These Fair Shores: The Commonwealth of New England

CalBear

Donor
Monthly Donor
I don't know what the ALO is? Just that it announced a "first birth" and that "both (presumably mother and child) would be monitored"?
"Celebrated author Ashley Fletcher." Stop with the self-plugging, please.
Stanley McChrystal was born at Ft. Leavenworth military hospital in Kansas. Other than that, I don't know much about his family, so they could have been New Englanders and not Americans.
Did you just tell the author of the T/L to stop self promoting IN THEIR OWN TIMELINE?

A response is required this question by 16:00 PDT on May 21, 2021. Lacking one will leave me to my own interpretations.

PNWKing

Banned
Warning
Did you just tell the author of the T/L to stop self promoting IN THEIR OWN TIMELINE?

A response is required this question by 16:00 PDT on May 21, 2021. Lacking one will leave me to my own interpretations.

I think I can explain. I thought it was a little egotistical.

Oh boy, America's getting uglier and uglier. Also, poor Texas. Was hoping to see a declaration of secession from them
This brings up an interesting question: did the Republic of Texas ever exist ITTL? Those borders would indicate so... If this is the case, I imagine they'll bolt in short order. (The Turtledove fan in me is reminded of how the state did just that in TL-191)

This brings up an interesting question: did the Republic of Texas ever exist ITTL? Those borders would indicate so... If this is the case, I imagine they'll bolt in short order. (The Turtledove fan in me is reminded of how the state did just that in TL-191)
I'd imagine so, but the coup in Texas dashed any "official" declaration of secession from the state government. I'd see a fair-sized insurgency there, as if Louisiana of all states doesn't like federal interference, then I'd doubt Texas would, either

PNWKing

Banned
Some interesting New England companies include:

• Colt Firearms-obviously useful for the New England military and police. (I feel like Colt sidearms would be standard-issue for police forces across New England.)
  • Scovill-mostly brass and other objects. Could be used by New England military, but also in times of peace, consumer goods like appliances.
  • Stanley Tool & Die Works-manufacturers of tools and dies for metal objects. Could be used by New England military. In times of peace, consumer goods such as tools for homeowners who want to DIY projects and for workmen across New England.
  • Stop n' Shop-grocery store chain.
  • Hannaford-Another grocery store chain.

One idea I had is that Stanley Tool & Die could also operate a chain of hardware stores. Kind of like a TTL New England equivalent of a Home Depot or Lowe's.

Monica Bartrop on Connectr: 28 May 2021
jWGfVGw.png
470wflh.png