Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes VI (Do Not Post Current Politics or Political Figures Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crossposting my Wikibox Contest entry:

View attachment 620509
The Mushroom Cup is a kart racing competition organized by the Agarican Motorsports Organization. First held in 1992, it is a series of four races between March and May every year. As of 2015 the courses run are Mushroom Kingdom Stadium, Water Park Splashway, Sweet Sweet Canyondome and Thwomp Raceway.

The series was established in 1992 as a gesture of goodwill and sportsmanship between the Mushroom Kingdom and the Koopa State. It was suggested by Princess Peach Toadstool that a kart race should be held in an attempt to thaw relations between the two nations following the Second Koopa-Mushroom War. Lord Doug Bowser, himself a karting fan, quickly agreed. While originally planned as a single race, it quickly took the shape of four races, two held in each nation. It was the first series in the eventual Global Karting League, which now comprises of participants from eight nations and territories.

The series has had nine different champions over its 29-year history. The most prominent is Mario Mario, winning fourteen championships throughout his career. His dominance has led to the Cup and the League as a whole being nicknamed "Mario Kart". His brother Luigi Mario has won twice, in 2001 and 2013. In 2005, Princess Toadstool became the first female winner of the Cup.

The 2011 Closing Ceremony was the target of Koopa-aligned Bob-ombs which killed 29 people. A memorial was set up outside Baby Park the following year. The 29th Mushroom Cup in 2020 was cancelled after one race due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Whoa! I want to know more about this! How's Mushroom Kingdom politics for instance?

Whoa! I want to know more about this! How's Mushroom Kingdom politics for instance?
You're opening Pandora's Box here, man.

649.jpg

I remember seeing a while back a post in which Joseph Lane became President and a Civil War broke out with northern states seceding from the Union. I believe it was made by Reagant, however, I can't find it despite a few months looking. Anyone who can help?

Deleted member 139407

I remember seeing a while back a post in which Joseph Lane became President and a Civil War broke out with northern states seceding from the Union. I believe it was made by Reagant, however, I can't find it despite a few months looking. Anyone who can help?
Similarly, I saw a wikibox where it was a list of Prime Ministers of the United States and I distinctly remember there being one Republican Prime Minister, and then Pete Buttigieg becoming Prime Minister later down the line serving non-consecutive terms. Another distinct detail was that the Communist Party was a consistent member of the Confidence and Supply. It's probably in Current Politics, but I thought I would say something in here.

Similarly, I saw a wikibox where it was a list of Prime Ministers of the United States and I distinctly remember there being one Republican Prime Minister, and then Pete Buttigieg becoming Prime Minister later down the line serving non-consecutive terms. Another distinct detail was that the Communist Party was a consistent member of the Confidence and Supply. It's probably in Current Politics, but I thought I would say something in here.
I think that's here.

Well my initial idea was that Peach was an elected monarch, I quite like that idea so I might expand on it. God now I'm imagining Toads in business suits debating on the floor of the senate. Imagine that screeching voice debating an infrastructure bill, whew.

I have ideas for more of this world though, so hopefully I can answer some burning questions soon!

vhguXPM.png
The United States political scene has, largely since the establishment of political parties, been largely controlled (though not totally) by two large parties. While in the begining there were numerous political camps comprised of varying competing factions, by the time of the 1797-98 Presidential election, two parties emerged. These were the Anarchists and the Federalists. The anarchist factions garnered much of their initial backing with the merchants and businessmen of the northeastern states, buoyed by their promises of "Stable Governance".

They also reached out to many within the large cities, with President Washington able to effectively mobilize his voting base in a mass drive for "popular democracy" Of no small note is the inclusion of previously excluded women, initially taking inspiration from the women bread rioters within the bloody events in Paris at the time. These women would be one of the first major political groups of the nation, championing causes such as education and social changes including the right to speak in public and eventually the right to run for public office.

The Anarchist Presidencies of John C. Calhoun and Davey Crockett championed the ideas of Individualism, arguing strongly against government intervention by the Federalist Party. It would be the shocking assassination of Crockett in 1865 that would lead to a woman being elevated to the position of commander in chief (Lucretia Mott).
However, it is after the election of Southern Unionist Andrew Johnson in 1867 that a period of stagnation for both political parties begins, known as the "Unbecoming". This was marked by Johnson's fierce opposition to southern Federalists and Anarchists, along with his forcible and brutal methods in reconstructing the American south. While Johnson was able to keep a stranglehold on political power, it would only last until his retirement after winning a second 7 year term of office. This gave rise to the "Bolters", members of the one party Southern Unionists that "bolted" to form a more left-leaning party based on rights for African Americans and fierce rhetoric against immigration. In order to avoid splitting the vote and handing the Federalists a victory, the Anarchists would quietly go unnoticed in at least major federal politics, not running (and winning) a presidential election from 1874 until the turn of the 20th Century.

It was then that the Anarchists sought revenge for the "far-left shift" that the Bolters had incurred on the nation (though most complaints and grievances were with the "southern way of life" in mind). They hoisted on President Benjamin Tillman, famous for his fiery speeches against political boss Grover Cleveland. In order to better appeal to a series of "stateless" anarchists that were more radical, the governor that pardoned members convicted in the assassination of Queen Victoria was nominated. The Tillman Presidency was a series of increasing attacks on former Bolters and a rise of anti-unionist sentiment, at least in the northeast. This attitude in favor of outright anarchy worked until the 1927 Big Sad, which saw the rejection of "hands off government" in favor of the Federalist policies of a working wage and minimal safety requirements.

The Anarchists would be at their lowest political power, shutoff completely from even one house of government, with the Federalist Trifecta occurring from 1930 landslide of Theodore Roosevelt until disagreements with President Tugwell and Vice President Wallace lead to the "Anarchist Revolution" of 1965, seeing the election of Anarchist Presidents Barry Goldwater for three terms and followed by Fritz Hollings until the turn of the 21st Century. Generally today, the Anarchist party enjoys high support among a base of urban whites, poor suburbanites and members of the anti gay community. They currently hold the Presidency and narrow control of both houses of Congress as of 2020.

The Federalist Party is the oldest political party still active in the United States, founded with supporters of the economic policy of the General Secretary of Monetary Ways and Means Alexander Hamilton. Initially a patchwork of various pro-british, mercantile interests, the Federalists would see initial support when George Washington announced his candidacy for the Federalists during the first "Partisan" election, the election of 1797-98. The Federalists would see opposition in the form of the Anarchist party, frequently fighting with them.

While initially the two parties could be described as "right wing to center-right", the Federalists over two hundred years, has decidedly shifted leftwards, helped with the Presidential administrations of Federalists Theodore Roosevelt and anti-interventionist leaning Arthur Vandenberg. They enjoy a strong-pro union political foundation, with their mainstays being members of the persecuted LGBT community, well to do residencies along the American coast and a large lock on the indian-american and mexican-american voting blocs which guarantee southern states such as Texas in Presidential elections, along with their traditional northeastern strongholds which have , with rare exception, consistently voted in favor of Federalist policies and politicians.

While the Federalist Party has had little luck on the Presidential level since the controversial incumbent Wayne Allen Root's 2007 election defeat to Florida Anarchist Governor Charlie Crist, they are rewarded with token presidents in the form of Shadow-Presidents. The currently serving Shadow President and Vice-President are the former Federalist Party nominees for the White House during their failed 2014 Presidential bid.

In case anyone wants to return the favor, I'm trying to find a parody wikibox that had ContraPoints as Secretary of Social Justice and Angela Davis as Secretary of State or something like that. It started a debate about Contra being enbyphobic (lol) and led to a mod intervening after.

In case anyone wants to return the favor, I'm trying to find a parody wikibox that had ContraPoints as Secretary of Social Justice and Angela Davis as Secretary of State or something like that. It started a debate about Contra being enbyphobic (lol) and led to a mod intervening after.
here.

vhguXPM.png
The United States political scene has, largely since the establishment of political parties, been largely controlled (though not totally) by two large parties. While in the begining there were numerous political camps comprised of varying competing factions, by the time of the 1797-98 Presidential election, two parties emerged. These were the Anarchists and the Federalists. The anarchist factions garnered much of their initial backing with the merchants and businessmen of the northeastern states, buoyed by their promises of "Stable Governance".

They also reached out to many within the large cities, with President Washington able to effectively mobilize his voting base in a mass drive for "popular democracy" Of no small note is the inclusion of previously excluded women, initially taking inspiration from the women bread rioters within the bloody events in Paris at the time. These women would be one of the first major political groups of the nation, championing causes such as education and social changes including the right to speak in public and eventually the right to run for public office.

The Anarchist Presidencies of John C. Calhoun and Davey Crockett championed the ideas of Individualism, arguing strongly against government intervention by the Federalist Party. It would be the shocking assassination of Crockett in 1865 that would lead to a woman being elevated to the position of commander in chief (Lucretia Mott).
However, it is after the election of Southern Unionist Andrew Johnson in 1867 that a period of stagnation for both political parties begins, known as the "Unbecoming". This was marked by Johnson's fierce opposition to southern Federalists and Anarchists, along with his forcible and brutal methods in reconstructing the American south. While Johnson was able to keep a stranglehold on political power, it would only last until his retirement after winning a second 7 year term of office. This gave rise to the "Bolters", members of the one party Southern Unionists that "bolted" to form a more left-leaning party based on rights for African Americans and fierce rhetoric against immigration. In order to avoid splitting the vote and handing the Federalists a victory, the Anarchists would quietly go unnoticed in at least major federal politics, not running (and winning) a presidential election from 1874 until the turn of the 20th Century.

It was then that the Anarchists sought revenge for the "far-left shift" that the Bolters had incurred on the nation (though most complaints and grievances were with the "southern way of life" in mind). They hoisted on President Benjamin Tillman, famous for his fiery speeches against political boss Grover Cleveland. In order to better appeal to a series of "stateless" anarchists that were more radical, the governor that pardoned members convicted in the assassination of Queen Victoria was nominated. The Tillman Presidency was a series of increasing attacks on former Bolters and a rise of anti-unionist sentiment, at least in the northeast. This attitude in favor of outright anarchy worked until the 1927 Big Sad, which saw the rejection of "hands off government" in favor of the Federalist policies of a working wage and minimal safety requirements.

The Anarchists would be at their lowest political power, shutoff completely from even one house of government, with the Federalist Trifecta occurring from 1930 landslide of Theodore Roosevelt until disagreements with President Tugwell and Vice President Wallace lead to the "Anarchist Revolution" of 1965, seeing the election of Anarchist Presidents Barry Goldwater for three terms and followed by Fritz Hollings until the turn of the 21st Century. Generally today, the Anarchist party enjoys high support among a base of urban whites, poor suburbanites and members of the anti gay community. They currently hold the Presidency and narrow control of both houses of Congress as of 2020.

The Federalist Party is the oldest political party still active in the United States, founded with supporters of the economic policy of the General Secretary of Monetary Ways and Means Alexander Hamilton. Initially a patchwork of various pro-british, mercantile interests, the Federalists would see initial support when George Washington announced his candidacy for the Federalists during the first "Partisan" election, the election of 1797-98. The Federalists would see opposition in the form of the Anarchist party, frequently fighting with them.

While initially the two parties could be described as "right wing to center-right", the Federalists over two hundred years, has decidedly shifted leftwards, helped with the Presidential administrations of Federalists Theodore Roosevelt and anti-interventionist leaning Arthur Vandenberg. They enjoy a strong-pro union political foundation, with their mainstays being members of the persecuted LGBT community, well to do residencies along the American coast and a large lock on the indian-american and mexican-american voting blocs which guarantee southern states such as Texas in Presidential elections, along with their traditional northeastern strongholds which have , with rare exception, consistently voted in favor of Federalist policies and politicians.

While the Federalist Party has had little luck on the Presidential level since the controversial incumbent Wayne Allen Root's 2007 election defeat to Florida Anarchist Governor Charlie Crist, they are rewarded with token presidents in the form of Shadow-Presidents. The currently serving Shadow President and Vice-President are the former Federalist Party nominees for the White House during their failed 2014 Presidential bid.
That's fun! I've occasionally wondered if the Anti-Federalists had stuck around instead of fading and being replaced by the Democratic-Republicans and this gives me those sorts of vibes. I'm curious about the Shadow-Presidents 🤔

Last edited:
A Different 1980

4 More Years
As election night began Americans flicked through the channels or turned their tuning knob to find their preferred news provider, most wanted to find results from TV coverage, some from Radio.

NBC News
John Chancellor: Good Evening and welcome to NBC News' coverage of the 1980 presidential election. Our team of correspondents, panelists, pollsters and commentators are assembled here in New York and around the country to see if Jimmy Carter will win re-election or if George Bush will make it to the Oval Office.

We've been polling around the country in the key states, NBC News and the Associated Press, and what we're learning in the key states is that makes us believe that Jimmy Carter will win an astounding re-election tonight, astounding, that's our belief at the moment based on polls in key states.

We can already say that in Kentucky NBC news can project that Jimmy Carter will win Kentucky, On our map we color Kentucky in Red for those watching in Color and Light Gray for those watching in Black & White...

ABC News
... We project that New Hampshire will be won by Mr. Bush, his first electoral votes on our board, and you can see on our graphic that New Hampshire goes into the Blue Column. Blue is Bush, that's why we picked blue. Although I suppose we could've also chose Cyan for Carter but there you go...

3VaPtRA.jpg

The NBC map as of 11pm EST

NBC News
... And if you look behind me and Mr. Brokaw you'll see that it is looking like a Jimmy Carter Map tonight, shown in Red.

Jessica Savitch: Its looking like a Carter inferno has ignited across the Country! *both laugh*

The election was a bloodbath. George Bush had lost the electoral college just before midnight and had already called to concede to Carter.

"We claim victory tonight, knowing that our team can take give us 4 more years, 4 more glorious years!"
- Jimmy Carter in his victory Speech, November 4th 1980

1980 Us Presidential Elections.png
Carter won 443 electoral votes and almost 10 million more votes than George Bush, he became the first democratic president to be re-elected since FDR. George Bush stayed under 100 electoral votes. While carter got 5 Million more votes than he did in 1976 Bush got about 5 million less votes than Geral Ford did. Republican turnout was low in key areas leading to a low turnout election. Carter was the first democrat to win White voters in over 20 years while Bush lost some suburban support

4VCgjLc.png
Presidential County map
Carter won massively in Appalachia for his support of Coal and shockingly won Alaska due to increased Oil exploration. He won every county in Hawaii, Georgia and West Virginia and won a majority of Counties, as he did in 1976.

1980 Us Senate Elections.png

1980 House Elections.png

Screenshot 2021-01-29 123605.png
The congressional elections resulted in another Democratic Trifecta with substantial gains. A race that could not be called for Months was the South Dakotan senate Election which was the campaign for Liberal senator and former presidential candidate George McGovern to be re-elected

South Dakota Senate Election 1980.png
McGovern was finally decleared the Victor with a measly 5 vote margin after challenge after challenge. James Abdnor claimed that corruption was behind McGovern's win and contested the election for years after, never truly accepting the victory. The victory was most remarkable considering McGovern outran Jimmy Carter in South Dakota despite being to the Left of him. He cemented himself as a political player for the next 6 years

For Carter, with a massive mandate he was well and truly to be the president for the 80s and he was confident his agenda would play out over the next 4 years.

Thank you guys for the interest you've shown in my first attempt at a series, I will keep doing updates hopefully but I will not post every little event on here, I will do that on my main forum on another website when it comes to the 1984 elections and onwards I may post just the election results here aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.