Map Thread IX

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Vexacus, Dec 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rvbomally Russian Hacker

The issue here is the way you expressed your views is incendiary and not welcoming. We should welcome newcomers while encouraging them to work harder. My problem isn't that you said "fuck," it's calling his map completely shite in the quote. This is not a good way to get newcomers to listen to advice.

And you're right: it is exactly what everyone else said, which deflates your argument that relying on a random member's response is unrepresentative of your own views. I think when it comes to bad maps, everyone is thinking the same thing. Unless the cursing is a necessary ingredient, then you can let others speak for you.

Don't worry, I'm not reporting anyone.

2. CoolMan123 The Man with the Frying Pan

Map I made:

You make up the description :p

My Map.PNG

3. Noravea Well-Known Member

Post-War Italy from my TL Giovinezza.

[​IMG]

4. Kaiphranos Hydraulic Despot Donor

What I find ironic is this: judging by the fellow's posting record, we probably won't see or hear from him [or her] again until sometime in 2014 or so...

5. Lascupa0788 Avantyurysta Class II

Description: An ASB is having a bad day and chucks his lasagna at a random world. Therefore, Taiwan can't decide if it wants to claim Mongolia or no.

6. Oh Jesus....everyone hates random maps, especially when they're random in the sense that you just edited and recoloured some borders

I'm going to bed, I have to pretend to be religious for my little brother tomorrow, fucking Irish Barmitzvah only without the usual ten-glass ethanol.

7. B_Munro Member

8. B_Munro Member

The Grimdark World of OTL Borders and Borders that Are Strange? :)

Bruce

9. metastasis_d Full Battle Rattle

Let's see:
    Random territorial claims fulfilled
    Random borders dropped and nations combined
    Texas won it's independence, but the US lost the Mexican war? But still gained Baja? At least Texas retains the Rio Grande border...
    Any countries in Africa that make the map 'cleaner' get combined...
    Ditto with India
    Russia takes everything it wants (plus Mongolia) except some of the Caucasus and Turkmenistan
    Japan got Sakhalin (looks cleaner than Russia)
    Australia gets Papau and New Zealand, which is left as a rump state in it's Polynesian territories.
    Of course, a united Scandinavia, but Denmark wants to do their own thing, which includes taking back Iceland.
    The UK falls apart in a most unusual fashion (and drops their claims on Rockall)
    France loses Brittany, but gains Belgium and Luxembourg.
    United Arabia.

I can't go on any further.

10. Kaiphranos Hydraulic Despot Donor

People in the U.S. get tired of having to count to fifty, so they rearrange a bunch of state borders until there are only a dozen or so. Somewhere along the way, British Columbia gets shuffled in by mistake, but the Canadians agree to swap it for Maine, so that's OK. When Arizona and New Mexico heard that they were going to end up as part of "Big Texas," they snuck out the back door one night when everyone else was asleep and joined up with Mexico instead. Mexico considers this only fair considering what happened to Baja California.

The reanimated corpse of Simon Bolivar rises from his grave to rebuild Gran Colombia, defeating Hugo Chavez in a beach volleyball match along the way. When he hears the news, Fidel Castro has a stroke and dies. By virtue of an ultra-secret treaty, this makes Cuba a U.S. state. A wave of random annexations sweeps South America in the wake of Zombolivar's victory.

On the other side of the Atlantic, the United Kingdom and France get together and decide that it would make absolutely no sense if Britain were to give Scotland and Cornwall independence while picking up Brittany, so they do that. Italy takes control of Tunisia by threatening to kick Sicily at them. The Baltic nations have an accident involving a bottle of superglue and end up inextricably stuck together. Further south, time begins running in reverse The Czech Republic gets back together with Slovakia, and Austria and Hungary hook up again, and Yugoslavia reassembles itself. Russia freaks out.

Israel achieves its longstanding ambition to look vaguely like the letter 'J'. Iran and Iraq realize they actually have a lot in common. The new nation of Iranq promptly divvies up the 'Stans with Russia, but it's not like anyone will miss them.

The inhabitants of South Korea look at the world plunging into insanity and conclude that the only logical course of action is to surrender to North Korea, since they have far more experience with this sort of thing. China, India, and Japan try to pretend nothing is happening.

Down Under, the Australians and the New Zealanders discover that after years of confusion they were in fact the same thing. They celebrate this discovery by barbecuing hundreds of sheep and thousands of jars of Marmite.

Stuff happens in Africa, but no one cares.

Look, what was the point of this?

11. metastasis_d Full Battle Rattle

Doesn't seem like there was one, but reading your post was fun, and this map thread is almost to 3000 posts!

12. Le gasp! :eek:

13. Ulster Fights, is occasionally Right Donor

I...I think that's the greatest thing I've ever read

14. CoolMan123 The Man with the Frying Pan

Nice work! :) Just a bit of fun really :p

15. metastasis_d Full Battle Rattle

I especially like the independent Caprivi.

Also, where is the new NZ capital?

16. CoolMan123 The Man with the Frying Pan

Caprivi must be a colouring error on my part.

NZ Govt has retreated to the Cook Islands after being invaded by Australia :p.

17. metastasis_d Full Battle Rattle

Don't forget about independent Isla Aves! They don't seem to want to go along with New Gran Colombia.

18. CoolMan123 The Man with the Frying Pan

Darn, missed that one too! Its probably good in a way due to all those territorial disputes. :p

19. metastasis_d Full Battle Rattle

It also appears that Rump Vietnam consists of some claims in the uninhabitable Spratly Islands.

And Bhutan is a mess, having been mostly absorbed by India, but with some simply claimed by them, the rest claimed by both Chinas, and just a bit independent.

I dig the independent Åland Islands and Saaremaa Island, though.

20. Chairwoman Roxelana Footstool Empress

Bhutan`s non-existance is what the Indians what you to believe. It actually recovered the Bengal Duars and Cooch-Behar.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.