Mario Goes Hollywood: A Collaborative Timeline

Anyway, first major question on Mortal Kombat: Should it be rated R?
Could, Specially if we got all spectable for Fatalities...for me was Fine as was....depend, if you think you can do something unique with R, do it, Still for me the first movie was fine...even if hindsight some part were very weak...

Could, Specially if we got all spectable for Fatalities...for me was Fine as was....depend, if you think you can do something unique with R, do it, Still for me the first movie was fine...even if hindsight some part were very weak...
Was'nt Mortal Kombat rated M? or the rating for 17+? it would only make sense to have a movie based off an M game be rated R.

Was'nt Mortal Kombat rated M? or the rating for 17+? it would only make sense to have a movie based off an M game be rated R.
The Movie was PG-13, that might explain why was allowed to see it...Still with rated R you can got all spectacle with fatalities..and might be needed as SF movie already covered the martial art tournament side

I have no problem with the film being R or PG-13.

Computer Graphics is hard to explain, but my idea is using NEC hardware Sega already have experience for(they used NEC chips for the System 32 and the Model 1), each one is nice for 2d and 3D respectly, meaning they can use the software for it, and having a simpler GPU for 3d and gourard Shading means wonder for western developers.

Model 1 GPU was a fucking beast at the time...but was already obsolete when better microchip can integrated the function the 6Xfujitsu DSP use, meaning a better chip do the same work for less.

Well I can see how dumbing that into one chip might be costly, but I can't find any other gpu at the time that can do what we need for the Saturn at this point.

Well I can see how dumbing that into one chip might be costly, but I can't find any other gpu at the time that can do what we need for the Saturn at this point.
Searching Sega History...Maybe a RISC based chip could work, much like Sony, the GPU will be mostly for secondary purpose as the CPU take the workload, IIRC the VDP were all of Sega, so those can be done without Hitachi using nec chips instead...and avoiding the awful mess Saturn was.

Searching Sega History...Maybe a RISC based chip could work, much like Sony, the GPU will be mostly for secondary purpose as the CPU take the workload, IIRC the VDP were all of Sega, so those can be done without Hitachi using nec chips instead...and avoiding the awful mess Saturn was.

Okay then, how about the IBM PowerPC603 processor?

Okay then, how about the IBM PowerPC603 processor?
That is an amazing Chip,,,but too brand new, that was just released in 1994....iirc The Poweris more a CPU than a GPU....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R3000 I got it...This one is done by NEC too, and can be modify to work as a 3D Accelerator(The CPU will move 2D) and could ironically be a reverse of PS1, when able to match it in 3D but far better 2D too. This one can move VF2 easily.

That is an amazing Chip,,,but too brand new, that was just released in 1994....iirc The Poweris more a CPU than a GPU....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R3000 I got it...This one is done by NEC too, and can be modify to work as a 3D Accelerator(The CPU will move 2D) and could ironically be a reverse of PS1, when able to match it in 3D but far better 2D too. This one can move VF2 easily.

Perfect, this is old enough that developers won't peak on the tech till 98 while still doing enough to keep up with both the playstation and project ultra.

@Pyro @Megafighter3 what say you?

Perfect, this is old enough that developers won't peak on the tech till 98 while still doing enough to keep up with both the playstation and project ultra.

@Pyro @Megafighter3 what say you?
Much of Effects of PS1 was more software evolution, here the Saturn will benefits of those, specially Ultra come the market...of course, we could see the Ultra being more powerful as is the last one...still i can see all getting OTL console live till 2000-2001, respectly

Whatever works. I'm not a specs guy.
Thanks, i'm working with everything we've at hand, something make sense in context and is price affordable. Seems Saturn and PS1 will battle face to face, in a way developers have zero excuses for not multiplatform releases.

Something else? some more details for Snes-cd game or advancing toward movies?

Alright, so I'm gonna say that Mortal Kombat is getting an R rating. It's a gamble for the studio as video game movies have usually capped at PG-13 for Double Dragon and Street Fighter. Now, let's have a look-see at casting and characters.

Raiden - George Takei
Liu Kang - I'm fine with keeping Robin Shou.
Shang Tsung - Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa
Johnny Cage - I'm fine with Linden Ashby. I dunno, Brandon Lee's great but I dunno if he has the look of a Hollywood superstar.
Sonya Blade - No really, the cast for this movie isn't bad.
Kitana -
Kano - Trevor Goddard. Gotta keep Aussie Kano.
Scorpion -
Sub-Zero -
Reptile -
Goro -
Art Lean - Johnny's martial arts buddy.
Chan Kang - Liu's brother.
Jax Briggs - Michael Jai White
Master Boyd - Johnny's trainer
Outworld Emperor - Voiced by Frank Welker

Thanks, i'm working with everything we've at hand, something make sense in context and is price affordable. Seems Saturn and PS1 will battle face to face, in a way developers have zero excuses for not multiplatform releases.

I'm mostly focusing on movies. There is a change I didn't mention for 1994, which is that Mega Man 6 ported over the SNES. There's a lot of plans for next year to have a bunch of games remade and ported for the SNES and SNES-CD (Final Fantasy Origins I-III, Legend of Zelda I-II, Earthbound with Earthbound 2 heading for the SNES-CD, Sword of Mana for the SNES with a future port of Trials of Mana for the SNES-CD) plus Nintendo is in talks with Square to release a Zelda RPG Legend of Zelda: War of Gamelon.

future port of Trials of Mana for the SNES-CD)
Would not Trials be pure CD here? Secret/2 was intended to be CD after all...

plus Nintendo is in talks with Square to release a Zelda RPG Legend of Zelda: War of Gamelon.
Jejejejje...maybe something really good here.

I'm mostly focusing on movies
I know buddy and you make a terrific work...yet remember, we need games so can be adapted ;)

If there’s still a Batman Forever write-up coming here’s my two cents –

For Batman either Ethan Hawke or William Baldwin are the more plausible choices. With Schumacher still on board Billy Dee probably won’t return unless WB insists, Tommy Lee might keep it, he’d worked with Schumacher before. Russo was originally cast then dropped because of ageism once Keaton left, so either stick with Kidman or go with Robin Wright.

Anyone wanna see a cd port of the first 3 fire emblem games to snes-cd?