As Dreamers Do: American Magic Redux

PNWKing

Banned
Is Cloris Leachman involved somehow? For that matter we need to find parts for Michelle Pfieffer, Ann Jillian, and Freddie Starr.

Is Cloris Leachman involved somehow? For that matter we need to find parts for Michelle Pfieffer, Ann Jillian, and Freddie Starr.
I was thinking of having Cloris voice Mrs. Which.

However for Meg Murry and the other two kids, I might need to create fictional actors for those roles.

Full disclosure, I have never read the book.

Last edited:
I was thinking of having Cloris voice Mrs. Which.

However for Meg Murry and the other two kids, I might need to create fictional actors for those roles.

Full disclosure, I have never read the book.
I would go for Gilda Radner as Mrs which and Meg Murry and the other two kids being some Belushi sisters

PNWKing

Banned
I can't think of good actors for Calvin or Charles. For some reason, I think that Fred Savage would be a good Charles and that Robby Benson could be Calvin.

A Wrinkle in Time (1982 Film)
A Wrinkle in Time
597945d1d0163592df70567bb6eb146d.jpg

Image above painted IOTL 2016 by Tiffany Turrill

Released on
March 5, 1982

Production Company
Famous Studios

Distributor
Universal Pictures

Directed by
Ralph Bakshi

Executive Producers
Walter Lantz
Al Brodax
Alex Lovy

Music
Giorgio Moroder

Story by
Tony Geiss
Judy Freudberg

Based on the book by
Madeline L'Engle

Editor
Jeffrey Patch

Notable staff members
Eric Goldberg
Mark Evanier
Tom Minton
Eddie Fitzgerald
John Lasseter
Art Vitello
Will Finn
Cliff Voorhees
Bob Jaques

Voices
Molly Ringwald as Meg Murry
Corey Feldman as Calvin O'Keefe
Sean Astin as Charles Wallace
Adam West as Dr. Jack Murry
John Vernon as The Man With Red Eyes
June Foray as the Happy Medium
Cloris Leachman as Mrs. Which
Hayley Mills as Mrs. Whatsit
Gilda Radner as Mrs. Who

Reaction
"Some three years ago, it looked like United Artists would give Disney a run for its money when they released The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. Of course, UA's cartoon department fell apart far quicker than it was put together. This year, Walter Lantz - yes, Walter Lantz, the father of Woody Woodpecker - would make a miraculous comeback with a much more mature project than his usual slapstick fare. Together with director Ralph Bakshi, Lantz's new film A Wrinkle in Time takes us on an out-of-this-world trip with three youngsters who must make a dangerous, cosmic journey to a wicked planet in order to reunite with their long lost father. Those who read the Madeline L'Engel book in their youth may bemoan the liberties taken in this film. But for everyone else, this film is gonna be talked about for years to come."
- Gene Shalit; The Today Show

"Last fall, the animation business was rocked by the Home Economics scandal, but Walter Lantz's newest picture A Wrinkle in Time proves the industry's resilience from controversy tenfold."
- Roger Ebert; The Chicago Sun-Times

A Wrinkle in Time
597945d1d0163592df70567bb6eb146d.jpg

Image above painted IOTL 2016 by Tiffany Turrill

Released on
March 5, 1982

Production Company
Famous Studios

Distributor
Universal Pictures

Directed by
Ralph Bakshi

Executive Producers
Walter Lantz
Al Brodax
Alex Lovy

Music
Giorgio Moroder

Story by
Tony Geiss
Judy Freudberg

Based on the book by
Madeline L'Engle

Editor
Jeffrey Patch

Notable staff members
Eric Goldberg
Mark Evanier
Tom Minton
Eddie Fitzgerald
John Lasseter
Art Vitello
Will Finn
Cliff Voorhees
Bob Jaques

Voices
Molly Ringwald as Meg Murry
Corey Feldman as Calvin O'Keefe
Sean Astin as Charles Wallace
Adam West as Dr. Jack Murry
John Vernon as The Man With Red Eyes
June Foray as the Happy Medium
Cloris Leachman as Mrs. Which
Hayley Mills as Mrs. Whatsit
Gilda Radner as Mrs. Who

Reaction
"Some three years ago, it looked like United Artists would give Disney a run for its money when they released The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe. Of course, UA's cartoon department fell apart far quicker than it was put together. This year, Walter Lantz - yes, Walter Lantz, the father of Woody Woodpecker - would make a miraculous comeback with a much more mature project than his usual slapstick fare. Together with director Ralph Bakshi, Lantz's new film A Wrinkle in Time takes us on an out-of-this-world trip with three youngsters who must make a dangerous, cosmic journey to a wicked planet in order to reunite with their long lost father. Those who read the Madeline L'Engel book in their youth may bemoan the liberties taken in this film. But for everyone else, this film is gonna be talked about for years to come."
- Gene Shalit; The Today Show

"Last fall, the animation business was rocked by the Home Economics scandal, but Walter Lantz's newest picture A Wrinkle in Time proves the industry's resilience from controversy tenfold."
- Roger Ebert; The Chicago Sun-Times
10 out of 10

John K Captured!
Excerpts from a Press Conference announcing John Kricfalusi's arrest
Held at Parker Center (LAPD Headquarters)
March 10, 1982

Griffin-Bell11.24.16-1024x738-1480177278.jpeg

Griffin Bell
Attorney General of the United States

"Good afternoon. I am honored to stand alongside Los Angeles County District Attorney Robert Philibosian, Robert S. Mueller III, Assistant United States Attorney for the Central District of California, as well as the State of California's Attorney General George Deukmejian."

"Yesterday, the FBI arrested 26 year old Canadian national Michael John Kricfalusi, charging him with three counts of bribery and five counts of child enticement."

"Mr. Kricfalusi was entrusted by his bosses with the privilege of using his talent to help the Hanna-Barbera cartoon studio build on its success as the standard bearer for quality family entertainment. Instead, Mr. Krifcalusi stands accused of using his creative gifts to circumvent the authority of the Screen Cartoonists Association of America and its Cartoon Czar's office."

Robert S. Mueller III
"Mr. Kricfalusi is also accused of giving monetary bribes to several members of the National Broadcasting Company's department of broadcast standards and practices. Three of NBC's censors are now in federal custody for accepting those bribes. This was the result of objections raised by the network over the content of the Eastland Girls episode titled 'Home Economics,' for which Kricfalusi is credited as the sole writer. In that episode, a young boy named Todd, who is depicted as being the same age as the main girls on the show, is clunked on the head with a baseball bat and dragged into the dormitory where the girls live and study. Todd is then shown donning a diaper and a baby bonnet while sitting on an oversized high chair and fed with a baby bottle. All of this is culmination of the home economics lesson being given by Mrs. Garrett, the housemother of the dormitory."

Bell
"Over a three and a half year span, Mr. Kricfalusi attempted to lure child actresses such as Mindy Feldman, Dana Plato, Molly Ringwald, Felice Shachter and Nancy McKeon to his residence for the purposes of committing obscene acts with minors. Because of the repeated attempts to entice these young ladies, Mr. Krifcfalusi is currently being held without bail."

"A trial date will be discussed at a later date. Now I am happy to answer any questions."​

So, mere hours before 2021 begins IOTL, we get both Walter Lantz's comeback AND John K. getting in the slammer? Consider me impressed and hopeful for what the future brings both here and now and then and there.

Excerpts from a Press Conference announcing John Kricfalusi's arrest
Held at Parker Center (LAPD Headquarters)
March 10, 1982

Griffin-Bell11.24.16-1024x738-1480177278.jpeg

Griffin Bell
Attorney General of the United States

"Good afternoon. I am honored to stand alongside Los Angeles County District Attorney Robert Philibosian, Robert S. Mueller III, Assistant United States Attorney for the Central District of California, as well as the State of California's Attorney General George Deukmejian."

"Yesterday, the FBI arrested 26 year old Canadian national Michael John Kricfalusi, charging him with three counts of bribery and five counts of child enticement."

"Mr. Kricfalusi was entrusted by his bosses with the privilege of using his talent to help the Hanna-Barbera cartoon studio build on its success as the standard bearer for quality family entertainment. Instead, Mr. Krifcalusi stands accused of using his creative gifts to circumvent the authority of the Screen Cartoonists Association of America and its Cartoon Czar's office."

Robert S. Mueller III
"Mr. Kricfalusi is also accused of giving monetary bribes to several members of the National Broadcasting Company's department of broadcast standards and practices. Three of NBC's censors are now in federal custody for accepting those bribes. This was the result of objections raised by the network over the content of the Eastland Girls episode titled 'Home Economics,' for which Kricfalusi is credited as the sole writer. In that episode, a young boy named Todd, who is depicted as being the same age as the main girls on the show, is clunked on the head with a baseball bat and dragged into the dormitory where the girls live and study. Todd is then shown donning a diaper and a baby bonnet while sitting on an oversized high chair and fed with a baby bottle. All of this is culmination of the home economics lesson being given by Mrs. Garrett, the housemother of the dormitory."

Bell
"Over a three and a half year span, Mr. Kricfalusi attempted to lure child actresses such as Mindy Feldman, Dana Plato, Molly Ringwald, Felice Shachter and Nancy McKeon to his residence for the purposes of committing obscene acts with minors. Because of the repeated attempts to entice these young ladies, Mr. Krifcfalusi is currently being held without bail."

"A trial date will be discussed at a later date. Now I am happy to answer any questions."​
Happy, Happy....Joy, Joy. The dumb bastard will never corrupt other people now.