Air and Space Photos from Alternate Worlds.

Anyone else miss the days where the Kliper was promised by Russia/EU. The thing is IMO cool and frankly adorable. Look at those lil wings...

I am thinking of using the Kliper concept for one of the space programmes in my TL. The French built the first spaceplanes in my TL, are the main experts in the field, and one of the smaller programmes is cooperating with them to use their expertise for their own reusable spacecraft project. I can imagine an analogue of the Kliper could work as a low-cost, modular spaceplane/capsule vehicle for common orbital operations. Not sure if I'll go in that direction, but it could be worth a try.

Revisiting a few old models from my Kolyma's Shadow timeline. President Rockefeller returns to the US aboard Air Force One following his summit meeting in Reykjavik with Soviet First Secretary Andrei Kirilenko, November 1977. This was the first major trip for the new Air Force One, with the previously used 707s being phased out in favour of the new, supersonic Boeing 2707s.

36866001814_2f72d85553_o.png

(Note that JFK never became president ITTL, and so never changed the colour scheme to the familiar blue and white. The livery instead remains close to that previously used, but with the black nose replaced with white to cope with friction heating at supersonic speeds).

While doing some research for "Right Side Up," I found a neat little airbrush job in an old L-5 Society magazine. A privately-operated Space Shuttle, from the days when they thought it would be cheap enough for this to make sense.

Attachments

• Screenshot-2017-10-8.png
    Screenshot-2017-10-8.png
    249.2 KB · Views: 359