Reconstruction: The Second American Revolution - The Sequel to Until Every Drop of Blood Is Paid

I don't think you can really compare the US in this state to post-war Japan and the LDP, and the very, very, very heavy hand played in the creation of that democratic structure - and the LDP itself - by the US and by Macarthur specifically. The thumb was on the scale in a big way there.

Also, while certain policy issues can be decided one way or another, the underlying philosophical debate does not. The establishment of an income tax does not resolve the ongoing political debate over whether taxes should be higher and lower and how that burden should be distributed; the abolition of tarriffs has absolutely not ended the trade debate in favour of free trade advocates etc etc. In a healthy, functional democracy, there will always be ground for those philosophically opposed to the current administration's ideological goals to craft policy positions that appeal to some segment of the electorate. And of course there's always the inevitability that the longer a single administration - and its continuations - remain in power, the more it will be infected by the spectres of nepotism, patronage and other forms of corruption which always an easy, non-polarising target for ideological opponents to swing at.

All of which to say is that "indefinite Republican (and Radical Republican at that) rule for generation upon generation" is just not going to be a thing. Not if the US is an actual democracy, in which the electorate reminding the government that the electorate is the one with the power to boot out the government and not the other way around is kind of important.
I agree that it’s not going to happen in reconstruction america, I am just pushing back against the claim that multiple winning parties are inevitable in democracies.

Last edited:
I guess the question is how advanced were black civil rights, really, in the South in the early 1870s. It's true that there was still a lot of turmoil - so much so thatperhaps, for the vast majority of blacks, there really wasn't a huge drop-off from 1870 to 1890 in terms of the freedom they experienced. If this is the case, then perhaps there really wasn't anything to be given away - it was all just smoke and mirrors.

If that's the case, then it was really just the potential that was lost, and not the actual expansion of Civil Rights which was then lost by the 1890s.
Yes, pretty much.

AIUI most Blacks (and many Whites) were poor sharecroppers *during* Reconstruction as well as after it, and I can't see much indication that this was going to change even if Reconstruction went on longer.

Yes, pretty much.

AIUI most Blacks (and many Whites) were poor sharecroppers *during* Reconstruction as well as after it, and I can't see much indication that this was going to change even if Reconstruction went on longer.
Kinda hard to be sharecroppers when the land has been confiscated from the planter class and redistributed to said poor blacks and whites

Kinda hard to be sharecroppers when the land has been confiscated from the planter class and redistributed to said poor blacks and whites
An ASB situation. The most votes that idea ever got in Congress was 37 out of 163 cast. IOW only one fourth even of the *Republicans* voted for it. it. It was never even remotely likely.

An ASB situation. The most votes that idea ever got in Congress was 37 out of 163 cast. IOW only one fourth even of the *Republicans* voted for it. it. It was never even remotely likely.
IIRC, the confiscations in this timeline were a wartime measure owing to the old planters being traitors, dead, fled, or some combination of all three. Keep in mind this civil war was a more radical affair than OTL as well.

Have you read the previous instalment of this series ? I'm getting an impression that you have not.

Last edited:
I get the feeling you don't realize this is a sequel to another ATL Civil War thread where the Civil War went rather differently, with things like the Union congress having to flee DC to Philadelphia, war-time measures resulting in seizure of large amounts of land and immediate redistribution, Lincoln both being alive and never having Johnson as his VP, and the Confederate President (in this case, John Breckenridge) being couped by planter aristocracy loyalists angry that he was reaching out to accept terms.

This is a whole other ball game, sir.

Thebattles themselves have been quite ferocious, too; a couple hundred thousand more deathswith the war lasting a little bit longer and more scorched earth tactics on the part of the Confederates as well, leading to greater famine in the winter of '65.The number of total deaths resulting from war, disease, famine, etc. may be twice what it was OTL when the nation as a whole is considered, with of course the South suffering a good deal more of the extra deaths than the North.

LIncoln begins to be radicaplized in 1854 with the assassination of Senator Trumbull; Lincoln becomes his replacement,BleedingKansas becomes Be-out Kansas as a couple rival Constitutions exist, Maryland secedes (as noted) and Kentucky is flat-out bipolar in how it handles the war, having its own Civil War like Missouri OTL. The draft riots are worse in 1863 and Tammany Hall is wrecked, and the 13th Amendment, which is passed months early, has sharper language and more teeth.

Oh, and that doesn't count the fact that, despite the famine, the planters still try to keep the cotton coming, even though you can't eat cotton.

I am SOO excited for this. As much as I liked the last thread, politics and economics are more my thing.

Lincoln at once countermanded Sherman, sent Grant to conclude an unconditional surrender, and assured his Cabinet that “there is no authorized organ for us to treat with . . . We must simply begin with, and mould from, disorganized and discordant elements.” The government, in other words, would not recognize the rebel authorities.

As several Confederate Governors and Legislators were arrested and trialed over the next weeks, it became even clearer that the Lincoln administration was of “the opinion that no civil authority should be recognized which has its source in rebel election or appointment,” wrote Salmon P. Chase. Thus, the vision of a loyal but unreconstructed South was ended.
I cackled when I read this. Seeing those traitors get what they deserve brings a tear to my eye. It’s a travesty that, for the crime of literal treason, they received no punishment IOTL.

Which is why I think my comment later in the 1st thread makes sense - The Dukes of Hazzard may well be 1910s-1930s movie serials which will have at their core a Southern Robin Hood type of family who most constantly battle the corrupt county commissioner.

To show that they really oppose the junta and everything related, the Duke boys can name their car after General Longstreet boss Hogg still could have Jefferson Davis Hogg as his name because Davis was not part of the junta, although you could easily see. Breckenridge.

Boss Hogg and Roscoe this time, as the original Laurel and Hardy, Keystone, cops type of sheriff work. Maybe a black Cooter as a mechanic and best of all… Buster Keaton as the main Dukes driver performing stunt jumps!
I could something like that, a romanticization of poor Southern Whites and apologia for Breckinridge, that says that they didn't do anything wrong while at the same time admitting that the cause of the Confederacy was horrible. Similar to those who say they are just military fans of Rommel but don't care for that Hitler fella.

On that note, I could see former Confederates (and historians as a whole) be very divided on the question of whether Robert E. Lee would have supported the junta had he been alive when the coup occurred, now you mentioned it.
I wanted the question to be ambiguous in-universe, as well, since it would be a pretty crucial for interpreting Lee. So there is no firm answer on my part either.

Not just this; there can also be black xenophobes and gerrymanderers in the places where they can manage to get disproportionate power — especially in the black belt, let alone the black-majority states.

Thanks to the internet revealing the historical material shenanigans of the gilded age alongside the legal justifications for redlining for the modern population to confront — if it isn't for author fiat — a malicious reader can easily imagine the butterfly net to recreate a reconstructed version of OTL that just replaced a good portion of white Dixiecrats with black ones.

At least the alt-Southern Strategy will be radically different though; the devil is in the details, after all.
It's a possibility. Corruption, after all, is not inherent to any race - many Black politicians were known for being corrupt too during the OTL reconstruction, and a more successful one can only create opportunities for Black party bosses and robber barons.

You know, with more Unionists and the anti-Junta Jacquerists lionized, I could see a lot more patronage in the south favoring southerners who profess support for the Republican Party. This could lead to less carpetbagging, which was rather universally despised, and more scalawags.
Certainly, Unionism will be strengthened by the disastrous consequences of the coup. This Union is also far more aware of the need to cultivate and reward White Unionism, as we'll see soon.

it also seems likely there's less room for carpetbagging, since it seems likely congress is gonna force some plantation redistribution
There probably will still be some carpetbaggers. A lot of them came South in view of political office rather than becoming planters, and land redistribution isn't 100% thorough - there are loyal planters who kept their lands, supposedly loyal ones that had it returned due to giving up in time, Northerners who managed to snatch some acres first, and land that is being sold instead of confisctaed and thus can be acquired by Northerners. We'll soon see the details and statistics on land redistribution.

Yeah... though I should note that Grant did try to find a gray area to convict and prosecute perpetrators of anti-black violence when civilian authorities could not bring justice through General Order No. 44. General Order No 44 allowed the army to arrest civilians until a "proper judicial tribunal may be ready and willing to try them." Although it was too late to use it on the Memphis rioters as intended, it did allow the army to crack down on anti-black violence until Johnston retaliated by instructing the release of all individuals who had spent at least 6 months of imprisonment on military court sentence. Here, the army is more free to crack down on violence in general.

I kinda expect that there will be a political battle over the National Guard and Constabulary going into 1872. I'm sure that many in Congress will be looking to cut down on Federal spending (which they did IOTL to the regular army), especially those that think the state has gotten too big and those that think that these formations are "Lincoln's janissary", especially given the high proportion of Freedmen and Unionists.

Coincidentally with the whole idea of Southern as a genre, I could see the Union League paramilitaries becoming very, very useful for the military as a sort of cavalry. IOTL, the regiments that Congress was most eager to demobilize was the volunteer cavalry regiments, which had an expensive upkeep. The cost of it all amounted to $500,000 ($17.5 million in today's money) to raise a cavalry regiment (horses, saddles, uniforms and other equipment) and $90,000 for annual maintenance. Infantry in contrast cost just $100,000 for more people. This was a mistake as an army officer in South Carolina observed how "[infantry] frequently have to march long distances to quell disturbances and often arrive too late to do good. A small force of cavalry would be of infinite service.” Another officer in Arkansas observed, “nothing deters them [hostile Southerners] from . . . the foulest crimes, but the dread of our soldiers, for whom they entertain feelings of ‘holy horror.’ . . . The importance of . . . small forces of Cavalry can not be fully realized until one has had to do with these half whiped barbarians.”
Of course, but it took some time for Grant to take such steps, and his efforts weren't as fruitful as they could have been thanks to Johnson.

The Union League, National Guard, and Constabulary all will be big political issues later. You're spot on regarding the most likely lines of debate. But they're needed, since the Regular Army can't prop up the Reconstruction State permanently. I was also aware of the dire lack of cavalry and how the dissolution of those units impacted Reconstruction. I can see the uptick in guerrilla warfare and irregular "marauding" resulting in cavalry units being kept for more time, but as time advances the costs of occupation are going to start bothering Northerners more and more.

Not an unreasonable assumption, given the number of prominent ex-Rebs who were returned as members of Congress.

Electing the Vice-President of the Confederacy as a Senator from Georgia was hardly a sign of repentance. Even Andrew Johnson expressed annoyance, observing that "There is [in these elections] something of defiance, which is quite out of place at the moment." Unsurprisingly, Congress reacted even more strongly., turning eventually to Black suffrage as the only way to keep former rebels from regaining power.

However, it soon became clear that the ex-Rebs really *had* accepted defeat as far as secession was concerned, so excluding them from office was unnecessary. Significantly the same Congress which passed the Ku Klux Acts also lifted most of the political disabilities imposed by the 14th Amendment, and allowed the Freedman's Bureau to lapse. And from then on it was essentially one not-so-long retreat, since there was no pressing reason to continue, since all the North's war aims had been achieved.

For Pete's sake, if the North (the politically dominant section for most of the following century) had regarded freedman's rights as a priority, how come the undoing of Radical Reconstruction was accepted with a shrug and nothing further done on the subject for three generations? By the 20C it wasn't even appearing in the Republican *platform* any more.
I don't agree with you.

Again, if the only concern was assuring the presence of loyal men in power without regard for Black civil rights, why pass acts such as the Civil Rights Act and 14th amendment? When the Congress finally opened its December session, in fact, it quickly rejected Radical proposals to sweep away Johnson's governments, and instead insisted on measures to guarantee some protection to Black citizens. The Civil Rights Act says nothing about suffrage qualifications or who may be elected; the 14th amendment has equality under the law as its cornerstone and provides for no widespread disenfranchisement. Indeed, if the paramount concern was excluding rebels, wouldn't you expect an amendment with harsh penalties for them and Republican division on the issue of civil rights? Instead, you have the opposite - unity in regards to equality under the law, and divisions when it comes to disenfranchisement.

The admission of Tennessee after it ratified the amendment certainly implied, to a degree, that if a State were to accept legal equality it would have been admitted. Yet Johnson's governments rejected the amendment. It was only after this that Republicans finally coalesced around destroying Johnson's governments and imposing Black suffrage. Had they accepted the amendment, there was a real possibility they would have been admitted back into the Union with no Black suffrage and former rebels still in power. Hell, you quote Johnson's own concerns, yet he also declared "the work of restoration" complete and, had he got his way, Stephens would have been seated.

You also commit a mistake by seeing the exclusion of rebels and the protection of Black civil rights as unrelated, even opposite, issues. Republicans wished to protect Black rights because they were their most steadfast allies and the key to excluding rebels; they wished to exclude rebels because they knew they would not treat Black citizens with justice. For Republicans, these goals were inexorably intertwined. Otherwise, the Federal government could have adopted a model of Reconstruction that like of Maryland and Missouri - extensive disenfranchisement to maintain power with small White Unionist populations and with no Black voters, for they were not enfranchised. Faced with the conditions in the South, the Republican response was initially only requiring them to afford Black citizens equality under the law. It was only after it was clear that they wouldn't that Republicans came to regard Black suffrage as a viable possibility. Otherwise, the first bill of the Congress would have been a measure disenfranchising rebels and saying nothing about civil rights - instead, it did the opposite, it protected civil rights while saying nothing about disenfranchisement.

Finally, the disabilities on the 14th amendment were mostly lifted in order to steal the thunder of the Liberal Republicans and deprive them of a cudgel for the upcoming elections, and them being lifted did not represent in and of itself an abandonment of civil rights. Have you heard of the Civil Rights Act of 1875? Passed after these measures, and being widely recognized as a measure that lost Republicans significant support in some areas. Likewise, the Republican Party did maintain the fight for the South for a few years. President Hayes had a significant stand-off with the Democratic Congres over the issue of Army funding, while the last gasp of Reconstruction occurred during the Benjamin Harrison administration, where several "Force Bills" to provide for enforcement of civil rights and Federal oversight of elections were proposed. The North could have done more, and by 1876 it had largely lost the will to fight, but it had fought for over 12 years for a just settlement of the war. You saying that they never even tried and never ever supported Black rights is, frankly, nonsensical.

How did they lose it?

There were no more slave catchers chasing runaways through northern towns, and requiring northerners to help them do it.

Northern farmers moving west no longer had to worry about having to compete with slave labour.

Internal improvements like the Pacific railroad were no longer held up be Southern obstruction.

Northern manufacturers got the tariff they wanted, so as not to be undersold by European imports.

Secession was as dead as mutton. Federal taxes were being paid and collected throughout the South, and Union troops there were not being fired upon.

So was slavery. The freedmen were a long way from equality, but still far better off than in 1861. Had you asked any Black in 1880, or even 1910, whether he'd prefer his grandfather's life as a slave back on the ol' plantation, and the answer might have frightened quite a few squirrels.

The North's war aims were achieved and they *stayed* achieved.
I simply don't understand how you can see a government passing laws to ensure equality under the law, Black suffrage, and Black civil rights, as part of a peace settlement, only to see those measures nullified by concerted terrorism and fraud, and declare that the government won. I repeat once again, if the only concern was to ensure free soil for the territories and the passage of railroad and tariffs bills, there was absolutely no need to overturn Johnson's governments and attempt to secure and enforce Black rights. This would all have been possible, heck, easier, just by accepting a loyal yet unreconstructed South. Was the Civil Rights Act of 1866 and that of 1875, the Ku Klux Klan Act, the 14th and 15th amendments, and all other Reconstruction measures passed just for shit and giggles? Why, to achieve your terms of peace, the North didn't even have to destroy slavery - free soil for the territories and lowering Southern representation would have sufficed. Likewise, I sincerely don't understand how you can say that the Black situation after Reconstruction was not worse than that during it. They certainly were better off than a slave, but they also remembered a time when Black people could vote and hold office and the State governments were on their side during labor disputes.

Bitterness still lingered over the federal government’s failure to distribute land or protect blacks’ civil and political rights. “The Yankees helped free us, so they say,” declared eighty-one-year old former slave Thomas Hall, “but they let us be put back in slavery again.” Yet coupled with this disillusionment were proud, vivid recollections of a time when “the colored used to hold office.” Some pulled from their shelves dusty scrap-books of clippings from Reconstruction newspapers; others could still recount the names of local black leaders. “They made pretty fair officers,” remarked one elderly freedman; “I thought them was good times in the country,” said another. Younger blacks spoke of being taught by their parents “about the old times, mostly about the Reconstruction, and the Ku Klux.” “I know folks think the books tell the truth, but they shore don’t,” one eighty-eight-year old former slave told the WPA. 11 For some blacks, such memories helped to keep alive the aspirations of the Reconstruction era. “This here used to be a good county,” said Arkansas freedman Boston Blackwell, “but I tell you it sure is tough now. I think it’s wrong—exactly wrong that we can’t vote now.” “I does believe that the negro ought to be given more privileges in voting,” echoed Taby Jones, born a slave in South Carolina in 1850, “because they went through the reconstruction period with banners flying.”

Just see at how Black circumstances changed as a result of the so-called "Redemption." Taxation turned regressive, as the new States lightly taxed planters while demanding all sorts of taxes, excises, and patents on laborers and farmers. The Reconstruction-era lien crop laws, which secured first payment for the laborers, were similarly reversed, resulting in first lien for the landowners. Democrats destroyed the South Carolina land commission, depriving many Black farmers of their land, and dismantled the public education systems Republicans had created, affecting Black people disproportionately. Vagrancy, anti-enticement, and prison labor laws became commonplace, limiting Black rights and opportunities. And they all were faced by hostile all White sheriffs, judges, and juries, all but ensuring that injustice would be dealt and that they would have no recourse against White oppression. There's a reason why the 1890-1920 era is called the "Nadir" - because things were better before. Ask a Black person in 1920 if he'd rather have his grandfather's place as a slave. He'd say no. Now ask him if he wanted Reconstruction, an era of Black rights and Federal enforcement that still lived on Black popular memory, and he'd say yes.

Haven't been active for a few days on AH.com and came back to this masterpiece. Subscribed!
Thank you! Glad to have you on board!

I don't know what you mean by "something incredible". The North had achieved *everything* of real importance to it. That is surely demonstrated by the fact that over seventy years elapsed before anything further happened iro Black rights. Had the issue *mattered*, something would have been done far sooner than that. The issue was not pursued because in northern eyes it was not worth pursuing.

Once they had seen that the ex-Rebs had indeed accepted reunion, and there was no need to exclude them from power in the South, radical reconstruction became essentially purposeless. Other things being equal, no doubt the Republicans would have liked to have a few Southern electoral votes, but they didn't need them, and public fatigue with the "autumnal outbreaks in the South" was endangering their northern power base,

Nor am I sure what you mean by "gave it away". Nine of the eleven rebel states had already been "redeemed" even *before* the last troops left the South. They left because they weren't achieving anything. Indeed, Hayes made a smart move, getting the Southern Democrats to pay a price (accepting his accession to the Presidency) for something they could soon have had for nothing.
It is true that Northerners had abandoned the effort, deserting Black Americans, but it isn't true as you claim that they never cared or that it was never regarded as an important thing. And I don't know what to say to you if you don't see a South where Black people were voting freely and holding office and having real hopes of a better future as "something incredible."

there really wasn't a huge drop-off from 1870 to 1890 in terms of the freedom they experienced.
There was, as I explained a few messages ago. Ask yourself, if there was no substantial difference between Republican rule with Black votes in 1870 and Democratic rule with Jim Crow in 1890, why engage in a systematic campaign of terror to topple Reconstruction? There was a real difference.

Even ignoring the probable (evident I dare say) fact that you haven't read the first part of the TL, I must say that to dismiss land redistribution like that is foolish. While most Republicans, including Lincoln, were wary of large scale land redistribution, they included the option in their Confiscation Acts, approved of Sherman's Forty Acres and a Mule orders, and there was a significative lobby in its favor. You don't seem to realize how fundamentally Johnson shifted the political debate in a conservative direction - due to the need for compromise, most radical measures had to be dropped. For example, the original Freedman's Bureau bill Johnson vetoed included provisions for further confiscation, allowed Black people to hold the "Shermanland" farms under a "possessory" title for three years, and made the Bureau permanent. All this was killed by Johnson's veto, because Republicans did not have enough votes to apply these radical measures over his veto. Indeed, several generals had already started to settle freedmen, and General Howard, the head of the Bureau, ordered in his circular 13 to set aside 40 acres for Black families and insisted that Johnson's pardons did not restore already distributed land. Johnson had to overrule him. All that is needed for land redistribution is less desire to conciliate the planters, and stronger sympathy for the freedmen. Something not imposible to envision.

The first chapter of a new era is dawning in the USA and on the world.
A new and better era, indeed! Thanks for your comment!

I am SOO excited for this. As much as I liked the last thread, politics and economics are more my thing.

I cackled when I read this. Seeing those traitors get what they deserve brings a tear to my eye. It’s a travesty that, for the crime of literal treason, they received no punishment IOTL.
Certainly, they are more my thing as well :D And yes, it's infuriating how IOTL they received no punishment yet bitched and moaned for decades about the supposed cruelty of Reconstruction. At least men like Hampton and Early won't be around to spread their lies - they are hanging together instead!

Last edited:
I wanted the question to be ambiguous in-universe, as well, since it would be a pretty crucial for interpreting Lee. So there is no firm answer on my part either.
For what it’s worth, my suspicion is that he would have backed the junta. He was a Virginian “nationalist” at heart judging by the decisions he made IOTL and definitely a firm racist; Breckinridge from that perspective was “selling out the cause” of slavery and Virginia stronk near the end, and so Toombs and his gang of idiots would have been the right horse to back.

EDIT: not to mention that I always took Lee as a bit of a political coward? He wouldn’t have made the brave but correct decision to stand up to the new status quo of the junta.

Last edited:
There was, as I explained a few messages ago. Ask yourself, if there was no substantial difference between Republican rule with Black votes in 1870 and Democratic rule with Jim Crow in 1890, why engage in a systematic campaign of terror to topple Reconstruction? There was a real difference.
That's why I used the Frank Robinson example, a superstar who was given away for absolutely nothing or almost that. So I said that they did have something substantial in voting rights and officeholders.

His point about the fact most were still sharecroppers is valid in that the right to vote and black office holders in 1870 had not totally helped them rise to a level where they could vote themselves out of these conditions. That, however, is simply an example of why Frederick Douglass said that for true equality to exist, Black people needed equality on 3 levels, political, economic, and social.

I agree that they had the first. The last was slowly changing.

The second was something that needed a consistent government that would vote for measures which would decrease planter power and increase black rights and economic ability. They didn't have time to cement that.

TTL, the second will be easier because the planter class has been devastated much more thoroughly. He and I have disagreements about how easily it could have happened or whether it could have happened at all in OTL, but those are not related to TTL anyway.

But if he is arguing that political was not achieved in 1870 then I'm as confused as you.

c
The second was something that needed a consistent government that would vote for measures which would decrease planter power
Why did they need to decrease it?

Many planters were old Whigs and had either opposed secession or accepted it only with reluctance. Quite a few became Republicans during Reconstruction, notably James L Alcorn, the first Republican Governor of Mississippi. If anything they were *easier* to reconcile than their smaller neighbours.
I repeat once again, if the only concern was to ensure free soil for the territories and the passage of railroad and tariffs bills, there was absolutely no need to overturn Johnson's governments and attempt to secure and enforce Black rights. This would all have been possible, heck, easier, just by accepting a loyal yet unreconstructed South.

Because they did not see it as loyal.

The election of a whole slew of high ranking Rebs naturally raised doubts about this, to the point that even Andrew Johnson expressed concern. In fact they needn't have worried, as even the ex-Rebs had accepted reunion and were no longer a menace, but naturally this took time to become clear.

Why did they need to decrease it?

Many planters were old Whigs and had either opposed secession or accepted it only with reluctance. Quite a few became Republicans during Reconstruction, notably James L Alcorn, the first Republican Governor of Mississippi. If anything they were *easier* to reconcile than their smaller neighbours.
Care to elaborate on your statements on the Planters and how it was not them who you say were the most "guilty" class per se during Secession and the subsequent Civil War (that dubious honor falling to the "small slaveholders" in your opinion)? Though even if they weren't, the slavocratic nature of the Confederacy and their actions towards their chattel did make them the most obvious targets for "who to blame for this recent mess", especially with the junta here.

Last edited:
Sorry, but has old mate here actually read the first part of the timeline? Because if he hasn't, and I also have my doubts, then this whole discussion is just a massive derail.

Sorry, but has old mate here actually read the first part of the timeline? Because if he hasn't, and I also have my doubts, then this whole discussion is just a massive derail.
Honestly, I think Red should make a summary of the first part of the TL for new readers to avoid anything like this.

I don't think so.
Honestly, I think Red should make a summary of the first part of the TL for new readers to avoid anything like this.
Perhaps, but I still think he's out of line. It's become clear that he's missing context and he's not taking the time to seek it out despite being pointed by several people towards it.

@Mikestone8 There's an entire TL justifying and explaining every single thing you're complaining about in this TL. Until Every Drop of Blood Is Paid: A More Radical American Civil War . Before you start complaining about this part, consider that Red took the the time to essentially write a full length prologue to the TL he actually wanted to write, which is this one.

Do him the courtesy of at least skimming the previous one before coming at him.

Edit: Changed link to reader mode.

Last edited: