The XK-BAM map series

did you even see what i said about Portucale-

basically, it was Portucale at the time; it wouldn't become Portugal until around when it gained independence.

Also, if this map is from January of 1000 AD, then Bulgaria should still own the north of modern-day Bulgaria, according to someone I asked about the map.
Would you mind saying which server? I’m using the Ollie Bye Discord server for my information.

Would you mind saying which server? I’m using the Ollie Bye Discord server for my information.
Voltaire's Nightmare - an EU4 mod which goes from 1054 to 1871(?) - it's only Europe and the surrounding area, but it is highly accurate, so I trust the members there with their historical knowledge - as for Portucale, that's just something I've known for a while, and is almost definitely correct, considering Voltaire's Nightmare names it as such in the 1054 startdate.

Voltaire's Nightmare - an EU4 mod which goes from 1054 to 1871(?) - it's only Europe and the surrounding area, but it is highly accurate, so I trust the members there with their historical knowledge - as for Portucale, that's just something I've known for a while, and is almost definitely correct, considering Voltaire's Nightmare names it as such in the 1054 startdate.
Interesting. As I stated earlier, I’m using the Ollie Bye server to get much of my info, so our sources may be different.

Also heard before that the border between Bulgaria and Byzantium!Rome fluctuated a lot in the Middle Ages, which would make producing a map of a certain time period difficult.

I’ll go research the borders at the time.

Interesting. As I stated earlier, I’m using the Ollie Bye server to get much of my info, so our sources may be different.

Also heard before that the border between Bulgaria and Byzantium!Rome fluctuated a lot in the Middle Ages, which would make producing a map of a certain time period difficult.

Got it- and remember to rename Portugal to Portucale.

well, the rest of the map is labelled in modern english, so portucale being labelled portugal should be fine? unless its common practice to call it portucale?
Spanish and Portuguese wikipedias use Portucale exclusively, while English wikipedia uses both Portugal and Portucale. It's very fuzzy it seems.

I looked into it more. Portucale was a Latin name for the region during this time.
Around this time, its official name would’ve been Condado Portucalense.

could i get an invite to Ollie Bye's server, actually? I need people who know what they're on about to help with my fractured world map.

0B022F71-D49F-4EDB-9E3C-61FDF8334E2B.png

Updated.