Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Fair enough. You are right, most of the old content is pretty bland in comparison. However with the prospective updates that are supposed to come to both Germany and the Commune of France (idk about Britain) after the China Rework, I think we all can agree good things are in the future for the Kaiserreich community.
Honestly, I actually like the German political situation as is. But what I want to see...

--Paneuropa focus to actually fucking work and let the Danubian Federation/USGE/A-H join Mitteleuropa and the Reichspakt.
--Europarat/Europakommission choice to change how the various Mitteleuropa members make foreign policy choices.
--in a similar vein, the capstone of the political tree (Restore Bundesrat/Schleicher's Kamarilla/whatever the other was) should have more of an effect.
--Content for AH subsidiaries (even a little helps).
--Commune of France needs flavor work and focus tree expansion (would be GREAT to have some flavor stuff to show off just how fucking insane Valois and his toadies are, for example).
--Horner, Kenney, and Mann need more flavor in Britain. Currently the only ones that are any fun are Y Glais and fucking Mosley.
--Nat France needs more flavor and a revamped focus tree, and focus choices should be reliant upon decisions taken in events unlocked by previous focuses IMO.

Content for AH subsidiaries might have a secondary effect, IIRC - last I checked the only way to form the Danubian Federation/USGA is through war because Hungary can't peacefully become cooperative... since that is supposed to come with the Hungarian focus tree.

I've heard Sweden might be broken since the dev for Sweden left in the middle of redevelopment - I haven't played a Swedish game in a long while - so if that's true Sweden specifically could use a mini-rework.

The main problem with Britain is that the Syndie options are so bland. This is probably because Britain's already been reformed into a fairly model syndicalist nation (the trade union congress replaced the old government, and immediately passed a law saying that every adult is a member of the TUC with full voting rights), but still--we need to have something like...

--Kenney can try to negotiate between the Germans and French, and leave the Internationale if the Sorellians get power and go insane.
--Horner gets big boosts to resource production and gets SPREADING THE REVOLUTION focuses in the various colonial regions that can, for example, start a Red revolt in the Congo if Göring isn't removed from power.
--Mann has to play a balancing act through decisions, events, and foci, sort of like how the PLC if it forms has to balance polish and lithuanian interests.

Speaking of which, we need a massive Russia update. Something that really gets the insanity of the Vozhd, and makes the USSR path harder (and the liberal republic, for that matter).
I wholeheartedly agree with this. It would make playing as NatPop Russia so much better.

I just hope that a rework doesn’t end up removing any of the paths like the military dictatorship path (muh Tsar Wrangel) or the more democratic options like the constitutional monarchy or aristocratic republic paths.

More ideas:

--If Kenney or Horner concedes Ulster to the Irish in exchange for an NAP (something that should be an option), Mosley can attempt a coup and potentially take over and immediately declare war as THE GRAND PROTECTOR, potentially invoking a Lawrence countercoup.
--Horner can use T.E. Lawrence to make friends with the Rashids (if they won) via his old contacts and encourage internal reform of some sort, or recruit Rashid-loyalist renegades led by Auda abu Tayi (free general plus couple divisions of cavalry) if the Rashids lost.
--Savinkov should have his own focus tree; in fact, each major option for Russia should have its own focus tree and cosmetic tag, IMO, but the Vozhd's is the most important. He needs his own (insanely revanchist) foreign policy tree, something like "You all go to gulag!" that gives him a national spirit that reduces the effect of partisans because he rounds up conquered peoples and sends them to Siberia to be worked to death, some kind of unique spin and "national enemy" kind of scapegoat for his fascism, a focus like "Military veneration" to grant war support by fetishizing the military to an absurd degree, stuff like that.
--Ungern-Sternberg should still be able to name himself "Ungern Khan" or something, that's just cool.

the important thing with reworking Savinkov is to emphasize, as much as Paradox's TOS allow, just how fucking insane the guy is and what a threat to the entire planet he represents. It should be clear that he wants to drown every former Russian imperial state, plus Germany, in their own blood, while laying waste to the land and salting the earth so that for ten thousand years nothing will ever grow on the land that Savinkov has fertilized with the blood of the enemies of holy Mother Russia. He should be a genocidal madman bent on the wholesale slaughter and extermination of Roma, Germans, Ukrainians, Balts, Muslims, anyone who ever took a shot at or laughed at or underestimated Russia or even looked at his nation the wrong way. He should be screaming "REVENGE!!!" from every focus. His Russia should come off as a totalitarian nightmare, little more than a massive armed camp where constant propaganda glorifies mindless bloodlust, undying revanchism, and the genocide of anyone who has ever dared to slight the holy Motherland, where every child is forcibly enrolled in a NPPR youth group that's like if you took What Madness is This's Custer Youth Brigade and somehow made them more insane and bloodthirsty, where pacifism is treason against the Motherland and will get you sent to Siberia, where millions of enslaved workers build factories and fuel Savinkov's war machine from the Siberian wastes, where even the Mad Baron is appalled by the fetishization of violence and bloodthirsty insanity.

Now, I know that Paradox says "no modeling atrocities", but come on, if we can have Fonte turn Argentina into a bandit state and Pelley make concentration camps for Syndicalists, we can surely have some approximation of Savinkov with a massive war cult.

One thing I noticed is that with Communal France the writeups on the ideologies of the factions on the wiki indicate none of the factions are satisfied with the status quo, in contrast with Britain, where the Federationists are the status-quo faction (presumably for the reason Worffan101 mentions - the UoB already has been reformed close to the Federationist ideal), and yet in-game the Travailleurs are about as much a status-quo faction as the Federationists.
--Kenney can try to negotiate between the Germans and French, and leave the Internationale if the Sorellians get power and go insane.
I would argue the Jacobins if they push through their vanguard Leninist state with all the violence that entails might be another candidate for giving Kenney an option to leave the Internationale (can't see her being too happy with syndicalists being purged in show trials or even worse without trials) - I also think the Jacobins should be able to gradually and (internally) peacefully move to their desired vanguard state if they win the 1941 elections and won in 1936 but decided to work within the system for now.

Last edited:
He should be a genocidal madman bent on the wholesale slaughter and extermination of Roma, Germans, Ukrainians, Balts, Muslims, anyone who ever took a shot at or laughed at or underestimated Russia or even looked at his nation the wrong way.
20170625191534_1.jpg

20170625185058_1.jpg

The problem with that is that Savinkov's flavor implies that his hypernationalism includes every ethnic group that has ever been part of Russia as well as all Slavs and Constantinople. There's also some flavor (for which I lack screenshots) of him attempting to bring Muslims in Turkestan and Alash Orda into the fold.

One thing I noticed is that with Communal France is that the writeups on the ideologies of the factions on the wiki indicate none of the factions are satisfied with the status quo, in contrast with Britain, where the Federationists are the status-quo faction (presumably for the reason Worffan101 mentions - the UoB already has been reformed close to the Federationist ideal), and yet in-game the Travailleurs are about as much a status-quo faction as the Federationists.

I would argue the Jacobins if they push through their vanguard Leninist state with all the violence that entails might be another candidate for giving Kenney an option to leave the Internationale (can't see her being too happy with syndicalists being purged in show trials or even worse without trials) - I also think the Jacobins should be able to gradually and (internally) peacefully move to their desired vanguard state if they win the 1941 elections and won in 1936 but decided to work within the system for now.
The way I would do it is replace the election with a power struggle. Jacobins vs. Travailleurs, with Anarchistes and Sorellians as wildcards. You have something like the Fengtian Clique spirit system, where you go through events and the popularity of totalists and syndicalists and radsocs changes based on who's winning the power struggle, and you get different bonuses and penalties as it goes on. Finally you get through the event chain after choosing your way on a focus tree and doing events alongside, then you get your path for the Commune. Jacobins fucking up can lead to an Anarchiste protest movement removing them from power, Travailleurs messing up can lead to a Sorellian coup, Sorellians can backstab the Jacobins, Gamelin can coup the Jacobins if they fuck up and get a Lawrence-style choice, et cetera, but for the most part you have your core tree based on who wins the power struggle.
20170625191534_1.jpg

20170625185058_1.jpg

The problem with that is that Savinkov's flavor implies that his hypernationalism includes every ethnic group that has ever been part of Russia as well as all Slavs and Constantinople. There's also some flavor (for which I lack screenshots) of him attempting to bring Muslims in Turkestan and Alash Orda into the fold.
I would say, pan-Slavism should be the dictators' ideology, and possibly one or both of the Tsars as well. Savinkov really should be a total fucking madman, though, imo.

Honestly, I actually like the German political situation as is. But what I want to see...
--Nat France needs more flavor and a revamped focus tree, and focus choices should be reliant upon decisions taken in events unlocked by previous focuses IMO.
how do you see nat France should be played, as the good guys, as the bad guys, a place falling apart or about to take back France, ect? also which realistic path do see central America takeing?

how do you see nat France should be played, as the good guys, as the bad guys, a place falling apart or about to take back France, ect? also which realistic path do see central America takeing?
Place falling apart. They should implode if they don't make it back to the mainland by...1940? Faster if they go more authoritarian routes. Pieds-noirs suffrage at a minimum should be necessary to make a serious stab at RECLAIMING THE BIRTHRIGHT.

Central America can go any way and I love it that way.

Thats a really old version
I know. As Whiteshore said, When was the last time Russia got an update.
I would say, pan-Slavism should be the dictators' ideology, and possibly one or both of the Tsars as well. Savinkov really should be a total fucking madman, though, imo.
Fair enough. I'm just saying that Savinkov is so expansionist because his definition of "Russian" is so broad.

Fair enough. I'm just saying that Savinkov is so expansionist because his definition of "Russian" is so broad.
I think that he should be a radical revanchist, wanting payback against those who "betrayed" Mother Russia like Belarus and Ukraine as well as the Germans. Pan-Slavism should be a different faction's route.

Savinkov should get huge manpower bonuses, eventually at the cost of production, to make up for his lack of pan-Slavic diplomatic options.