Who should become the first president of new england?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rivercat893

Banned
I can't believe that I would actually prefer the Electoral Collage be retained ITTL. That just goes to show how screwed the US is.

Yay for Mishigama. Go democratic Native American state, go!

Yay for Louisiana. That's one way to have a House of Peers.

Now there is a "University of Borealia". That suggests that there are multiple states created from BNA.

I particularly like @The Professor's first Louisiana flag.
Well from the mere mentions of the Dominion of Canada in some chapters, it will definitely exist like OTL.

But Russia already controls Alaska. Who knows, Borelia could be the name for TTL's British Columbia or some other Canadian province.

I was imagining if it's sold to the UK/Canada/whoever down the line. It's not a given that a sold Aleyska would become Alaska ITTL, which is why I linked the site that said there were a bunch of names put forward for Alaska when it was sold IOTL.

Northstar

Looking at the laws, it seems likely that Louisiana won't be having a new source of slaves, so slavery is likely just going to fade away as the slaves grow older.
Whelp. That is one way to get rid of slavery.

What if Britain does with Canada/Borealia/Albionora what France did with Louisiana and send someone to be their king? Like one of the King's sons? That way Canada can be a proper Kingdom.

What if Britain does with Canada/Borealia/Albionora what France did with Louisiana and send someone to be their king? Like one of the King's sons? That way Canada can be a proper Kingdom.
Why would Britain do that? There's no reason to do it, if the British want Canada as a kingdom then they'll just add it to the current list of kingdoms the king already rules, no need to assign them their own monarch.

Rivercat893

Banned
Why would Britain do that? There's no reason to do it, if the British want Canada as a kingdom then they'll just add it to the current list of kingdoms the king already rules, no need to assign them their own monarch.
As mentioned before, we know that Canada will be a Dominion just by the mere mention of it in some of the chapters. Sarthaka has done a fantastic job of foreshadowing future events.

As mentioned before, we know that Canada will be a Dominion just by the mere mention of it in some of the chapters. Sarthaka has done a fantastic job of foreshadowing future events.
I know, I was just questioning why Abe thought the Brits would give the Canadians a king. Especially considering they already have one.

I know, I was just questioning why Abe thought the Brits would give the Canadians a king. Especially considering they already have one.

Yeah, Canada doesn't need one since they are under the domain of the British Empire.

Fair enough. Then why is Canada a Dominion when they could easily be a Kingdom?