Map Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a sort of prequel to the last map I posted on here.

If you're going to split South America into megablocs, that's probably not the best way to do it. Brazil would have little means or motive to take over Bolivia or Paraguay, given the terrain involved. It'd make more sense for Bolivia to be part of the state that includes Peru and Chile, given historical ties, while Paraguay would fit in somewhat better with Argentina.

I can crank out some bullshit maps if it'll get you to keep this up, Kaiphranos, but I don't think that is the intent of this thread...

Thanks, guys, but writing that one drove me to the fringy edges of map-sanity; I'm not sure I could do it on a regular basis...

Behold, one of the end products of about 20 hours without sleep!

Ish-bosh-bish-tosh.png

Behold, one of the end products of about 20 hours without sleep!

Communist takeover of Brazil
Para attacking Brazil from the north, but what is attacking Para (I assume that name based on the Brazilian state) along the Amazon?
Bolivia and Paraguay using Brazilian civil war as an opportunity to take some territory, with Bolivia also displaying revanchism in the Atacama.

Is that... is that a Brazilian Mosquito Coast? Or is it just a light green Portugal, which is losing its Brazilian territories? No... couldn't be... I see a dark green Cape Verde.

And some territory controlled but not claimed by Venezuela, Colombia, and Peru. If I'm not mistaken, I think the US is also invading Colombia, which is invading Venezuela. Is that an Austrian Guyana?

Lascupa, care to shed some light?

I'm sorry for the confusion, but I used TACOS. The Mosquito coast is independent, that's the formerly British Caribbean colour... Similarly, all four Guyanas are independent. Basic premise is that the US took a thoroughly anti-colonial stance, with the result that no european holds official power in the Americas. However, focusing on "liberating" other countries halfway around the world means that all sorts of stuff happened closer to home. The republic of the Rio Grande, the Yucatan, California, and Chiapas all revolted from Mexico, and South America degenerated into delusional nationalists and ever shifting warlord states. The populace of Brazil has been revolting against it all, all while Francis Arellano's "Empire de l'Amazonie" tries to subjugate everyone, with success in Bolivia. The remaining native population, forced to work on plantations, revolts weakly in places. The US's hand has been forced, and they are jointly invading Columbia with Cuba. Columbia's dictator thought that Venezuela was siding with them for some reason, and so invades...

Basically, a bleeding mess.

Ah, I'm not yet familiar with all the different shades.

Yes, that sounds like a crazy good time for all. What of Texas?

Texas got most of their claimed land, minus a bit in the south. They where absorbed into the US as OTL, and where admitted as two states, one slave and one free. On the subject, the civil war TTL was shorter and less damaging. The only real lasting effect, besides the abolition of slavery, is Westsylvania was admitted as a state.

Texas got most of their claimed land, minus a bit in the south. They where absorbed into the US as OTL, and where admitted as two states, one slave and one free. On the subject, the civil war TTL was shorter and less damaging. The only real lasting effect, besides the abolition of slavery, is Westsylvania was admitted as a state.

Noooo... Rio Grande or bust! :p

Is it actually still a screw if the country ceased to exist?

Yeah, good point.

Basiccly what happend is Germany and the CP won the war, but then Austria's new king was a mad dictator who invaded Germany right after the war, Germany won and divded up the old A-H. giving most of what belonged to Austria to itself.

FDW

Banned
Here's my version of a Central Powers victory, (plus a Austria screw)

You might want to adjust the borders of Ottoman Egypt and Sudan to have them follow the Nile, as there's literally no people in some of administrative divisions you have. You might also want to tweak the divisions of German Africa to follow whatever ones were established by the Belgians Also, maybe have the US annex that white state consisting of Sonora and Baja California, and do some adjustment of communist held territories (This would be a good place to actually use shapeless random blobs, and getting rid of the Communist Lapland).

Yeah, good point.

Basiccly what happend is Germany and the CP won the war, but then Austria's new king was a mad dictator who invaded Germany right after the war, Germany won and divded up the old A-H. giving most of what belonged to Austria to itself.
OK. Here is a few suggestions from me.

Make Poland independent. It was actually planned to be. Give it Congress Poland (i.e. all Polish lands not part of Germany in 1914, but is German on your map)

Charles I dont strike me as insane. Maybe just have A-H collapse and Germany intervene, creating an puppet Austro-Bohemia?

Yeah, good point.

To quote Eddie Izzard: "... because it's a bad idea when cousins marry!"
Seriously, who would that even be? (Emperor-King, BTW) And why would no one stop him? IIRC, A-H as well as Germany was pretty much controlled by the General Staff by the end of the war.

Also, maybe have the US annex that white state consisting of Sonora and Baja California,

Yeah, how'd Mexico lose that and the Yucatan peninsula? Zimmerman telegram get through without being intercepted, and Mexico tried to war with the US?

I'd think the US would invade Veracruz rather than the useless Yucatan. Anyway, missing a little bit of white in Campeche.

Status
Not open for further replies.