Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No write up this time, but an overdue sequel to a scenario I first posted a few years ago in one of the old threads.

Joint-Premiers-as-of-2021.png
Cabinet-as-of-2021.png

aghast.png

'02 under instant-runoff voting rather than the two-round system.
Despite a shock third-place finish in the first round, left-wing next-preferences are quick to coalesce around Jospin and prevent the "Crook versus Fascist" debacle of OTL.
The end result turns out to be the closest rather than the most lopsided election in French history, with the strong economy being only just enough to merit Chirac re-election.
Mildly plausible, take it as you will.

v7eMrOq7H26lT2KD2M0ORTiQFtQaJk1UHKYYFdrkFhrc1XB7ECI3Y9CxXw0AY64-pwge_SeQq59CHa4-0l3PjZKPt7acKkWYFj7npMVl17HnlEiJ7ZkWxOQJP_9Cu4l6tXCnGVBS

H_bjsxbrj4AxyKBf9c8KIfLKe5-tCL2JtklLjlNtScGDnKKkC3ixYrT1H_Mpv3J5TxD44a-uouLuBVcyyCkqE85XvlPFkMc74rXFq5eHmDc6_C8IZsKbTCyLt_V3uPbI5iZhwmTj

7FwgO-8LQXqMe8M3OrxABnH2f4tB_KW2KDMRwpt-NWw8BXlIRax_YdAtmR6N7CGYwzZGG1N4S27Zday8yXMZRbOMFOC54vayuHGb43jSOk6NrZCdwMKsz3Lvx-WO0foYgC44aWFO

This is my first wikibox so needless to say it's rough and there's a lot of (welcomed) criticism. Here's a TL idea that I'm currently writing so please enjoy and feel free to criticize any aspect of it.

v7eMrOq7H26lT2KD2M0ORTiQFtQaJk1UHKYYFdrkFhrc1XB7ECI3Y9CxXw0AY64-pwge_SeQq59CHa4-0l3PjZKPt7acKkWYFj7npMVl17HnlEiJ7ZkWxOQJP_9Cu4l6tXCnGVBS

H_bjsxbrj4AxyKBf9c8KIfLKe5-tCL2JtklLjlNtScGDnKKkC3ixYrT1H_Mpv3J5TxD44a-uouLuBVcyyCkqE85XvlPFkMc74rXFq5eHmDc6_C8IZsKbTCyLt_V3uPbI5iZhwmTj

7FwgO-8LQXqMe8M3OrxABnH2f4tB_KW2KDMRwpt-NWw8BXlIRax_YdAtmR6N7CGYwzZGG1N4S27Zday8yXMZRbOMFOC54vayuHGb43jSOk6NrZCdwMKsz3Lvx-WO0foYgC44aWFO

This is my first wikibox so needless to say it's rough and there's a lot of (welcomed) criticism. Here's a TL idea that I'm currently writing so please enjoy and feel free to criticize any aspect of it.
Is Kurdistan made of only Iranian Kurdistan or also Iraqi Kurdistan?

Is Kurdistan made of only Iranian Kurdistan or also Iraqi Kurdistan?
As of the end of the Iranian-American War Iranian Kurdistan makes up TTL’s independent Kurdistan which’ll become the source of the diplomatic breakdown of Iraqi-American relations after the war.

Last edited:
I'm working on a wikibox that is unfortunately too big to fit on my screen. What should I do?

Screenshot the individual sections. I believe photoshop or something similar would allow you to then combine them into something that you can then post as a single piece, although you'd have to confirm that with someone else.

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 17.28.52.png

Screen Shot 2021-12-04 at 16.58.16.png

Blair's Assassination - Two Infoboxes in one post!

- The Eddisbury by-election speaks for itself, unfortunately I coudln't find a good photo of Margaret Hanson without a watermark.
- The general election is effectively the same as our TL, except that Labour loses a couple more seats in the South, mainly to the Liberal Democrats.
- Made sure to eliminate zombie Blair :p

Previously:
Prescott Infobox (ft. Zombie Blair)

Last edited:

Deleted member 139407

If everyone died how is there a Wikipedia article
Well, in 1983: Doomsday, humanity did not die out! In fact, the world post-Doomsday is vast and growing (albeit, depending on where you are). I've linked the althistory wiki article here. EDIT: Take a gander and let it fill you with hope that humanity is continuing to grow and rebuild in this alternate world!

Last edited by a moderator:
reKfRy8.png

Patagonia, officially the Republic of Patagonia, is a country in the southern half of South Columbus. It is the largest Spanglish speaking country in the world. It is bordered by Trinidad to the west, it is also bordered to it's north and east by the countries of Jefferson and Virginia. To it's south and east lies the vast Magellan Ocean. Patagonia claims a significant portion of Antarctica, the Caroline Islands and the Isle of Cornwallis, though the latter is subject to controversy with it's relationship with the British Emirate.

The country has its roots in Spanish colonization of the region during the 16th century. Patagonia emerged as a nation following the collapse of the Revolution of '77 in North America and Spain's friendly attitudes towards American settlers, offering a large scale population exchange in order to appease british sensibilities during the "Brief Brotherhood" period in Anglo-Spanish relations, following their mutual hatred of Prussian domination of European affairs during the Bismarkian and subsequent Fuslarian wars agaisnt the Republic of the Ottomans in the late 18th to early 19th centuries. Following a swift collapse of the Spanish mainland with Fuslar's Iberian Campaigns in 1786, citizens overthrew the Viceroyalty of the Río and formally declared the Republic of Patagonia on 10 February 1783. With the end of the Ottoman invasions of Europe, Spain attempted to re-establish the Viceroyalty, sparking the Patagonian War of Independence, though was unsuccessful in it's attempt and accepted the independence of Patagonia in 1788.

Following Independence, Patagonia underwent various government changes and societal changes throughout the next century. The largest of these was the eruption over slavery, which ended with Prime Minister Jefferson Diego firmly enshrine the "institution" into the Constitution, albeit at the cost of all political power for the ruling Awake Patagonia party. The country was then ruled by the Constructionist party and it's various aligned factions until the Revolution of 1912. This bloodless revolution saw the election of the first indigenous president and the first real attempt at equalization of the then unfair society of Patagonia. However, with such progress fueled themselves a fierce reactionary backlash, which saw President Juan Sharp Williams elected President, taking the country into the First World War and cementing itself as a world power.

Society was divided along racial lines during the late 19th century, known as the 'Dividr' or Partition. The majority Blanco population was awarded large benefits and progress in government, politics and many aspects of normal life. The minority native population was treated as second class citizens, though this was brought about following the Abolition of Slavery by Juan Sharp Williams in the 1919 Amendment to the National Charter. Racism during this era was commonplace , with numerous crimes being committed in what is referred to as the Nadir of Patagonian race relations by modern historians. The country was a member of the Central Powers during the Second World War, subsequently undergoing the Revolution of '44 which forced the resignation of then Prime Minister Benjamin Mussolini. However, the ruling class of Constructionists still held a grip onto power with poll taxes and political gerrymandering, with his replacement Prime Minister and military General George Videla not resigning until 1962, and his successor of Lyndon Bartolome Johnson remaining in power until the violent 1994 Revolution which saw restoration of a two party rule. The country has remained relatively stable since the end of the Constructionist dominant party state, though it still suffers from income inequality among the white majority and native minority populations, which remain a source of contention for modern day race relations.

Patagonia is a developing country that is high in the Human Development Index, the third-highest in South Columbus after Douglas and Fillmore. It is a regional power within the continent and is the second country after Jefferson to have a significant nuclear arsenal, which is the cause of contention with it's neighbors and the international community as a whole. It is a founding member of the League of Nations, Comintern, the W-11 and E25. It's relationship with the British Emirate is relatively poor, especially with the disputed Isle of Cornwallis (known in Patagonia as the Cook Island chain).

Status
Not open for further replies.