Mario Goes Hollywood: A Collaborative Timeline

Okay then. I actually have him penned to translate the Klonoa movies in english(both him and Jeff Nimoy would do this regularly for the Digimon dubs.)

Edit: Scratch that, I know someone else who could handle Klonoa's dub: Michael McChonnhie.

Last edited:
Alright, that covers that. Before we carry on to talking MK: Devastation, I'd like to add an additional butterfly from the first Contra: The Career Resurgence of Reb Brown.

Now, I'm sure some of you are wondering how Brown even got a chance to so much as audition for Contra in the first place and the answer was actually quite simple: Christopher Lee. Now, while I don't have any evidence that Lee and Brown were ever particularly close, the two did work together on films before, mainly Captain America II: Death Too Soon and Howling II: Your Sister Is a Werewolf (Or Stirba: Werewolf Bitch depending on your cut) so he'd probably suggest him for the film.

Being in a major blockbuster film like Contra didn't exactly relaunch his career (the paycheck, while not as big as Arnold's or Stallone's, was probably the biggest he had seen in his entire life and allowed him to effectively retire comfortably,) but it did mean that now there was more of a spotlight on him and with that, companies were willing to cash in. In the coming years, we'd see official DVD releases for Yor, the Hunter from the Future, Howling II, Death of a Soldier, Strike Commando, Space Mutiny, Robowar, both Cage films and both Captain America films (Capcom had bought back the rights from NBCUniversal and sold them to Fox for that deal,) among others, thus meaning that Spoony has a much more official catalog for his future Rebruary releases (Contra is the Rebruary finale as its his last theatrical released film.) Plus, Reb would tour the convention circuit a lot after the film's success, so he never really has to worry about keeping the lights on.

AND THE movie itself?
To answer your question, I'm going with the phantom prison. It will be released in Japan in March with the rest of the world getting it in August. Paramount distributing the film under the Nickelodeon Movies imprint and it will be dubbed by Michael McChonohie's studio in LA. So expect the cast of Ghost In the Shell and Gundam 8th MS Team to pop up in the cast.

Alright, so Klonoa's set for an August release, that gives us time to work on the major summer releases. I'm thinking that Tomb Raider keeps its June release, put Contra 3 up for July and MK: Devastation in August.

I kinda wanna do a final version of the clock tower movie poster...though there isn't anything much to add or touch upon, just add the producers names and shit.

I kinda wanna do a final version of the clock tower movie poster...though there isn't anything much to add or touch upon, just add the producers names and shit.

Ah, don't worry, you got time.

Alright, so with Tomb Raider, I'm leaving this one to you guys, just gonna offer a possible alternate choice for Lara Croft: Denise Richards. Mind you, she was one of many on a list of possible choices.

Alright, here is the third (and possibly final) draft of the clock tower movie poster:

clocktowermovieposterV3 (1).jpg

nothing to add, really. just changed the placeholder credits. i also removed the part mentioning de palma's most famous movies, as it was too much text and less aesthetically pleasing than i'd like.

but yeah, overall, i'm satisfied with what i've done. purveys the whole ''mysterious, psychological and darkly inviting, yet beautiful and calming" theme that i was looking for quite well. october can't come fast enough!

Last edited:
Good work on this, Kinniku.
Thank you! When i work on something i'm passionate about, i tend to do everything. That's probably why i'll probably never work in the entertainement business, not because i don't like working with other people, it's because i tend to be stubborn and have a set vision that i stuck by till i die, and having to deal with executives and producers would give us all a massive headache! I like to add my own touch on things.

So yeah, some purists might decry my toning down of the occult elemnts of clock tower and the more silent hill-esque tone and style, but i don't give a shit, i just wanna tell the story i wanna tell. Besides, you already know my opinion on occult/satanic stuff, and its not like its completely unfaithful. This isn't dragon ball evolution!

Klonoa: The Phantom Prison
5070091_0.jpg

Klonoa: The Phantom Prison
Released on: March 27th, 2001 in Japan and August 18th, 2001 in the United States
Produced by: Namco Pictures and Production I.G.
Distributed by: Nickelodeon Movies
Directed by: Tensai Okamura
Screenplay written by: Hideo Yoshizawa , Tensai Okamura, Mitsuo Iso, and Hiroyuki Imaishi
English Screenplay Translation and Dub Produced by: Michael McChonnohie and Melody Speevak
Art Direction and Character Design by: HIroyuki Imaishi and Hideo Yoshizawa
Budget: Estimated $63 million ($13 million for production and $50 million for marketing)
Box Office Revenue: $240 million worldwide ($128 million in Japan and $112 million in foreign territories)
Cast:
Dave Wittenberg As Klonoa
Stephanie Sheh As Kabi and ???
Joshua Seth As Huepow
Michael McChonnohie As Ghadius
Lara Jill MIller As Lolo
Jessica Straus As Lephise

Production History:
In 1998, Namco released Klonoa: Door to Phantomile for the Playstation, Saturn, and Ultra Nintendo.
“The Klonoa project came about through a contest to create a new mascot character for the company. They had looked at characters like Sonic, Crash, and the rocket possum [Rocket Knight Adventures’ Sparkster] and felt that it would be something that can appeal to a new generation, hopefully in the same fashion that Pac-Man and Mario did in the 80’s. I had an idea for a more cute platformer back at Tecmo but I was always turned down so this felt as good as a chance. That’s when I met Arawi-San. We both talked much about dreams and the creatures that have existed in that realm. Within two weeks, we had a pitch dealing with a young man who fought off the nightmare creatures of myths. Nakamura-san, our company president loved it, but at the time we felt our game irked Iwatani-san because it was replacing Pac-Man in a sense. He would end up leaving the company the same year the game out.”-Hideo Yoshizawa, co-creator of Klonoa.
Created as a means to be new mascot for the company, the game spared no expense in its production and marketing. The game included over 15 minutes of animated cutscenes from Production I.G. The use of cel-shading for the world courtesy of Miki Tominga being the second game to use the art technique after Capcom’s Mega Man Legends, and finally a sixty-eight-piece soundtrack created by the Dream Weavers, an eight-piece composition group led by Kanako Kakino; who would go onto composing future Namco series, The IdolMaster. Upon release, the game would smash all expectations, selling 1.4 million copies worldwide by the end of 1999 and a combined review average of 92. Namco knew they had a hit on their hands with Klonoa and quickly greenlit a spinoff game for the Sega Pluto and Game Boy Alpha.
Enter I.G. Port:
To animate the cutscenes, Production I.G. brought together a good staff helmed up by former GAINAX animators Tensai Okamura, Mitsuo Iso, and Hiroyuki Imaishi. The three had worked together on GAINAX’s last project “Neon Genesis Evangelion”, and generally wish to work together on another project. The success of the game floored the three men hoping that they could put together an idea Imaishi had in mind that he wanted to do after Eva finished production. In late February, the three were pulled into a meeting with Yoshizawa and Nakamura and within the end of that meeting, the project would be greenlit to be released by 2001.
“Yoshizawa-san had shared some of the ideas that he had going forward in the series, and we knew that what he had in mind was something Imaishi could do with a smile on his face and a song in his heart. As for me and Iso-san, we just wanted to keep work coming into the studio and to keep busy.”-Tensai Okamura, Director and Co-Scriptwriter on Klonoa, 2006.
Localization and Distribution:
Shochiku films would distribute the movie in Japan and make a tidy profit of ¥ 50 million yen over its two-month run from March to May. But this was expected, the same week Toho would put out the newest Doraemon film “Nobita and the Winged Braves.” three weeks prior to its release followed by the newest Detective Conan film “Countdown to Heaven” being released two weeks later. Their budget was a modest ¥4.3 million yen, so everyone made their money back hand over fist. As the success reigned in, Namco and Shochiku were approached by Paramount. After the success of Rampage, Paramount followed up with an animated series shown on UPN but doing a sequel would hit a brick wall in 1999 when Midway began their first public offering of stock. Warner Bros. Swooped in to buy about 30% of the stock offered, making them a majority shareholder in one of the largest publishers in the United States. This deal allowed Warner Bros to have first right of refusal to all game adaptions going forward. This all but killed any hope of doing anything else with Midway, so looking forward to another company was the only way to move forward. Paramount would offer a budget of $55 million to distribute the movie in the U.S. and Canada and creative control for the director and writers on the English dub’s production. As for ADR and voice direction, Paramount would look to the dubbing company VoxWorks. Its founder Michael McConnohie, had already cut his teeth with voice direction, translation, and adr production over the last few years at FOX Family Entertainment (formerly Saban Entertainment), along with handling voice direction for Bandai’s Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters in Space.
Plot:
The film begins with Klonoa (Wittenburg) and Huepow (Seth) running through a grassy field, enjoying their company, and generally having a good time. But these smiles soon fade for Klonoa as he runs into Huepow. After rubbing his head and standing up, he looks up at Huepow who’s frowning at him.
Huepow:
“This feeling was never real, Klonoa.”
Klonoa:
“But Huepow.”
Huepow:
“I needed you to save Phantomile, nothing more.”
Klonoa:
“But that doesn’t mean we can’t be friends. Please don’t turn away from me.”
The wind begins to blow hard
Huepow:
(Inaudible words that are mouthed) I needed you.
Klonoa reaches forward to grab Huepow but the wind immediately blows him off a cliff. He screams as he falls into the abyss. He wakes up back in this bed.
Klonoa:
“When will this dream ever leave me. I just want something real.
LIttle does Klonoa know, he is being watched by a young bunny woman.
Kabi (Sheh): “Hmm just a little more and he’ll be ready.”
The opening credits show Klonoa going through the motions of his day in a depressed mood as he sees visions of his life with Huepow. All his favorite interests, all his favorite foods, and the fears he wished to confront would not fill the void in his heart over this. Efforts by his friends, Lolo and Lephise; try to raise his spirits but to no avail. But eventually, Lolo and Lephise gather his friends to have an intervention, and it is here that all of them learn about what Klonoa has gone through:
Klonoa:
“Imagine having a clear image of what’s happening in your life. Imagine questioning everything you love because someone planted it in your mind. Now imagine how happy you were due to those false memories. You all think I should just let this go when it is just as much as part of me as you all were?”
Lolo:
“Klonoa, you must. THIS WASN’T REAL! (She moves to embrace him only to be shoved away by Klonoa’s ears.)”
Klonoa:
“IT WAS REAL TO ME; IT WAS EVERYTHING TO ME! (he storms out in rage.)”
Four days later...
Klonoa finds himself at the edge of a beach, far from Breezegale. He’s been sitting there contemplating what to do: go back and apologize for shoving Lolo, find a way to return to Phantomile, or just leave everything behind. He sits in his thoughts until a volleyball rolls over towards him. He smiles at it as volleyball was always something him and his friends loved to do when they had the time, but that might as well be false. He is then tapped on the shoulder. Klonoa looks over only to be splashed in the face with a purple mist. He coughs and rubs at his eyes to get the mist out and once he does; he sees a yellow tapir with the same ears as him.
Tapir:
“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry. I was just trying to get your attention yet nothing worked.”
Klonoa:
“WELL, YOU HAVE IT, WHAT DO YOU WANT?”
Tapir:
“Well, I uh um.”
Klonoa, in his frustration and rage, he throws the volleyball at her and begins to turn away. The tapir manages to grab his ear and holds on tight.
Tapir:
“Just wait. I just wanted to ask; do you want to remove your false memories?”
Klonoa:
“How do you know that? Have you been stalking me?!”
Tapir:
“No, I just heard you muttering to yourself about your memories and I know someone that could help you find the truth.”
Klonoa:
“Who could remove someone implanting false memories into my dreams?”
Tapir:
“Mistress Baki can. She brings all of us peace with her powers. Four years ago, I was trapped in a reoccurring dream where everyone abandoned me, but I managed to find peace when mistress Baki dispelled the dream by giving me a family that would never abandon me. Come with me and I’ll prove it to you.”
The Tapir then opened a green portal.
Klonoa stared at the ground for a bit. This seemed too good to be true, and if it worked would he be able to come back home. More importantly, who would have to come back to. After mulling it over for a bit, Klonoa finds himself being pulled into the portal by the Tapir.
Meanwhile...
Lolo and Lephise are speaking about what to do Klonoa. They agree that the only way to bring Klonoa back to sanity is to have him confront Prince Huepow and give him closure. Lephise knows of a song that can open portals to alternate dreamscapes. She needs Lolo to find Klonoa and convince him to come back to Bell Hill.
Back with Klonoa...

Klonoa finds himself in a grassland fi ed with warped foliage, purple clouds over seeing the sky, and a white sun with a jovial smile slowly dipping into the horizon.
Klonoa:
“Where am I?”
Tapir:
“In the realm of my mistress.”
Klonoa:
“You. I didn’t agree to coming here when you pulled my ear.”
Tapir:
“You may not have said it with your mouth but you did say it in your heart. Now come. Mistress Baki awaits and I will prove to you that she can bring you the healing you desire.”
The two are then attacked by a monster.
Woolly Noise | The World Ends With You | Fandom

“We must hurry, the portal I opened up is in an area that has some terrors.”
The two began to run as the monster prepared to make another pounce. The chase continued as the monster began contorting its limbs to catch up to them. Tapir then grabbed Klonoa by the ear and jumped. From where she jumped, an earth wall rose to block the monster. The monster ran into the wall headfirst. This only stopped it for about 30 seconds as it then shot a laser from its mouth into the wall. It then contorted its limbs to fit into the hole it made before It continued to chase them. The creature then took the form of a wheel on a sports car as it zoomed towards them.
Tapir:
“Split up and meet me at the beach.
The Tapir then throws Klonoa to the right while taking a fighting stance against the monster. Her legs disappear into a green mist and upon contact with the monster, she grabs the nape of its neck and forces it to the ground. The monster continues to struggle but its eyes begin to turn droopy. The Tapir whispers to the monster a phrase.
Tapir:
“Take away my bad dreams.”
The monster falls asleep and a green orb pulls out of its body. The Tapir eats the orb and then gets off the monster as it begins to transform back into its original form.
Joka, former right-hand man of Ghadius.
1609272639582.png

Meanwhile...
After consulting with Klonoa’s grandfather and Balue, Lolo manages to track Klonoa’s trail back to the beach. When she reaches the shore, she feels the presence of a Tapir. She runs a couple feet forward to discover the portal that Tapir opened slowly beginning to close. Next to the portal is Klonoa’s hat.
Lolo:
“I gotta tell Lephise about this now. But first...”
She sits on the ground and begins a prayer. The prayer stops the closing of the portal and then she rushes off to Bell Hill. Lolo manages to catch up to Lephise just as she pulls out a bracelet.
Wind Ring

Lephise begins to warm up her voice when Lolo touches her shoulder. It doesn’t stop Lephise from doing her warmup however and as she begins to sing, a blue portal begins to open up. Coming out of the portal is a large rhino with burning green eyes.
Rhino Noise | The World Ends With You | Fandom

The rhino proceeds to charge into a tree only to phase straight through it. It turns around and begins to contort into a lion. It jumps and swipes Lolo and Lephise only to strike a shield that Lolo conjures up at the last second. The lion tries to phase her way through the shield only to be blown back by Lephise releasing a sonic blast.
Lephise:
“Okay, When did you do that?”
Lolo:
“I’ll tell you after we fight off this creature.”
Lephise begins to hum again while Lolo conjures a magic staff in her hands. The lion begins to grow a rhino’s horn out of its head as it moves into a pouncing position. Lolo casts a gale of wind at the creature before it can pounce but it phases right through as Lephise moves to the left as she releases another sonic blast at the creature. The lion roars and the sound wave force Lolo and Lephise to the ground. Lolo can only watch in fear as the lion slowly walks over to Lephise, jaws open and its fangs bared.
???:
“GALE SLASH!”
A massive boomerang of green energy slices towards the lion as it pivots away from Lephise. A blue portal opens and an armored knight walks out with a chakram. But what surprises Lephise is that the chakram is an exact replica of the bracelet Lolo used to open the portal. The knight rushes forward and slashes the lion with a series of cuts to its arms. On the sixth swing, the lion phased out to avoid the next blow but quickly pulled back into physical form in pain from the follow up swing.
Knight:
“DREAM BINDING!”
The lion is then bound with a ring around its neck. It tries to phase out again only to take another slash from the knight. The lion then roars and recedes its horn only to grow to the size of an elephant.
The Knight heads readies his chakrams and charges fearlessly towards the beast. He leaps and blasts himself into the lion's mouth. The lion slams his mouth shut only for the knight to burst through its back spinning like a drill. The lion shrinks back to regular size and collapses. Lolo helps Lephise while the knight puts away his chakram.
Lephise:
“Thank you for saving us, Sir Knight. Was that how I’m supposed to say it.”
The knight doesn’t respond but reaches for the bracelet. Lolo and Lephise pull the bracelet back from his grip and the knight move into a fighting position.
Lolo:
“I’m sorry but we need this bracelet to save our friend Klonoa.”
Knight:
“Klonoa?”
Lephise:
“You know who he is?”
Knight:
“Yes I do.”
He removes his helmet to reveal a fair skinned boy with aqua blue eyes, yellow hair cut into the shape of a star, and two green orbs serving as pylons on his shoulders.
Lephise:
“PRINCE HUEPOW!!! Where have you been?”
Lolo is confused at who this is as she’s lived a sheltered life at the monastery.
Huepow:
“Trying to keep the dream realm safe from other threats like Ghadius.”
Lolo:
“Lephise, what is Huepow’s relation to Klonoa.”
Lephise:
“He’s the one who helped Klonoa save me from Ghadius.”
Lolo:
(Looks to Huepow with a disgusted look) “And also the one who put those visions in his head that pushed him to reject all of us when we tried to help him.”
She walks towards Huepow and smacks him in the face.
“YOU CAUSED ALL OF THIS. (Another smack) IF YOU DIDN’T PUT THOSE MEMORIES INTO KLONOA’S HEAD (A Punch), HE WOULDN’T HAVE REJECTED US! ”
As Lolo continues her assault and Lephise tries to pull her off Huepow, the prince frowns and begins to cry as he remembers the day, he first met Klonoa.
Flashback begins...
One night, Klonoa is sound asleep in his room. The wind blows into his room, which only causes the boy to turn over and curl up into the blanket. Hovering over him is Huepow with the wind bracelet.
“I’m sorry I have to do this to you, but I need you to take down Ghadius. I’m just a boy with a cape, not a warrior with courage or strength. But hopefully, this will keep you loyal ”
Huepow places the bracelet on Klonoa’s arm and then he places his hands on his head. A series of false memories are planted in his head.
The scene now shifts to the end of their journey. Ghadius lays face first in the ground. Klonoa begins to float back towards a portal that will take him home.
Huepow:
“You’ve served my purpose and saved Phantomile. Now, go home and move on from all of this.
(Internally) I know you aren’t from my kingdom, but I wish you were my friend Klonoa. You showed me how to be brave even when my fear is overwhelming, you showed kindness whenever you could, and now I need to show that same bravery to save my kingdom from an even greater evil. Farewell Klonoa.”
Flashback ends...
The blows continue as Lolo breathes heavily with tears drawing down her face.
Lolo:
“You caused this...You caused this.”
Huepow:
“I know and I think I can help him, just please stop hitting me.”
Lolo:
“How?! He’s now in some other dimension with god knows what.”
Huepow:
“Another dimension. No they couldn’t have...WHERE DID YOU LAST SEE KLONOA?”
Lolo:
“At the beach I found his hat next to a blue portal.”
Huepow:
“Then we have to hurry. If it's what I think opened that portal, we may never see Klonoa again.”
The three runs back to the beach and finds the ground where the portal was closed. Huepow places his bracelet on the ground and the portal immediately opens back up.
Huepow:
“Well at least I know what opened this portal isn’t what I thought it was. The one that opened that portal is a Baku. A creature that eats the bad dreams of those who wishes them to go away. But if they eat too much, they gain the abilities of whatever dream they consume.”
Lephise:
“He said that he was constantly being assaulted by dreams of you abandoning him along with several parts of the memories you planted into him.”
Huepow:
“Then I’m guessing a baku found him and brought him through the portal. (sighs) Alright, we’re going into that portal and bringing Klonoa back. Are you two ready to do this?
Lolo and Lelphise nod in agreement. Huepow widens the portal so that they can all walk through the portal.
Back with Klonoa and the Tapir...
Castle Dream Dictionary: Interpret Now! - Auntyflo.com

The two enters a massive castle adorned with the symbol of a purple Baku. As they walk over towards the throne room, they show multiple creatures in a deadened bliss. One tending to a garden, another teaching a group of schoolchildren, the third inspecting diamonds to be made into jewelry, but the most surprising is Ghadius playing a flute in front of a barrel. Coming out of the barrel is Baladium, one of the many creatures that Klonoa fought through this first journey with Huepow.
Klonoa:
“All these people who are working in the castle, did they come here for healing as well.”
Tapir:
“All will be revealed in the throne room.”
They reach a large door and the Tapir opens a smaller door in it. In the center of the room is a purple Baku sitting on a modest chair.
Baku:
“Ah Tapi, you have returned with a new companion.”
Tapi:
“Yes Mistress Kabi. This is Klonoa, the hero of Phantomile. He is need of healing from a series of false memories implanted into his dreams.
Kabi:
“I see. These memories are that debilitating to you, Hero?”
Klonoa:
No, they just mean so much to me that I wish they were real. Every night I see myself playing volleyball with him, eating burgers, and I remember every leg of our journey. I just...I just want to know if they are real or just the tool in someone’s plan.”
Kabi:
“What you ask of, is something I cannot do for free. What are you willing to offer as payment?”
Klonoa:
“What do you want in return, Mistress?”
Kabi smiles and rises from her chair.
Kabi:
“Just hearing that from you, Klonoa.”
She places her hands on Klonoa’s cheeks and kisses him. In that moment, Klonoa sees the one thing that was never shown to him. The night Huepow planted those memories in his head. A wave of rage washes over Klonoa and once Kabi removes her hand from his head, he is scowling at the door.
Klonoa:
“HE...HE USED ME... I’LL NEVER FORGIVE HIM FOR THIS!”
Klonoa turns on his heel ready to find Huepow only for Kabi to pull Klonoa into a hug. The two stay there for a few minutes.
Kabi:
“You have no idea how to get back to the one who hurts you on your own. Are you prepared to send every waking moment of your life hunting them for this? Letting this go is the only way, you will find healing.”
One of the palace guards' bursts into the room.
Guard (Mcchonohie):
Dire news mistress, we are under attack. A blue portal just opened at the southern gate followed by a gale of wind
Kabi:
“How did someone managed to get here without my permission?”
Guard:
“After the portal opened, a gale of wind forced the gate opened. Then three people ran out of the portal. I think they are making a beeline towards the palace gate. Fortunately, I do have a visual of the interlopers.”
Kabi places her head on the guard’s head and sees his last memories. She frowns as she sees two girls and a green knight running towards the palace gates.
Kabi:
“Tapi, rally all our forces in the castle. I want these three captured alive. As for you Klonoa, stay here and I will show you my power in full.”
As Huepow, Lolo, and Lephise ran towards the inner sanctum of the castle; they are attacked by Ghadius and Baldium.
Ghadius:
“We all found healing here, and yet you have come to destroy our sanctuary.”
Lolo:
“WE’RE NOT HERE TO DESTROY YOU, WE JUST WANT TO SAVE OUR FRIEND.!”
Baldium:
“To deny him his own healing, right? Our mistress showed us what you did to him and you think you can save him?!”
Huepow:
“We won’t know until we try. The Klonoa I know is forgiving and goes out of his way to help others.”
Ghadius:
“Our mistress gave us orders to bring you in alive. Give up peacefully or you will be forced to kneel.”
The three charge their adversaries with steel determination. But as the battle goes, they found themselves overwhelmed by every other person in the castle. Huepow in a last-ditch effort pulls out his chakram and creates a tornado that blows straight through the ceiling and knocks out everyone else in the room. Huepow looks around for Lolo and Lephise only to be knocked out by the back of the head. A second wave had managed to be just down the hall when the tornado was unleashed.
When Huepow wakes up, he is now in the throne room being held in place by Kabi’s forces. He looks to the left to see Lolo held in the same path and then to the right to see Lephise in the same position. All three of them are forming a triangle with a circle in the center.
Kabi:
“Good you’re awake. Now we can begin the healing process.”
Huepow:
“WHERE IS KLONOA AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HIM?”
Kabi:
“He is central to the process, so please be patient.”
Klonoa walks in a robe adorned with Kabi’s symbol in the center. He looks over to Lolo and Lephise and then scowls at Huepow.
Kabi:
“Klonoa, who would you like for me to use my powers on first?”
Klonoa:
“Lolo, I want to save Huepow for last.”
The ritual begins as Klonoa sees the dream that Lolo had been having for some time now. It is of Klonoa, Lephise, Balue, and her having a nice picnic on the beach followed by a game of volleyball. Klonoa’s scowl moves into a neutral position. He shakes his head and as he moves over to Lephise, he hears Huepow scream that Kabi is a baki and she is destroying those dreams. He sits in front of Lephise and begins the process anew. In Lephise’s dream, Klonoa sees not a dream but a memory of the day they met from her perspective. Both of them have a bit of a sparkle as they advanced on her. Despite the full possession of Nahatomb, Lephise still retained some semblance of herself.
Lephise:
“Klonoa, Huepow please end this.”
Huepow:
“Klonoa, put me on a wind bullet and shoot me into Nahatomb’s mouth.
Klonoa:
“But what about you.?”
Huepow:
“Don’t worry, we’ll always be together. Now shoot me.”
Lephise couldn’t help but shed a tear and smile at the two friends. She honestly wishes that she had someone that felt that way about her as well.
Once the ritual ends, Klonoa is crying, as he feels that all Huepow did was lie to him throughout their journey. He scowls again as he moves turns towards Huepow.
Klonoa:
“When you sent me back, that was your last lie Huepow. NOW YOU WILL SHOW ME THE TRUTH!”
When going through Huepow’s dreams, Klonoa sees the aftermath of Huepow’s decision to send Klonoa back.
Huepow:
“I’m sorry I had to do this to you Klonoa and I’m sorry I had to break my promise. But I will return to you one day and I will be strong to help you keep the dream realms safe.”
Klonoa sees everyday as Huepow trains to use the wind bullets, followed by forging the gale armor he’s wearing today, and finally we see him use the chakrams to fight off another knight wearing a crown and wielding a scepter. WIth every day that passes, Huepow says “wait for me Klonoa, I’ll keep my promise.” The vision ends with Huepow opening a portal back to Klonoa’s world and jumping in.
Klonoa:
“You, you wanted to come back. But you put those memories in my head. Why did you want to come back?”
Huepow:
“Klonoa, I placed those false memories in your mind so that you would help me stop Ghadius from bringing forth his nightmare on all of us. But I regret having to do it that way.
Klonoa:
“SO WHY DIDN’T YOU JUST ASK ME TO HELP YOU?
Huepow:
“Because I was scared you would say no or bow out during the journey.”
Huepow was right. There were plenty of times where the forces of Ghadius put the fear of God into Klonoa. But as he went on, he understood if Ghadius got his way there would be no peace in Breezegale. He takes a deep breath and turns to Kabi.
Klonoa:
“I’ve found my healing. Let them go.”
Klonoa is immediately bound by the robe he is wearing. Kabi stands to both of them and scowls.
Kabi:
“I will do no such thing Klonoa. All those who find healing here can never leave. And with you here, I can complete my collection of all those involved in the siege of Phantomile.”
Klonoa tries to struggle against the binding but to no avail as the robe squeezes so tight that he passes out.
Kabi:
“Now all of you sleep as I begin the process to give you your healing.”
Lolo and Lephise pass out next and just as the process begins for Huepow he transforms back into his orb form and he tackles into Kabi and her minions. He screams bind release and every one immediately wakes up. Kabi stands back up and looks absoleutely livid at the state of event.
Kabi then begins to absorb all of her minions and transforms into a kaiju sized beast pictured below:
Baku (Mythical Hybrid) by PraiseMoyer.deviantart.com on @DeviantArt |  Japanese mythical creatures, Mythological monsters, Mythological animals

Our heroes stand up and pull out their weapons except for Klonoa. Huepow comes over to Klonoa and offers him a hand.
Huepow:
“Klonoa, do you want to fight this creature with your friends?”
Klonoa nods and takes Huepow’s hand. A blinding light shines in their paws creating a new bracelet in the shape of a dreamcatcher
Huepow:
“Alright people, a baku can make themselves intangible after feeding on the dreams of its victims. What we have to do is run her rampant until she turns tangible again, then we ensnare her with the dreamcatcher.”
Kabi proves to be a difficult foe, as it moves around the castle shooting beams from its eyes, slashing with its claws, and stomping through the grounds and walls with its paws from its intangibility. Klonoa uses the wind bracelet to grab as many of her minions and throwing them wherever Kabi is visible. It is only after Joka is grabbed and thrown at Kabi that she unleashes a beam that wipes him out. Kabi then becomes tangible to catch her breath. Lephise shouts to send Kabi towards Lolo who then binds her with a spell. Klonoa then runs ahead and slams the dreamcatcher on Kabi’s head. Kabi then responds but swallowing Klonoa in one gulp.
Lolo:
“KLONOA!”
Klonoa and Huepow wake up within the belly of the Baku. All that is there is just a platform and a heart. But they quickly find that they're not alone, within the heart is the very Tapir that brought Klonoa to this world. The two realize that this is Kabi.
Kabi:
“I just want to be healed. All these dreams just make me wish for something real as well”
Klonoa uses the wind bullet to grab Kabi and pull her into a hug.
Klonoa:
“Do you want to find your healing with me, Kabi?”
With tears in her eyes, she says yes.
Two months later...
Klonoa walks out of his house and stretches, ready to face the day and have a good time. As the credits roll, he is joined by Lolo, Lephise, Huepow, Balue, and finally Kabi at Bell Hlll ready to have a nice picnic.
Reception:
With a rating of C+ by IMDB and a gross revenue of about $112 million in foreign territories. Klonoa would go on to be Nickelodeon Movies #2 highest grossing film to date only being beat out by The Rugrats Movie. While the film did well enough to greenlight a sequel, instead a animated series would be put into production in July. This series would premiere in 2003 as Klonoa and the Dream Knights on NIckelodeon’s Slam block alongside Viz Media’s Yu-Gi-Oh, Mirage Studios’ Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Mattel’s He-Man and the Master of the Universe, and Moonscoop’s Code Lyoko.
In December, the movie would be released on VHS and DVD along with a special edition packaged together with Klonoa’s handheld release Moonlight Museum. This game, developed for the Sega Pluto and the Nintendo Game Boy Alpha; would serve as a follow-up to the movie and to the first game but not an official sequel. The boxset would sell modestly and would be the final catalyst for Namco to give Paramount their blessing to go ahead with adaptions of their other IP’s.
For its production staff, Hiroyuki Imaishi and Mitsuo Iso would be the main showrunners for all three seasons before moving onto their dream project: Tengen Toppa Gurren Laagaan. As for Tensai Okamura, he would be reunited with former Gainax Director Hideaki Anno for the 2004 live action revival of Cutey Honey. Finally, series creator Hideo Yoshizawa would begin development of the next home console Klonoa game: Empire of Dreams which would be released as a timed exclusive for the Macintosh platform in 2003, followed by a release for the Neptune, PS2, and GNES in 2004.
1609272639606.jpeg1609272639696.jpeg1609272639548.jpeg1609272639630.jpeg1609272639582.png1609272639674.jpeg

Sixteen pages later, it is done. Now to start writing out those three Mario games I've had lined up for the GBA and GNES. @Megafighter3, please place the threadmarks on this and on Spyro when you get a chance.​

WISE FWOM YO GWAVE!!!

Finally, we can get on with it!

Man, i remember playing door to phantomile when i was a kid. That movie sounds pretty sweet, NGL.