Reconstruction: The Second American Revolution - The Sequel to Until Every Drop of Blood Is Paid

I'm sorry, but "radiation"? A typo, I presume?
Radiation as in, you know how America is like that because of the Pilgrims, car culture, and the Dixies never being properly punished, and is just something most Americans take for granted? I'm curious as to what the general vibe is without segregation and the southern strategy poisoning modern America

Hm, you know, I wonder if as a side effect of an improved reconstruction, would there be less pressure for francophone Louisianans to give up their language because their interests will be better represented in government than otl, or would it be about the same or even more pressure in order to "prove" they're American.

Last edited:
Oh yeah very petty thing. Will Maryland be granted the entire Delmarva peninsula

No, because Maryland seceded (or better, split itself between a unionist and a confederate government) and there's no way they'd punish Delaware, which remained loyal through and through, by taking away the vast majority of the state and giving it to another whose loyalties were dubious at best.

Last edited:
Random thought, but what type of stereotypes will Black Americans have TTL? With all the increased land ownership, hard push on education, and genuine drive to be better, it would be funny if they receive the reputation of OTL Asian Americans. I can already see it: Black mothers become TTL's version of a Tiger Mom 🤣🤣🤣, they demand excellence from their children in all aspects of life. There would probably be talk like: your ancestors were freed from bondage and immediately became officers/lawyers/doctors/etc.

Last edited:
Random thought, but what type of stereotypes will Black Americans have TTL? With all the increased land ownership, hard push on education, and genuine drive to be better, it would be funny if they receive the reputation of OTL Asian Americans. I can already see it: Black mothers become TTL's version of a Tiger Mom 🤣🤣🤣, they demand excellence from their children in all aspects of life. There would probably be talk like: your ancestors were freed from bondage and immediately became officers/lawyers/doctors/etc.
Panther Moms. I think that could be the name of the stereotype in TTL

No, because Maryland seceded (or better, split itself between a unionist and a confederate government) and there's no way they'd punish Delaware, which remained loyal through and through, by taking away the vast majority of the state and giving it to another whose loyalties were dubious at best.
Not the OP, but misread the question as its inverse... and would like to ask that
Any chance that Delaware is granted land, even if not the entirety of the Delmarva peninsula?
There's certainly an element of punishing the treacherous and rewarding the loyal, but I'm coming more from the angle of the increased land serving to balance Delaware against its larger neighbors imo

Not the OP, but misread the question as its inverse... and would like to ask that
Any chance that Delaware is granted land, even if not the entirety of the Delmarva peninsula?
There's certainly an element of punishing the treacherous and rewarding the loyal, but I'm coming more from the angle of the increased land serving to balance Delaware against its larger neighbors imo
There was a very fragile political balance between the three counties of Delaware. It definitely would've been disturbed during the war, but I'm not sure they'd want more voters.

I thought of that but... it didn't seem elegant? Maybe I'm being silly but "Reconstruction: The Second American Revolution (Part II of Until Every Drop of Blood is Paid)" seemed clunky. How does "Reconstruction: The Second American Revolution - A Sequel to Until Every Drop of Blood is Paid" look like instead?
That works. Unfortunately, despite the inelegant look, there does have to be something telling new readers that this is a sequel, and a summary at this point would just confuse them.

I have no firm plans for the rest of the world and would rather not focus on them until way down the line. For the time, the focus shall remain in the US.
I've said in these discussions that it'll be quite a while before there's any significant impact on the events in the Old World, as US internal affairs simply weren't considered especially important to the great European powers, but the fact of such a successful and comprehensive left-wing revolution being undertaken from above will definitely have significant effects on how both rulers, revolutionaries and those in between view the universe of the politically possible. Long term that could matter a lot so perhaps it's worthwhile doing an update that quickly whips through the various European powers, societies and agitators to see how they're reacting to events in America, if only to sow useful seeds for much later.

I've said in these discussions that it'll be quite a while before there's any significant impact on the events in the Old World, as US internal affairs simply weren't considered especially important to the great European powers, but the fact of such a successful and comprehensive left-wing revolution being undertaken from above will definitely have significant effects on how both rulers, revolutionaries and those in between view the universe of the politically possible. Long term that could matter a lot so perhaps it's worthwhile doing an update that quickly whips through the various European powers, societies and agitators to see how they're reacting to events in America, if only to sow useful seeds for much later.
OTOH, relatively minimal butterflies outside of America for now would fit with the reality that, prior to the World Wars, the United States was not particularly internationalist in its foreign policy and this should be reflected in the repercussions of American events (and for a Doylist reason, it helps reduce the burden on the author).

Last edited:
YES! LETS GO!!!! I read your first TL, Until Every Drop of Blood is Paid, and I loved it enormously! I am certainly gonna enjoy reading this, that's for sure! Continue the absolutely great work, @Red_Galiray !

-LeonardWood6

I must say: Apart from West Virginia-like situations, I don't think carving out new states during the Civil War or Reconstruction is a great idea, nor do I think expanding existing state borders is. The OTL borders of the states are rather good for having large African-American minorities work alongside southern unionists and scalawags in each state, and changing up the borders (let alone carving out a black-majority state) jeopardizes that.

OTOH, relatively minimal butterflies outside of America for now would fit with the reality that, prior to the World Wars, the United States was not particularly internationalist in its foreign policy and this should be reflected in the repercussions of American events (and for a Doylist reason, it helps reduce the burden on the author).
Yeah to be clear I absolutely agree with the stance of minimal butterflies, at least in the short to medium term, in terms of events. But "what do people in Europe think about the Second American Revolution" could still be an interesting piece to read, and longer term that will definitely become important. The seeds of how the world reacts will be born now, as America being a kind of weird but mostly irrelevant place "over there" where people can get rich but is otherwise unimportant to the rest of the world to dominant great power and, if the OTL trajectory continues, global hegemon.