The Q-BAM Improvement and Core Thread

P581ihh.png

I'm a cartographer on NationStates and I want to provide my take on the QBAM. This very old version includes territorial waters with EEZs and closed borders outlined in red and soon-to-be closed borders in orange. I'm willing to see these used to some extent as the QBAM gets improved along with their own improvements. I'll be closely watching this thread.

You can find my work in this NS dispatch.

Genuinely surprised at how Brazil looks like a pariah state among South American countries. What's up with the closed borders over there?

Made the ugandan districts, including the ones created by the Parliament in 2015 (orange indicates new district borders) as of June 2018, also made changes in the national and subnational borders
Uganda.png

EDIT: also made Latvian municipalities and the administrative regions of Morocco (since 2015)
Latvia.png

Morocco.png

EDIT: also a patch for west Antarctica and lake Titicaca (wow, I have many updates)
Antarctica_vestra.png

Lake_Titicaca.png

Last edited:
Christ man! How much do you have?
Many, many more updates and patches
  • Added the 7 urban districts of Botswana
  • Nepal now has 7 provinces instead of the former 5 Development regions
  • Updated regions of Ethiopia + special woredas
  • Updated provinces and special cities of both Koreas
  • Minor changes in Ukraine
Patches.png

Last edited:
It's patch-a-palooza! I have to ask, any chance you want to tackle counties for this United States update while you're on a tear? I've long since given up.
United States Patch.png

What happened to the US Counties?
I mean, they still exist for the old state borders, but those borders are living fossils from the caveman days of Q-BAM, and are, frankly, terrible. Just look at mini-Minnesota! I was able to trace new state borders using this template, but failed miserably doing the counties freehand, so now I must shamelessly ask for help.

Bugger, loads of good patches, need to keep up appearances (I've had these sitting around on my hard drive for a while, I just always put off posting them for one reason or another);

Ice sheets of Devon Island;
upload_2018-6-24_17-59-37.png

Ice sheets of the Severnaya Zemlya Archipelago;
upload_2018-6-24_18-25-30.png

The De Long Islands with the New Siberia Archipelago;
upload_2018-6-24_17-56-36.png

Herald Island with Wrangel Island;
upload_2018-6-24_17-59-16.png

No one mind if I claim the right to finish the ice-sheets patches before anyone else does? I'll admit I'm a slow worker, but I'm also stubborn; I've started so I'll finish damn it.

I also have two quite large patches for Australia and Indonesia in the works, so again leave those areas be for now.

Attachments

• upload_2018-6-24_17-42-8.png
    upload_2018-6-24_17-42-8.png
    1.6 KB · Views: 365
I’m going to dive back into North America and do some work on the shore, the Northeast and Maritimes in particular. I eventually intend to work on the Aland and Faroe Islands as well, so paws off!