Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little project I've been working on. The Roman Empire following a Great War that started a decade earlier. This is a Roman Empire that has withstood Arabs, Franks, Turks, and Egyptians. It's been a wild ride for their polity, but here they are, on the wrong side of the tracks.

After allying with the Germans in their war, the Romans believed they had the upper hand, yet it seems God did not favour their victory. For the first time, foreigners occupy the Queen of Cities and her turquoise avenue. Battleships ply the Propontis while the republics of Armenia and Georgia, whose peoples called themselves Romans, and were found in all places of the Basileia have declared themselves independent and occupy the eastern ends of the Politeia including that great city of Trapezous. Other nations, Albania, Serbia, and Bulgaria, whose peoples were likewise loyal Romans, deserted their 500 years of citizenship for Western favour. The Illyrians (Albanians), now lead by their own prince, are allies of the Sicilians across the Adriatic. The worst insult however, was that the worthless Basileus Symeon, whose ancestors were of Bulgarian stock, acclaimed by the Senate, the Army, and the People, who was thought to lead the valiant Romans to victory turned traitor and fled to the "Allies" becoming the Kaisar of the Bulgarians, though many still thought of themselves as Romans. The Bulgarians were awarded much land, including the second city of the Empire, Thessalonikis. he islands of Krete and Kyprus did not escape the Latin occupation, nor Lazastan, these regions being made autonomous and under joint administration of Sicily, Britain, and Iberia (Georgia) receptively. The once great nation of God, from Bosnia to Schirwan, from the Lake Maeotis to Antioch, now reduced to these here encompassed districts as they are today. But perhaps good may come of their situation.

View attachment 433299
The colours are as follows;
Purple=Hellenes
Rust=Armeneans
Dark Green=Oguzes
Yellow=Slavs
Light Brown=Latins and Vlachs
Gold=Ilyrians (Albanians)
Light Blue=Iberians (Georgians)

Basically the Empire follows the fate of the Ottomans, but without the revolution.

Very nice! I've always wanted to do a scenario of a surviving Eastern Roman Empire that fills the role of Russia IOTL and undergoes a far-left revolution of some sort. The Black-Anarchist armies of nomad Turks roaming the interior, the breakaway Republics of Armenia, Lazica, and Cilicia, a White-Imperial army of reactionary officers and soldiers rallying around the last heir to the Imperial Throne, a centralized autocratic Union of Roman Soviets centered on the Queen of Cities desperately trying to fight enemies on both sides of the Bosphorus and assert control, it's pretty compelling IMO.

Well, I might as well throw down my cards on the table. This discussion is the perfect opportunity to repost and update a wank map I made. I laugh at your petty empires.

9OvrzFU.png

I promise I'm working on proper maps, I'm finishing a write up for a Sixteen Greeces, that'll be here soon.

Oh my god.

Well, I might as well throw down my cards on the table. This discussion is the perfect opportunity to repost and update a wank map I made. I laugh at your petty empires.

9OvrzFU.png

I promise I'm working on proper maps, I'm finishing a write up for a Sixteen Greeces, that'll be here soon.
That Chinese state doesn't look economically or politically sustainable. A great excuse for Russia to overthrow its government for the protection of its people.

9OvrzFU.png

Y'know, looking at these borders, it looks like the only power that could possibly be 'rivaling' the "United Kingdoms" would be a smaller Spanish/Iberian Empire. ;)

Y'know, looking at these borders, it looks like the only power that could possibly be 'rivaling' the "United Kingdoms" would be a smaller Spanish/Iberian Empire. ;)
You're thinking too much inside the box, the Brazilian Empire, three continents, one crown, one rival.

9OvrzFU.png

And yet somehow, there is no Russian Kalifornia.

This thread has disappointed me. :p

In all seriousness, great map! The internal borders of North America are especially pleasant to view.

Czar ya think? Not Tsar? I've never been sure.
The transliteration is tricky because in cyrillic the "ts/cz" is one character. This sort of thing also shows up in stuff like "Druck", a town in Belarus whose name does not rhyme with "muck", but is still spelled that way in some sources because of those stupid Poles. A better spelling for English would be "Drutsk" or "Druczk" if you prefer that. Personally I favour "ts".

EDIT: Also you are now free to spell it as "Car". You're welcome.

The transliteration is tricky because in cyrillic the "ts/cz" is one character. This sort of thing also shows up in stuff like "Druck", a town in Belarus whose name does not rhyme with "muck", but is still spelled that way in some sources because of those stupid Poles. A better spelling for English would be "Drutsk" or "Druczk" if you prefer that. Personally I favour "ts".

...well that's super. Also, nice Poles. But really, Car?!

Hot take: "çar", "Druçk".

Status
Not open for further replies.