Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

forgot how difficult Karen is
at the mercy of the RNG
and now, it's slightly more difficult, since with the map extension your starting neighbors have more holdings

forgot how difficult Karen is
at the mercy of the RNG
and now, it's slightly more difficult, since with the map extension your starting neighbors have more holdings

I dunno, I just started a Karen Ironman. Khiva seems a bit easier to takedown now as it can get distracted by the East.

So how is ROI on the 'this is going so slow and melting my PC' front?

I don't have it yet but "they", they being some guy from paradox said they were optimizing it to run better, so hopefully little to no slowdown. If we are lucky it might even be faster.

I dunno, I just started a Karen Ironman. Khiva seems a bit easier to takedown now as it can get distracted by the East.

When I attack Khiva on Day 1, the Saffarids finish early and then join their war. When I do anything else, the Saffarids take years to finish their first war.

When I attack Khiva on Day 1, the Saffarids finish early and then join their war. When I do anything else, the Saffarids take years to finish their first war.

Lol, RNG is a bitch.

The Saffs are looking pretty scary in my game right now. I'm saving up the cash for a horde of mercs, just in case.

Lol, RNG is a bitch.

The Saffs are looking pretty scary in my game right now. I'm saving up the cash for a horde of mercs, just in case.

Mine too. They are huge now. I tried thinking outside the box, and expand into Afghanistan, and I now control the upper Indus River. Zoroastrian India, anyone?

Steam's having some issues with my preferred payment method (and in general), so I have to wait a bit more. :(

Wasn't planning on playing much without the updated mods anyway, though. VIET 4 life!

Turned off automatic updates and now have to launch CK2 through the .exe to finish my Rome game. I've got about 170 years left to play and if it goes at the speed it's been going at so far that's about another 60-80 hours of gameplay QQ Sometimes I can push the game up to speed 3 if there's no major civil wars going on, so roughly for 5 years out of every century.

Zioneer

Banned
For some reason, Rajas of India and half of my portrait packs aren't working. Most of the other big "expansions" (Sword of Islam, The Republic, The Old Gods, the Ruler Designer and Legacy of Rome), are working, but none of the non-African extra portraits and Rajas work.

I got everything off of GamersGate as I don't use Steam all that often, so could that be it? I have CK2 registered and I'm up-to-date with patches, so I don't know what other reason it isn't working.

For some reason, Rajas of India and half of my portrait packs aren't working. Most of the other big "expansions" (Sword of Islam, The Republic, The Old Gods, the Ruler Designer and Legacy of Rome), are working, but none of the non-African extra portraits and Rajas work.

I got everything off of GamersGate as I don't use Steam all that often, so could that be it? I have CK2 registered and I'm up-to-date with patches, so I don't know what other reason it isn't working.

I had a similar problem and I fixed it by doing this:

Uninstall it all, while keeping backup for saves.
Delete any leftover folders/files in my documents and where it was installed (c or d drive).
Download the game/expansions portraits again.
Re-install it all again.

Hope that helps.

Zioneer

Banned
I had a similar problem and I fixed it by doing this:

Uninstall it all, while keeping backup for saves.
Delete any leftover folders/files in my documents and where it was installed (c or d drive).
Download the game/expansions portraits again.
Re-install it all again.

Hope that helps.

Tried that, doesn't seem to work (besides deleting my saves, which I had wanted to do anyway). GamersGate seems to be convinced that I have CK2 on my Steam Account, which I don't. It won't let me download Rajas of India, Celtic/Mongol portraits, and Dynasty Shields. Everything else is re-downloaded after I reinstalled CK2.

Tried that, doesn't seem to work (besides deleting my saves, which I had wanted to do anyway). GamersGate seems to be convinced that I have CK2 on my Steam Account, which I don't. It won't let me download Rajas of India, Celtic/Mongol portraits, and Dynasty Shields. Everything else is re-downloaded after I reinstalled CK2.

Email them for help.

CK2 went Steam exclusive a couple months ago. You can't use the Gamersgate version to get anything more recent than December.