Mario Goes Hollywood: A Collaborative Timeline

Definitely! Is everyone ok with having John Clements and Ron Musker directing while having a hand picked member of the staff get Treasure Planet out by Spring 2003?
Depends how much Priority the Mario reboot have, if they're planning for the 10th Anniversary of the original movie, TP might be finished on Schedule if, planned earlier, them TP will be put in the backburner.

On the other Hand, TP development team, especially the Deep Canvas, could do wonders on a kirby movie, a lot of experience animating the deep space already

Depends how much Priority the Mario reboot have, if they're planning for the 10th Anniversary of the original movie, TP might be finished on Schedule if, planned earlier, them TP will be put in the backburner.

On the other Hand, TP development team, especially the Deep Canvas, could do wonders on a kirby movie, a lot of experience animating the deep space already
For Kirby, I actually planned to have Atlantis's team in charge of that. As for Mario, it would be out in theaters to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the first SMB game.

For Kirby, I actually planned to have Atlantis's team in charge of that. As for Mario, it would be out in theaters to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the first SMB game.
Umm I see, still a good team and would do wonders with Kirby, if Mario Reboot is for 2005, Treasure Planet would be released as Schedule/OTL unless a residual butterfly delayed it?(part of the team was busy with Kirby or SMB pre production?)

That's a good thing for Kirby, because to mess with one of the biggest followings a Disney movie can have would be like covering yourself in bacon at a wolf enclosure.

Umm I see, still a good team and would do wonders with Kirby, if Mario Reboot is for 2005, Treasure Planet would be released as Schedule/OTL unless a residual butterfly delayed it?(part of the team was busy with Kirby or SMB pre production?)
Let's go with the latter, as keeping TP with its otl release date leaves it right in the trampling path of Harry Potter 2 but keeps it far away drom Lord Of The Rings 3.

That's a good thing for Kirby, because to mess with one of the biggest followings a Disney movie can have would be like covering yourself in bacon at a wolf enclosure.
Treasure Planet wasn't that popular, it just the internet trying to make it bigger it was, but ITTL might not be screwed by the Studio.

Let's go with the latter, as keeping TP with its otl release date leaves it right in the trampling path of Harry Potter 2 but keeps it far away drom Lord Of The Rings 3.
HP2 is inevitable, but if Disney avoid the weird schedule let it die alongside TITAN A.E. That would be a win for both

Hey everyone. I know I've been silent again, but I'm resurfacing for the following reasons:
1. @Megafighter3 do you need help putting together the 2001 in gaming post? Because you've been silent on that for a while now.
2. With Brad Bird currently working on Spyro 2, where do you want guys want to see The Incredibles be made: either at Universal Animation or at Pixar after his three film contract is fufilled?
3. RareWare update. Currently, I propose that the following projects are in development: The DKC trilogy being remade for the Game Boy Alpha will be released in 2002, 2003, and 2004 respectively, Chris Seavor is currently leading his team along with a couple members of the Banjo-Kazooie staff in making the Banjo/Conker tech demo that was mentioned in the Giga NES debut into a full game by 2004, Lee Scheunamen has been put in charge of Donkey Kong Country 4: The Chief Kong and is set for release on the Giga NES on Holiday 2004, as for Kameo that's a next gen project, and finally the Mayles brothers are currently at Pixar to help them turn Project Dream into a movie; which will be out either 2004 or 2005.

Gaming in 2001
Gaming in 2001

2001 was something of the adage "Out with the old, in with the new." for Nintendo and Sony as both wrapped up the life cycles of the Ultra NES and PS1. For Nintendo, the end of the line did come with a few notable gems such as Conker's Bad Fur Day, Dinosaur Planet and a localized release for Fire Emblem: The Archenean Starlord. They also gained a port of the first Mega Man Legends title, dubbed Mega Man Legends: Ultra and a few first and 2nd party titles such as Mario Party 3, Pokemon Stadium 2 and Dr. Mario Ultra.

For Sony, the PS1's end came with Mega Man X5 and X6, Castlevania Chronicles, Twisted Metal: Small Brawl, Time Crisis: Project Titan and most infamously, The Simpsons Wrestling.

However, the two were rolling out hits for their newer consoles. On the Giga NES, there was Super Smash Bros. Melee, Luigi the Fearful: The Poltergeist Chateau, and Pikmin. Along with those were Mega Man X: The First Maverick Hunters, Pro-Am Racing: The Rare Circuit, Timu's Golden Journey and more.

The PS2 had a number of major releases; Rayman 2: The Great Escape, Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil, Twisted Metal: Black, Ico, Grand Theft Auto III, Devil May Cry, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty and many more.

Meanwhile, Sega was rolling on with the Neptune, releasing new Sonic games such as Sonic Shuffle and Sonic Adventure 2. Along with Sonic was the racing game Daytona USA, Crazy Taxi 2, Shenmue II, the online RPG Phantasy Star Online and its updated Version 2, the strange horror game Illbleed, Dead Or Alive 3, Super Monkey Ball and Gunstar Heroes: The Third Eye for the Pluto.

A number of games went to multiple platforms: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 on the PS2, PS2 and GNES. Dragon Warrior VII on the PS1 and Neptune. Final Fantasy X on the PS2, GNES and Neptune. SSX Tricky on the PS2, GNES and Neptune. Finally, there was Silent Hill 2 on the PS2 and Neptune.

However, a major player in the midst of these was Halo: Combat Evolved, released on Mac and PC. The third person shooter, starring an armored space marine known as the Master Chief battling against the alien forces of the Covenant, was a big hit in the PC gaming space and would gain enough success for Take-Two Interactive to come knocking. In exchange for releasing their games on MacOS, Take-Two would get the publishing rights to Halo on consoles.

Alright, so the projects for 2002 are, in no particular order:

• Tomb Raider - June 15
  • Resident Evil - October 11
  • Dungeons & Dragons: Damodar's Rage
  • Rollerball - June 7
  • Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within - July 12
  • Nights Into Dreams
  • Crash 2: The Sealed Mask
  • StarFox 2
  • Spider-Man - May 3
Yes, Rollerball. That one. It's gonna be a small thing, mainly built around McTiernan's wiretapping of the producer being caught early on, forcing Shane Black into the director's chair. I doubt there will be any major changes to casting, but the film will be a more faithful remake in comparison to OTL's

Last edited:
Alright, so the projects for 2002 are, in no particular order:

• Tomb Raider
  • Resident Evil
  • Dungeons & Dragons: Damodar's Rage
  • Rollerball
  • Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within
  • Nights Into Dreams
  • Crash 2: The Sealed Mask
  • StarFox 2
  • Spider-Man
Yes, Rollerball. That one. It's gonna be a small thing, mainly built around McTiernan's wiretapping of the producer being caught early on, forcing Shane Black into the director's chair. I doubt there will be any major changes to casting, but the film will be a more faithful remake in comparison to OTL's
Alright let's get this started with an excerpt from The Spirits Within...

The film begins with the four heroes of light slaying the knight, Garland. These four heroes: Brandt the Fighter, Aire the Black Mage, Jusiqa the White Mage, and Yunita the Ranger combine their crystals into focus one massive blast that drills through Garland and pins him to the wall. His head falls and for a brief minute, the heroes raise their weapons in victory. Underneath their feet however a dark portal opens beneath them and sucks them in. The warriors try to pull themselves out of the portal but it feels like swimming out of a current in armor. Knowing their going to die, the warriors throw their crystals away from the portal. Garland’s head once again raises with his eyes now a glowing yellow.