Map Thread V

Status
Not open for further replies.
And a map. (Abdul's going to freak, though.)

Well, they are open for full view on my DeviantArt page, so it's really not that big of deal. ;) Oh and I lied - one of them isn't a map.

the Frankish and Byzantine empires unite and a new Roman empire is born.it will fight the calipahate in the biggest war ever seen.
Such grand maps! Beautiful! Lovely! Inspired!

And then this Gryphon chap comes in. Goodness, he's a bit cliche, isn't he? He should probably learn a lesson or two before he gets murdered in a dark alleyway by some cartophile.

Some sort of FH where we get the ever-typical Russia-vs.-EU war. For some reason, though the UK and Ireland have left the EU, English is still a primary language. (British education system suddenly gets competent and starts overwhelming the mainland education? Nah, that's too ASB. Probably, the author doesn't trust his poor German to complete that phrase.)

ATLEUmap.png

Wonderful maps all. Very interesting and I never get tired of seeing your maps, Highlander.

Now for one of mine. This one was a random thought I had while looking at the NYC and Philly metropolitan areas and after realizing that the NYC metropolitan area is more populous than New York State.

And thus, I present you, the Partition of New Jersey.

Partition_of_NJ.png

Wonderful maps all. Very interesting and I never get tired of seeing your maps, Highlander.

Now for one of mine. This one was a random thought I had while looking at the NYC and Philly metropolitan areas and after realizing that the NYC metropolitan area is more populous than New York State.

lol we New jerseyans would never yield to that kind of partition

I thought my Uber-Soviet map would get some attention... :D

The Frankish and Byzantine empires unite and a new Roman empire is born.it will fight the calipahate in the biggest war ever seen.

Portuguese Caliphate?

I think Thermo's gotten to you... :rolleyes:

EDIT: Oh, and here's a political map from the series of maps I've been posting recently.

F-Europe (Pol) with Text.png

Last edited:
OMG HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that you've done the partition of New Jersey...I am an advocate of South Jersey dumping everything north of a line from Trenton to Princeton over to Jersey Shore....

ACTUALLY..I like the disputed territory you've assigned/created..I believe those people over yonder have been polluted by North Jersey and I have to problem giving it away.

Oh yeah....the HOW DARE YOU part....giving south jersey to Pennsylvania or whatever name you gave it....

Feh..Bah...GAH!!!!!!

I grew up in PA...but love South Jersey..and am a firm supporter of its independence as a separate state :)

South Jersey...or like in the days of the Proprietors..West Jersey...

Kudos on the map for being geographically proper.

Crazy map time! Colors are kind of related- unfortunately I made the Balts and the Finns way too similar, apologies.

etheur2.png

Susano

Banned
Ah, another candidate for the western Pannonian plain. I see Hungarians and Romanians are just like on my map, though :D

...well, except the crazy ethnic exclaves everyhwere, that is! :D

And I see Swabian went the way of the Dodo, seeing how the other three German dialect groups becam eown languages (well, Thuringian/what we call Saxon these days, too, but Thuringia always was the smallest tribal duchy...)

...true, Catalan or Occidental would probably be a better nomer, as there is an aragonese language, IIRC (if only spoken by some 10k these days).

Occitan would be better, since catalans in that map would be a minority. Maybe in that TL the catalan counties never broke their bonds with the frankish empire and didn't develop an independent identity.

Actually, confusing Aragon and Catalonia is a very usual cliché (and it is somewhat justified since they were dynastically united for most of the Middle Ages), but it makes as much sense as confusing Scotland with England. Catalonia has a very distinct identity, while Aragon's identity is far more related to Castile, and aragonese is more related to the basque-romance dialects from which castilian evolved than to catalan.

Susano

Banned
Eh, Occidental and Catalan are a continuum, arent they? Well, all romance dialects are, ut those especially. So, its not really implausible at all that one instead of two (three, if you cont provencal as not being occidental) should come out of it. While the German (continental West Germanic) continuum has been broken into three (Franksuih, Saxon, Bavarian) instead of two (German, Dutch) languages here.

England for the English!

:eek::eek::eek:

Has a sei-well, no, not a seizure, just...something. That expresses that that is a very original and...good...map. I like, well, pretty much all of it. Far too often England ecompasses all of Wales and is in a union with Scotland and Ireland.

Status
Not open for further replies.