Map Thread XX

Status
Not open for further replies.
They probably attacked when every member of every armed forces of NATO had took a vacation as it's the only rational answer on why late 80's Red Army had got this kind of perfomance...hell even the seven days scenario was the wildly optimistic one; 36 hours it mean that the Warsaw Pact forces don't found any resistance

Not to mention the use of WMDs wasn't an optional extra: using nukes in case conventional forces couldn't stop the Soviet forces was in-place US military strategy, while the use of gas and tactical nukes was a part of Soviet war plans from the start.

Somehow this (right after Thanksgiving) puts me in a @Faeelin - esque mood. Stop breaking my country into teeny bits on the least excuse, you gol-durn AH whippersnappers! :biggrin:

(And don't point out other country-screws: France is rarely broken down to the individual traditional provinces, after all.)

AHC: French federation whose units are the natural regions

The original 13 united states of France. :p

Original13.PNG

Does Aunis have a "Reserve Orientale" (lol)
Most likely, in some TLs! But this is one of the unfortunate ones, in which the convention constitutionnelle goes wrong, the 13 states each go their own way, and most of what might have been France is divided up between Spaniards, Italians, Germans, Provençals, and Walloons, not to mention the savage Parisians. :)

Some maps from my Duke of Wellington SI:-
1. British Movement in Iberia:-
a.png

Total Allied Movement in Iberia:-
b.png

Ottoman Invasion of French Illyria:-
II.png

Anyone here remember that map where the United States of America and a 'United States of Earth' exist in a sort of one country, two-systems where the President of the U.S.A. is also the President of the U.S.E., or something along those lines?

Part II: The Japanese colonization of Midori-Higashikuroshio (Part I)
The Japanese have sent their ships drifting through the oceanic currents that carried thousands of Kirishitans[1] and converted Catholics as with the continuous waves of persecution caused by uproar back home when they placed the European influence into doubt and into possible question as they continued trading with the Europeans. Throughout the years, the Kirishitans have made their way into the unknown continent of which is destined into the Northwestern region[2] as the brave captains and sailors have been trying to catch the gushing wind current[3] that pushed further eastward, drifting further away from the homeland they lived there before. But suddenly things have gone far wrong...

The groups of ships carrying thousands of passengers and soldiers with refugees have been sailing into an unknown location when it was picked up by a strange current that sailed them into the southeastern direction, only escaping from frequent dangerous storms and treacherous waves but something far more curious when they found a mysterious terrain ranges from the ships as the sun rises on the horizon. Only one captain would know they would wake them up and witness the event that led to

fleets passing through the Kyowan Bay[4]. In the hours later, they disembarked them and set foot on the soil have start their colonization efforts. Thousands of Kirishitan refugees and peasants have been showing up throughout the years but the first days and months weren't easy, it is relatively bad for them especially the descendants. By 1620, the colony has been experiencing an ever-expanding growth with the government promoting the colony when thousands of fisherfolks have been migrated to catch the strange and unfamiliar fish while others have been searching for strange food crops, although it would soon come into contact with the Spanish counterparts[5] centuries later.

Kyowan was a small town adjoining with the fisherfolk village and Kirisutian town with large inhabitants has been upgraded into a large colonial capital with hundreds of settlers who were refugees and converts are now with those who come from Japan and parts of Asia. The name was in etymology was Kyo means east and Wan means bay, it combined into Kyo-Wan or Kyo-Wan-To which means "Eastern Bay/Eastern Bay Capital". There were some names that took from the Christian saints and possibly names of native tribes due to the increasing population of the settlement but the problem was an actual underpopulation prior to the discovery of gold[6].

Within years but few centuries, the colony had been expanded rapidly by population growth which comprises of birthrate and immigration that came into conflicts between the Japanese and native tribes[7] but also the domains of the north which is dominated by the Buddhist-led Jourrikia but the colonial overlord managed to separate between the Catholic-dominated South with the Central Valley and pockets of settlements and the Buddhist-dominated Northern counterparts. By 1750, the Higashi-Midoria was the largest colony in territorial extent ranging from the coasts of OTL British Columbia into arid Southern California, next to New Spain.

There are possibilities that the colony might find a precious prize to enrich them, it is unknown whether anybody would find prospects for any a price of an important commodity to booster the future growth while traders and shoppers have been hearing a loud murmur of rumors from the distant lands of which is the New Netherlands is facing bloody unrest as the agitating populace and discontent are fuelling the desire for independence or fear of an uncertain future whether the colony could distance itself from Japan or not.
Published by the Duinkerken Atlas, 1892 A.D.

REFERENCES:

MimbJas.png

Not to mention the use of WMDs wasn't an optional extra: using nukes in case conventional forces couldn't stop the Soviet forces was in-place US military strategy, while the use of gas and tactical nukes was a part of Soviet war plans from the start.
As far as I understand it, isn’t it the case that the Soviet planners account for being struck first before greenlighting the use of tactical nuclear weapons? In what war plans are publicly available, like Seven Days to the Rhine River, the Soviet use of nuclear weapons in an operational capacity only comes after the stipulation that cities in Czechoslovakia and Poland were hit by nuclear strikes and the Warsaw Pact forces could not properly establish lines of supply to the Soviet Union. This is just my understanding of it though, maybe there are declassified war plans I haven’t seen yet detailing a first strike scenario?

As far as I understand it, isn’t it the case that the Soviet planners account for being struck first before greenlighting the use of tactical nuclear weapons? In what war plans are publicly available, like Seven Days to the Rhine River, the Soviet use of nuclear weapons in an operational capacity only comes after the stipulation that cities in Czechoslovakia and Poland were hit by nuclear strikes and the Warsaw Pact forces could not properly establish lines of supply to the Soviet Union. This is just my understanding of it though, maybe there are declassified war plans I haven’t seen yet detailing a first strike scenario?

That was a particular scenario, not a general plan. A little further digging indicates that support for first use of tactical weapons in a WWIII scenario varied over time, but it was definitely back on the table by the late 80s, for reasons outlined in this interesting little article: http://www.alternatewars.com/WW3/the_war_that_never_was.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.