Map Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't seem like there was one, but reading your post was fun, and this map thread is almost to 3000 posts!

If it's numbers rather than maps we want, we can just generate a bunch of posts saying POOPOOPOOPOOPOOPOOPOOPOOPOOPOO

(Leaves, disgruntled, to finish a map)

Bruce

This is a sort of prequel to the last map I posted on here. It is set around 1920 as the world braces for a major war, which will essentially become its version of WWI, with more mobility in some areas, but better trenches in others.

The sides come down to the United States, Germany, Russia, and Japan (later Mexico and Italy as well) against Britain, France, Austria, and the Ottoman Empire.

The war will last for several years and will see a major weakening of most of the major European powers. France is devastated after years of war. Russia, Germany, Austria, France, and Britain all lose what is essentially a generation of young men. In the end the United States, Mexico, and Japan are the biggest beneficiaries.

There are minor territorial shifts in Western Europe, but Austria is essentially destroyed. Germany annexes most of its territory and becomes the sole Great Power of Europe. Russia would have become a similiar power, but suffers a violent revolution in the 1930s Germany is unwilling to stop. The tsar flees to Alaska.

In Asia Japan takes multiple islands from Britain at the end of the war as well as Hong Kong. Their success here, and the Mexican military shipments also help ensure Japan will be able to fight China effectively in the 1940s and 50s. Additionally India successfully revolts against British rule but is beset by internal dissent from the competing factions.

In North America Mexico and the U.S. take over what little remains of British possessions in Central America. The U.S. seizes the Carribean holdings as well..

ATL-1920.png

Nooooo... I hate failed Texas revolutions! :mad::p

I like the Super-Liberia you've got there, though.

What tells you that? Best I can tell, they have all of the original revolting territory, plus a drunkard's amount of the claims. No, what really must be fixed are things like Afghanistan's border or... Oh my Ce- What did you do to Tripolitania? Burn the map! Spare the heretic and teach it the error of it's ways!

Last edited:
Nooooo... I hate failed Texas revolutions! :mad::p

I like the Super-Liberia you've got there, though.

The revolution didn't fail. The Texans won, and got some of what they wanted, but the Mexican-American War was a draw and heavier settlement by Mexican citizens in the north stopped those areas from falling. By the time either country had the power to force the issue there were more important enemies (mainly the United Kingdom.)

What tells you that? Best I can tell, they have all of the original revolting territory, plus a drunkard's amount of the claims.

Right, but the weird boundary because I couldn't find the right river on the map, so I guesstimated.

No, what really must be fixed are things like Afghanistan's border or... Oh my Ce- What did you do to Tripolitania? Burn the map! Spare the heretic and teach it the error of it's ways!

Yeah, I realize those have to be worked on, but haven't decided how it will be settled quite yet.

Edit: Do you have a source of information on how to set up the borders, because I am having difficulty finding one.

What tells you that? Best I can tell, they have all of the original revolting territory, plus a drunkard's amount of the claims. No, what really must be fixed are things like Afghanistan's border or... Oh my Ce- What did you do to Tripolitania? Burn the map! Spare the heretic and teach it the error of it's ways!

I consider anything short of the Rio Grande to be failure, but I suppose that would be in the Mexican war, like wcv said.

What's with Argentina claiming South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, but not the Falklands? Just an overlooked claim? And who owns Socotra?

And I assume the artificial island off the coast of Portugal is an accidental click.

Yeah, I realize those have to be worked on, but haven't decided how it will be settled quite yet.

Edit: Do you have a source of information on how to set up the borders, because I am having difficulty finding one.

Depends. If you use MSpaint, use the pencil tool, then smooth it out with said tool. If you use Paint.net, you have to mess about with a bunch of options and stuff first. Wouldn't know for anything else. Where applicable, you can also copy bits off of other bases (link), but don't do ONLY that.

Don't worry, you'll get better. When I first joined, one of my first maps featured Rome, the Mughals, and Communist China or other such random states dividing the world, with ugly random curvy lines, and I expected people to want to do a mapgame on it. Now, though, I usually get chided for inaccurate placement of Banu Sulaym and other such minor things, and I have put in a considerable amount of work on the Q-bam. You can get better, you only must try. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.