Request Maps/Flags Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a terraformed Mars QBAM?
8360C347-F576-4C0D-9E10-638BEEA7D1F7.png

You can find this map and other blank maps on the AH.com wiki.

You can find this map and other blank maps on the AH.com wiki.

I saw this map, but it's not really what I'm looking for.

Do you have a version of this map in Robinson projection? None of the other maps in the project I'm working on are rectangular, and I'd like to keep things consistent. I saw such a map elsewhere on this site, but I don't think it's still up.

Hi, can someone give me an administrative map of Korea if South Korea had won the Korean War?

I'd like to use it for election thingies.
Thanks in advance!
:)

I need a flag of the US that represents that it's a Chinese ally or under heavy Chinese influence, emphasizing the Pacific states (CA, WA, OR, AK, HI).

a future history flag.

May I please request your advice regarding the design of a flag, Good Experts?

I was reading THE CHOSEN by Mr David Drake & Mr SM Stirling and found myself contemplating the description given of the eponymous villains national flag - described as a golden sun on black - and wondering how to give this straightforward description an interesting twist; now The Chosen are described as a highly predatory civilisation combing some of the less attractive features of Ancient Sparta, Imperial Japan and South Africa's Boer Republics (both Apartheid Era and pre-1900), hungry for Conquests to prove their Superiority to the rest of Creation to the point where it is made explicit that if they were to Conquer the World* then their internal factions would turn against each other sooner or later (the winners reducing the losers to slavery ... or prompting them to unleash atomic weaponry in the spirit of Masada).

*Not Earth herself, but a planet terraformed before a widespread collapse of intergalactic civilisation left the local outpost planet-bound, though not especially badly off by the standards of a rather harsh Dark Age for Humanity.

Now as I was saying, their national flag is a golden sun sign on black and it struck me that one of the more interesting directions in which to go would be to design the "Sun Symbol" in question so that it would double as a set of targeting crosshairs - symbol of the Chosen's aspirations and an implicit threat that not even the SKY is the limit.

May I please ask if this makes sense? Might one also ask if you have any suggestions on what this symbol should look like, precisely?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipe...sshairs_Red.svg/1024px-Crosshairs_Red.svg.png

^^ This design has a pleasing simplicity, but seems a little too "Christian" (The Chosen mostly seem to worship themselves and are very definitely NOT Christian); it also seems to lack Threat (perhaps one could sharpen the "limbs" and set them at the diagonal, rather than the vertical?). ^^

https://lorena4793.files.wordpress.com/2015/03/crosshairs1.png

^^ This design seems a bit more sinister, but also seems a trifle TOO complex to be easily ready; it should also be noted that one imagines the final design as being a bit more solid (though perhaps not entirely - I quite like the idea that this design would have at least some black even at the core of the "sun" symbol, as a strong hint at the Heart of Darkness beating within the Chosen war machine). ^^

https://worldcouncilfornature.files.wordpress.com/2014/02/cross-hairs.png

^^ This design might well be a fair balance between the two designs given above; I'd still suggest sharpening the arms of the crosshairs and one could - should? - make the space between the two circles solid gold. ^^

The images linked to above are, of course, references pulled up to give me something to develop my basic concept a little more - if you fellows were to come up with a better idea then one would be Very Pleased to receive and consider it!:)

Thank You in advance for your consideration.

It's not a true request, so if needed, you can move the thread.
I'm drawing a map based on Gurps Caliph TL(That I don't like).
The basic idea is that Asian and African countries replaced Europe as colonial powers and Europe itself become a colonial land (with Germany playing China and maybe Sweden as Japan?)

I'm a student of modern Islamic history, so Balkan, India and central Asia are ok.

China and Japan are ok too, because I like them a lot to know the needed amount of history to twist Alternatively.

Africa and America, on the other hand are another matter.
Except for Maghreb and Mali I'm pretty ignorant about African black kingdoms, so I'm unsure of what borders of indipendent African kingdoms (or sultanates) could look.

Can someone help me?

It's not a true request, so if needed, you can move the thread.
I'm drawing a map based on Gurps Caliph TL(That I don't like).
The basic idea is that Asian and African countries replaced Europe as colonial powers and Europe itself become a colonial land (with Germany playing China and maybe Sweden as Japan?)

I'm a student of modern Islamic history, so Balkan, India and central Asia are ok.

China and Japan are ok too, because I like them a lot to know the needed amount of history to twist Alternatively.

Africa and America, on the other hand are another matter.
Except for Maghreb and Mali I'm pretty ignorant about African black kingdoms, so I'm unsure of what borders of indipendent African kingdoms (or sultanates) could look.

Can someone help me?
Are you asking for help with making the map? If so, feel free to PM me and I can help.

Status
Not open for further replies.