A Thorn In The Rose: A War Of The Roses TL

He made that impression in VVO's chapters as a guy who doesn't fear open confrontation and someone who barely was convinced to give up Glamorgan.
Doesn't fear conflict= brave, =/= reckless.

And would anyone want to give up their inheritance to their enemy? And he agreed in the end and IIRC in one sitting soo.

Elizabeth comes with a fat dowry
Elizabeth would have a decent dowry but nothing of impressive. She is her father’s second daughter and York had a lot of kids, specially sons.
Suffolk will be likely fuming (or maybe not as Margaret is only two years younger than Elizabeth)

VVD0D95

Banned
Elizabeth would have a decent dowry but nothing of impressive. She is her father’s second daughter and York had a lot of kids, specially sons.
Suffolk will be likely fuming (or maybe not as Margaret is only two years younger than Elizabeth)

Fuming if indeed their betrothal was confirmed at this point, I've not been able to pinpoint when they were married exactly

Fuming if indeed their betrothal was confirmed at this point, I've not been able to pinpoint when they were married exactly
Wiki says sometime before feb 1458 so I'd place negotiations at 1456 and confirmation of betrothal at 1457. Anyways, it's an easily handwaved thing.

Wiki says sometime before feb 1458 so I'd place negotiations at 1456 and confirmation of betrothal at 1457. Anyways, it's an easily handwaved thing.
Margret is two years younger than Elizabeth, I guess who Suffolk will accept to wait (as Margaret would be legally marriageable in the second half of 1458 with consummation three years later)

VVD0D95

Banned
Why not just give him a son by Margaret then? Or give him a son by Isabel of Bourbon?

He doesn't want Poland-Screw and Max getting Burgundy would essentially lead to that AIUI. Tho I could be wrong.

Margaret is likely going to be married to Suffolk here if she's the stand in for her elder sister.

Margaret is likely going to be married to Suffolk here if she's the stand in for her elder sister.
Assuming York sees fit to marry her to him (he's so poor atm that marrying one of his daughters to him was IMO a screw up on York's part), that both of them stay alive to marry, that Margaret isn't widowed. There are a lot of factors at play, and you incharge of all of them 😋

VVD0D95

Banned
Assuming York sees fit to marry her to him (he's so poor atm that marrying one of his daughters to him was IMO a screw up on York's part), that both of them stay alive to marry, that Margaret isn't widowed. There are a lot of factors at play, and you incharge of all of them 😋

True enough though it would be seen as another peace initiative, ending the feud which York had with Suffolk's father.

True enough though it would be seen as another peace initiative, ending the feud which York had with Suffolk's father.
Possibly tho Norfolk's rivalry with Suffolk was much more serious AIUI than York's with Suffolk, so if one was to marry their daughter to Suffolk to end a rivalry, I'd recommend it to be a close relation of Norfolk . And atm he's not in a place to screw with either of them so it's not like one needs a peace initiative.

Not a fan of Max?

I like him as a person, but that's why as a patriot I wouldn't want him to get Burgundy since it bolstered Habsburg's importance and led to them taking over Bohemia and Hungary and supporting TO.

Why not just give him a son by Margaret then? Or give him a son by Isabel of Bourbon?

Idk if Margaret's married to Suffolk she cannot be Charles's wife, and York had other daughters to be married to Charles.

I like him as a person, but that's why as a patriot I wouldn't want him to get Burgundy since it bolstered Habsburg's importance and led to them taking over Bohemia and Hungary and supporting TO.

Idk if Margaret's married to Suffolk she cannot be Charles's wife, and York had other daughters to be married to Charles.
Assuming that she is married to Suffolk, and also assuming that Elizabeth marries Beaufort, and that Suffolk doesn't conveniently die.

Ursala of York exists and, if she survives can marry Charles.

Assuming that she is married to Suffolk, and also assuming that Elizabeth marries Beaufort, and that Suffolk doesn't conveniently die.

Ursala of York exists and, if she survives can marry Charles.

I think Suffolk-Margaret and Henry-Elizabeth marriage is the most likely outcome here.

Oh? You do not think both York's and Somerset's internal balking and Margaret (likely) speaking against it could convince Henry otherwise?

I think that York and Somerset would be kept in line by Henry long enough for marriage to happen, and as far as Margaret is concerned...if it's Rutland betrothed to Maggie B, she could plan to set him up against March and his father (not that she'd be succesful, but she could try it).

I think that York and Somerset would be kept in line by Henry long enough for marriage to happen, and as far as Margaret is concerned...if it's Rutland betrothed to Maggie B, she could plan to set him up against March and his father (not that she'd be succesful, but she could try it).
Never worked before.

Yeah, no.