The XK-BAM map series

1633592836675.png

Panas (Philippines) in 1836, because this I found this really good video on it

1634193097159.png

Full 1836 map progress so far (added Hungarian counties)
To highlight my process for the Hungarian counties as an example, I used maps from ~1780 and ~1880, and then researched the changes between those maps.

View attachment 1634822381180.png
A "patch" (well, maybe not actually a patch) of all OTL 2021 French territories (except for French Antarctica). Slots nicely over the 8K-BAM map (if it doesn't for some reason, the blob in the middle is mainland France and Corsica.

Spots where the solid line breaks off into dots (as in multiple dots) are major landmasses like the Americas or the Indonesian Archipelago.

Why does the 8K has complete administrative divisions to all European countries except Romania and North Macedonia?
I don't know about North Macedonia, considering most of its internal borders are simply miscolored, but for Romania I can say for certain it's representation on the map is too small to look like anything but a grey blotch, if its smallest administrative units were to be drawn. Consider that the country goes straight from counties to communes, 2686 in total, without passing through municipalities as far as its internal structure is concerned.