China captured Taiwan and Chinese collaborators were put into power in North Korea.
DreamWWIIIaftermath.png

I honestly couldn't tell you what set off World War IV, but I know it began around 2018 or so. An alliance of the USA, Canada, Mexico, the UK, India, the Southeast Asian Nations, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan fighting against the Fascist EU, China, and Pakistan. As far as I can remember, WWIV was a hellish war to fight, much like WWI was. The EU was getting soundly beaten by the USSR, while the USSR-China front was a stalemate due to the terrain. The main focus of the war was the "Hong Kong offensive," a massive campaign of allied troops in southern China with the end goal of capturing Hong Kong. It was a real meatgrinder of a campaign, but the Allies were making big gains and were nearing Shenzhen and Macau, which were both devastated by bombing. That was about where the dream ended, right before, I received a letter in the mail, telling me that I had been drafted.
DreamWWIV.png

The Dominicans rebelled and kept from being invaded by Haiti several times, plus they fought a war to drive out the Spanish during the American Civil War, when the Dominica President rolled out the mat to the Spanish to make them a colony again. I am unsure if the Americans would desire an area filled with Spanish speakers of indeterminate racial background who have a long history of fighting invaders. Also don’t think the Americans would have it in the budget to buy the Virgin Islands from Denmark. Or to give much support of any sort for a canal... Hmmm. Was there no American Civil War in this timeline? And is Cuba Spanish or independent?

The Dominicans rebelled and kept from being invaded by Haiti several times, plus they fought a war to drive out the Spanish during the American Civil War, when the Dominica President rolled out the mat to the Spanish to make them a colony again. I am unsure if the Americans would desire an area filled with Spanish speakers of indeterminate racial background who have a long history of fighting invaders. Also don’t think the Americans would have it in the budget to buy the Virgin Islands from Denmark. Or to give much support of any sort for a canal... Hmmm. Was there no American Civil War in this timeline? And is Cuba Spanish or independent?
Perhaps this passes?

I had an interesting dream a little while ago that I figured the folks here would enjoy. It took place in a world where nuclear bombs were just not real i suppose, because I am not sure how else the world of that dream could have gotten to be where it is.

So things really get interesting in the 1980s, let me set the scene:
The Soviet Union is stagnant, while China grows in strength by the day. The nations of Western Europe have descended into fascism and tyranny once again, as France and the others form an alliance of European Nations, abandoning NATO in the process. China and France, seeing that they have a common enemy in the Warsaw Pact, agree to attack the USSR together, starting The Third World War during the late 1980s. An alliance of France and other European Nations, China, and Pakistan, against the USSR and the other Warsaw Pact nations, India, and Taiwan. The US, UK, and Japan were neutral.

View attachment 696783
The Paris-Beijing axis defeated the USSR and its allies. Regions that were historically ruled by the Qing Dynasty were given to China from both India and the USSR. 1930 borders were restored in Europe, and the Warsaw Pact nations joined the European Alliance, Kashmir was given to Pakistan, China captured Taiwan and Chinese collaborators were put into power in North Korea.
View attachment 696784
I honestly couldn't tell you what set off World War IV, but I know it began around 2018 or so. An alliance of the USA, Canada, Mexico, the UK, India, the Southeast Asian Nations, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan fighting against the Fascist EU, China, and Pakistan. As far as I can remember, WWIV was a hellish war to fight, much like WWI was. The EU was getting soundly beaten by the USSR, while the USSR-China front was a stalemate due to the terrain. The main focus of the war was the "Hong Kong offensive," a massive campaign of allied troops in southern China with the end goal of capturing Hong Kong. It was a real meatgrinder of a campaign, but the Allies were making big gains and were nearing Shenzhen and Macau, which were both devastated by bombing. That was about where the dream ended, right before, I received a letter in the mail, telling me that I had been drafted.
View attachment 696787
... Huh. Poles deported from the most industrial areas they worked hard to rebuild, Yugoslavia being imaged and dissected despite not being actively pro-Moscow, plus Hungary got Carpathian Ruthenia. Which countries ran the European group before and after the war against the Soviets?

Though the French got the Spanish to cede them their half of the island. If they kept the Haitian part, no reason they wouldn’t keep it all.
Although the Spaniards officially recovered the eastern part in 1814. After for the western part, we can imagine a PoD or the French keep it successfully. After Santo Domingo without being occupied by Haiti would have a different history I grant, but would not change much between 1821 and 1870, it would just be independent longer, without being occupied by OTL Haiti.

What if the Netherlands went crazy with polders and recreated Dogger Island?
View attachment 697009
I feel this is going to be a lot easier for the English to swim too than Calais. A bit hard to tell without other landmasses shown. I look forward to a sequel that fills in the areas between the islands and peninsulas of Zeeland. Ahhh, but really. Imagine the Dutch politicians, trying to tell the public they are making Doggerland and trying to explain where they got the dirt from and if it won’t end up raising the sea level outside the Dutch dikes,

Status
Not open for further replies.