Request Maps/Flags Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I request a flag for the great and relevant state of East Tennessee/Franklin? IRL there was a very real possibility during the Civil War of it breaking away and becoming a new a state like West Virginia; dont worry if you think it looks shitty its a US state flag.

Also if anybody has an idea as to what the three stars on the Tennessean flag could represent now that E. Tenn. is gone thatd be cool too.

Can I request a flag for the great and relevant state of East Tennessee/Franklin? IRL there was a very real possibility during the Civil War of it breaking away and becoming a new a state like West Virginia; dont worry if you think it looks shitty its a US state flag.

During the Civil war, XXIII corps of the Union Army had a strong association with East tennessee and its corps badge was a shield on a square field in different colour combinations. What if, as happened in other parts of the US OTL, this military insignia ended up inspiring the state flag so that you could have something like this, the lettering being added to *truly* make it look like a state flag. Could even lead to East Tennessee being nicknamed "The Shield State"

EAST-TENNESSEE.png

Also if anybody has an idea as to what the three stars on the Tennessean flag could represent now that E. Tenn. is gone thatd be cool too.

They could simply represent the fact that Tennessee refuses to recognise the loss of East-Tennessee.

During the Civil war, XXIII corps of the Union Army had a strong association with East tennessee and its corps badge was a shield on a square field in different colour combinations. What if, as happened in other parts of the US OTL, this military insignia ended up inspiring the state flag so that you could have something like this, the lettering being added to *truly* make it look like a state flag. Could even lead to East Tennessee being nicknamed "The Shield State"

They could simply represent the fact that Tennessee refuses to recognise the loss of East-Tennessee.

This is awesome and I'm adding it to my collection.

View attachment 451994

View attachment 452004
My very shitty attempt at a flag for Franklin. You are free to change it up and add the date.View attachment 452013
I love both of these so much! Thanks a ton guys!

Hi,
I have no skills as a maker of Maps and flags and also lack the resources to make them but my time line The General, the Prime Minister and the Emperor could do with a map.
What I need is a map of North America with US marked as it was in 1812 (including Lousiana as a state) and the area of Minnesota Iowa Wisconsin and Illinois marked as the 'Union of Northern Tribes' (Tecumseh's confederacy) but extended North to the 50th parallel. All of Canada should be marked as British Canada much as we see it now but along the 50th parallel not the 49th but dipping down to the 49th near to Vancouver. The rest of the modern western US needs to be marked as New Spain (unorganised British territory) Except for Texas marked as British Texas. Below the Rio Grand just needs to be marked as British Central America (awaiting independence)
Lastly Florida needs to be marked as Spanish Florida
I hope that's not to complicated and will grateful for any help and of course credit anyone's work when I use it in the timeline.
Many thanks for your consideration.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have no skills as a maker of Maps and flags and also lack the resources to make them but my time line The General, the Prime Minister and the Emperor could do with a map and and a flag.
What I need is a map of North America with US marked as it was in 1812 (including Lousiana as a state) and the area of Minnesota Iowa Wisconsin and Illinois marked as the 'Union of Northern Tribes' (Tecumseh's confederacy) but extended North to the 50th parallel. All of Canada should be marked as British Canada much as we see it now but along the 50th parallel not the 49th but dipping down to the 49th near to Vancouver. The rest of the modern western US needs to be marked as New Spain (unorganised British territory) Except for Texas marked as British Texas. Below the Rio Grand just needs to be marked as British Central America (awaiting independence)
Lastly Florida needs to be marked as Spanish Florida
I hope that's not to complicated and will grateful for any help and of course credit anyone's work when I use it in the timeline.
Many thanks for your consideration.

when you say "a flag", which one of those places is it for ?

Also, just a personal opinion but it seems odd that the british would retain the name "new spain". When they conquered New France OTL, they renamed it to "Province of Quebec" after its capital and even though it wasn't a particularly french name, when they conquered acadia, they renamed it Nova Scotia.

It's for a local real-world pro-EU movement. If it's an inappropriate request for this site, please advise, and I'll delete the request.

I don't think there's any hard and fast rule one way or the other so as long as a request is not made for some extremist group or for a generally distasteful event, I doubt anyone would complain.

when you say "a flag", which one of those places is it for ?

Also, just a personal opinion but it seems odd that the british would retain the name "new spain". When they conquered New France OTL, they renamed it to "Province of Quebec" after its capital and even though it wasn't a particularly french name, when they conquered acadia, they renamed it Nova Scotia.
Oops forget the flag that's was a copy of an old post sorry I now have the flag (I'll edit it out)
It's still called new Spain because as I say it isn't organised yet and it makes sense in the context of the timeline and is meant to eventually get broken up but we're not there yet

Status
Not open for further replies.