Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Partially because of the likely messed up state the mod is in because of the game update and partially because of how shit Kaiserreich runs on my laptop (I've been unable to get to my desktop for a few months now), I've been playing HoI4 with Equestria at War. The ponies are kinda cringe-inducing, but I tend to play griffons anyway.

I think people vastly overstate Robespierre as a liberal. The Committee of Public Safety was at the very least Collectivist democracy, rather than liberal; additionally, Robespierre's main base of support was the urban poor, who certainly were not liberal and in whose name he advocated for a variety of authoritarian measures. Sure, he later became much more authoritarian, and he was never a dictator, but it's outright wrong to say that he was a liberal and I can definitely see French leftists looking back to his regime.

I would definitely like to see a France rework to some degree. Britain really just needs fluff and a little polish, but France needs more. Especially differentiating the parties; I'd structure it like this:

Sorellians: Rural, quasifascist, socially conservative, antiziganist and antisemitic. Deep rivalries with other factions but especially the Anarchistes. The openly evil faction.

Avant-Garde: the "vanguardists"/neo-Bolsheviks, what are currently called the Jacobins. Favor, well, a Bolshevik platform with a command economy and a vanguard party. State atheist, run by disaffected intellectuals, military officers, and former Bolsheviks. Full of what were OTL Stalinist toadies, deep rivalry with the Sorellians and Anarchistes.

Travailleurs: Urban, industrial syndicalists, the traditional dominant party for the '20s and early '30s. Secular, democratic, in favor of limited state power.

Anarchistes: Weirdly dichotomous mass movement, popular among the youth, shades of a Nestor Makhno personality cult but Makhno doesn't want it to be that even as he uses his fame as an anarchist revolutionary to build political inertia. Idealistic, with many weird ideas, socially liberal, hate the Vanguardists and Sorellians due to Makhno's bad experiences with Lenin and the Sorellians being commie-nazis.

Each one has a lot of problems internally and externally that they need to work through. The authoritarians need to consolidate power before somebody throws them out, the Sorellians are working against a ticking time bomb that is their racist policies negatively affecting national stability, the vanguardists are deeply unpopular with most of the populace and only take power by parliamentary tricks, the democrats have to fix their economy and military and avoid traps like elected officers and mass militia, the Travailleurs have to get their base more politically active after years of complacency, and the Anarchistes have something like an identity crisis.

Avant-Garde: the "vanguardists"/neo-Bolsheviks, what are currently called the Jacobins. Favor, well, a Bolshevik platform with a command economy and a vanguard party. State atheist, run by disaffected intellectuals, military officers, and former Bolsheviks. Full of what were OTL Stalinist toadies, deep rivalry with the Sorellians and Anarchistes.
I'd definitely like to see as a flavour update the ability to have more Leninist leaders in French puppet states for when the Jacobins go full PCF, at the moment the choice to reembrace Leninism feels incredibly lackluster because it doesn't change the politics of the Internationale or even France very much.

I would definitely like to see a France rework to some degree. Britain really just needs fluff and a little polish, but France needs more. Especially differentiating the parties; I'd structure it like this:

Sorellians: Rural, quasifascist, socially conservative, antiziganist and antisemitic. Deep rivalries with other factions but especially the Anarchistes. The openly evil faction.

Travailleurs: Urban, industrial syndicalists, the traditional dominant party for the '20s and early '30s. Secular, democratic, in favor of limited state power.

Anarchistes: Weirdly dichotomous mass movement, popular among the youth, shades of a Nestor Makhno personality cult but Makhno doesn't want it to be that even as he uses his fame as an anarchist revolutionary to build political inertia. Idealistic, with many weird ideas, socially liberal, hate the Vanguardists and Sorellians due to Makhno's bad experiences with Lenin and the Sorellians being commie-nazis.

Each one has a lot of problems internally and externally that they need to work through. The authoritarians need to consolidate power before somebody throws them out, the Sorellians are working against a ticking time bomb that is their racist policies negatively affecting national stability, the vanguardists are deeply unpopular with most of the populace and only take power by parliamentary tricks, the democrats have to fix their economy and military and avoid traps like elected officers and mass militia, the Travailleurs have to get their base more politically active after years of complacency, and the Anarchistes have something like an identity crisis.
so who do you think is going to the election then and what would you think to be the fate of red France be?

Deleted member 107125

So how did Heinrich come to be king of Belorussia, and is there any historical basis for the Germans wanting a king of Belarus.
Not trying to be nitpicky, just curious.

Deleted member 107125

On the entente whats everyone opinion of national france? @Nivek your french how do you view national france?
National France is a crypto-dictatorship run by an unstable, colonial, junta and opposed by the Action Française and Bonapartiste dictatorship supportes. The democratic path is alright, though it is still fundamentally a colony under minority rule.
It should be a lot less stable.

Deleted member 107125

National France is a crypto-dictatorship run by an unstable, colonial, junta and opposed by the Action Française and Bonapartiste dictatorship supportes. The democratic path is alright, though it is still fundamentally a colony under minority rule.
It should be a lot less stable.
On that subject I have no idea how a monarchy could survive.

On the entente whats everyone opinion of national france? @Nivek your french how do you view national france?

I think it massively whitewashes how awful and dysfunctional it would be. Also there's no way they'd have the tools to support the navy that defected. In all likelihood they should be a German client state at best.

Hot take I know, but I thoroughly enjoy National France's gameplay. Politically I think they need an overhaul. But the struggle for manpower and De Gaulle Plan are military one of the best legacy content trees out there and interesting to me.

Man, I am so tired of Canada being a nigh-unbeatable superpower, not to mention Sand France.

The Entente's legacy status as a major world power is increasingly unrealistic and really annoys me when playing KR nations that interact with them.

Some people enjoy playing as Canada. KR shouldn't be a series of Syndie easy victories

If Kassierreich was realistic it would be ‘German Superpower Simulator’. The idea that it has to be completely realistic is just boring. Syndies would get stomped out immediately.

To counter everything I just said the smart thing for the Entente to do is to go all in in the USA to bring it to the fold. But that’s would ruin the balance of the ACW, so we don’t do that.

I'd have Lawrence's #1 priority being protecting British lives at any cost. Ergo, becoming a (hopefully temporary) dictator planning to stop a civil war, in the cards. Backing a Royalist coup, contrary to his priorities.

You can make an argument that in the world of Kassierreich the idea that a monarchy brings stability is still seen as a pretty wildly accepted idea, given the liberal democracy lost and monarchy won the Great War. To tie in with previous post the idea of UOB is very unrealistic, I’m assuming most of Britain is absurdly apathetic for the game events to happen

On the entente whats everyone opinion of national france? @Nyvis your french how do you view national france?
edit tagged the wrong person.

National France should be having a lot more domestic issues it needs to settle before it can think of returning to the Continent, to that extent I'm really excited about the rework that's supposed to be coming at some point for them.

National France should be having a lot more domestic issues it needs to settle before it can think of returning to the Continent, to that extent I'm really excited about the rework that's supposed to be coming at some point for them.
I’m excited as well, though I am rather disappointed the Bonaparte path is getting axed.

Does anybody know when Kaiserreich will be updated for the new version of the normal Hearts of Iron IV game?

I have finally bought Waking The Tiger for the normal game, and am looking forward to playing as Chairman Mao and his comrades in their struggle against Imperialism and Conservatism [in the form of the Nationalists] as well as the reworked Japan national focus tree...my plan is to preserve Japanese Democracy when I play as them. On the normal game do the USSR and USA ever declare war on each other during the later stages of the campaign?

y8k71wgduv341.png

I'm going for the Legacy of Lenin! A leak from Kaiserdux, exactly like the admin told me it would be.

TIME TO PLAY THE SONG!

Edit: Before anyone asks, I hate totalitarism, I am just excited since you know, communism have a strong rule of cool on it's ideology.

Last edited: