Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I did randomly.

TmFPbZn.png

*Note: California is there because they were trying to stabilize the region. (They failed btw)

The "Volksprinzessin", the Lady Charlotte of Prussia

Nice Idea, but nobility doesn't work like this in Germany.
All familiy members bear the families title of nobility while not (legaly) having any other last name. This also means that you can not number non-ruling counts, dukes, ect. as there can be several people (brothers, sons, uncles) with the same title at the same time.

Nice Idea, but nobility doesn't work like this in Germany.
All familiy members bear the families title of nobility while not (legaly) having any other last name. This also means that you can not number non-ruling counts, dukes, ect. as there can be several people (brothers, sons, uncles) with the same title at the same time.

What?.......... explain further.

What?.......... explain further.

Take Bismarck as an example:
He was Otto von Bismarck right form his birth although his father was still alive and he had an older brother. And all his three children (and their descendands) bore/bear the title count / countess Bismarck.

It works like this with all German titles count or below. Only Herzog (Duke, my earlier post was incorrect on this detail) and Fürst are passed on only to the eldest son while everybody else is Prinz (confussing as both Prinz and Fürst are translated as Prince) or in some cases Graf (count).
(Bismarck is not only a good exmaple but also a double execption: his ducal style was personal only and not passed on to any child, while his princely title is only inherited by the oldest male ("the head of the house"), as it is considered on pair with a souvereign rulers title).

As another exception in Austria (after 18something) it became comon to retain the family name and use it in addition to the noble title (still inherited in the German fashion) instead of completly replacing it with the title.

If Chrurchill would have been German he would have been Prinz Winston von Marlborough (one of several princes) and not using any other familiy name.

Last edited:
Take Bismarck as an example:
He was Otto von Bismarck right form his birth although his father was still alive and he had an older brother. And all his three children (and their descendands) bore/bear the title count / countess Bismarck.

If Chrurchill would have been German he would have been Duke (or Prince) Winston of Marlborough (one of several) and not using any other familiy name.

It works like this with 95% of German titles.
(Bismarck is not only a good exmaple but also a double execption: his ducal style was personal only and not passed on to any child while his princely title is only inherited by the oldest male ("the head of the house"), as it is considered on pair with a souvereign rulers title).

Oh yes, almost forgot about that, but Maybe Princess Charlotte was apart of the other 5%

Huh. So apparently an infobox I made got someone else a bunch of karma on Reddit...and that person doesn't realize that it is satire.

Link

Proof (note that this the fixed version that the Reddit user didn't use for some reason)

I love how no one seemed to notice, even in the comments. The closest you got was someone theorising it was from Conservapedia, which is of course tantamount to calling it satire, but no one actually did it explicitly.

Here's something I whipped up showing what the Canadian cabinet would've looked like if the Liberal-NDP coalition succeeded in 2008:

Coalition cabinet.png

The basic story is that Stephane Dion rescinds his resignation as Liberal leader after becoming Prime Minister, and leads his party into the 2011 election. The government is relatively popular, and the Liberals manage to win a slim majority, and, since it's no longer necessary, decide not to form a coalition with the NDP.

Coalition cabinet.png

Interesting. I personally believe that the coalition would've imploded spectacularly but I agree with your apparent sentiment that Dion would have become more popular with voters once he got a chance to govern.

How is the NDP doing in this ATL? A coalition is the sort of thing that makes or breaks parties like the NDP

Interesting. I personally believe that the coalition would've imploded spectacularly but I agree with your apparent sentiment that Dion would have become more popular with voters once he got a chance to govern.

How is the NDP doing in this ATL? A coalition is the sort of thing that makes or breaks parties like the NDP

Yeah, this is basically why I kept Dion as Liberal leader. If not Dion it still would've been Ignatieff, and he would've had a much more difficult time working with the NDP.

The NDP is doing okay. They didn't achieve the same breakthrough that they did IRL 2011, as the election in this ATL was held in August 2011, shortly before Layton's death, so he wasn't able to campaign the same way. They still benefited somewhat from the popularity of the government, and managed to elect a fair chunk of seats (around 20 or so) in Quebec, where the Bloc fell (Reasons: #1: Bloc lost support to the Liberals, thanks to Dion, and #2: Quebeckers now began to see the NDP as an option).

Dion win a majority? Sorry, but I'm calling ASB.

Meh, my reasoning was like Daltonia, that Dion would become more popular if actually given a chance to govern. Besides, it's more interesting this way (and I should note that the Liberals are currently on track to lose to Jim Prentice's Conservatives).

Edit: Also, polls right after Dion became leader showed that he'd win a majority. Granted, he was less known and during the two years between 2006 and 2008 the Conservatives really did a number on him, but it at least shows that a Dion majority isn't impossible. Unlikely, but possible.

Since people liked my previous version of "the US with a Canada-style party system", I decided to try some more.

Unlike the 2012 one, there was no three-way poll with a someone I could use NDP/Progressive challenger in there, so I had to actually do a bit more work. The Progressives' vote total is that challenger's percentage that they got in the Democratic primaries, with adjustment for each state by the factor of what Ralph Nader got in each election compared to his national average. Their result is subtracted from the Democrats' OTL total and added to Nader's OTL total to get their TTL result.

For the State's Rights totals, I got an approximate average of what the best southern-born candidate got in the 2000 race (I used 2000's percentage for 2004) since Bush is a transplant and McCain isn't a southerner got in the southern primaries then did the same thing with the SR votes with the GOP vote that I used for the Progressives & Dems'. In 2008, I gave McCain roughly whatever percent he got in each southern primary before Super Tuesday for his share of the OTL GOP vote & for the ones held afterwards (KY, LA, MS, TN, TX, VA, WV) I gave him his average (32%) (I gave Huckabee an additional 5% boost in Arkansas since it's his home state).

Whew...enough methodology, here's the first out of three:

uscan00.png

The State's Rights must have planned to let Bush pick up the south, because their best candidate (Gary Bauer) got 5% of the OTL southern...GOP vote...yeah. So he finished way below the threshold for inclusion on the infobox and Dubya didn't come close to losing a southern state.

It looks weird that Nader won Massachusetts & Rhode Island while Vermont and Hawaii go Republican. This occurs because MA & RI were so Democratic that more than half of their votes could split to Bradley & he'd still win, while HI & VT weren't quite lopsided enough where such a split could be pulled off.

uscan00.png

Status
Not open for further replies.