Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Old World Blues has a subreddit. Equestria at War puts its dev diaries in the main HOI4 subreddit, but has a discord (I'm not on it, but the link in one of the dev diaries seems to work). There is nothing bizarre about wanting to follow development of mods, says the biased fellow who found that one of the greatest losses of the Kaiserreich forums being abandoned and then going down.

Indeed - a big reason I had for getting HOI4 was because I'd been following Kaiserreich for years and wanted to play it.

Personally i want a general nordic rework where the political situation in those countries would get expanded upon. For example I quite dislike the fact that Arbeiderpartiet if elected to government currently cannot succseed in its goals and will always fall to a coup. I would rather see a Radsoc Norway path where you have to del with both the left and right wings of the party feuding about policy and forcing you to compromise as to manage to persevere.

I finally finished Perón's tree

aee5ddG.jpg

cTgjVoc.jpg

5VnFF2l.jpg

obhCWuK.jpg

A problem I noticed is that you cannot get "ties with Germany" if they already lost the second weltkrieg, and so you seems to have only Ramirez as your dictator until the end of the game unless you cheat to get the focus...

To add to the Russia discussion I'd say that in any path you take the far left and far right should both still be major entities. Savinkov and Bukharin each have major support bases, and it should take a lot to put them down. Hell, if I were reworking Russia I'd do some sort of dynamic event chain where you need to play the Natpops and Soviets off one another if you want to remain liberal, Monarchist, whatever; concede too little and one side will start a civil war, but concede too much and they'll coup you. This would represent the difficulties that liberal governments actually faced, rather than having Savinkov fuck off somewhere as soon as someone other than Kornilov comes to power.

unless you go Totalist and decide whether you want Big Brother Mosley or Comrade Blair or
What I find Interesting about the Lawrence thing is that if he restores the UK (as I am doing on my latest play through), it almost makes Mosley correct in that he says that we need to centralise to protect the revolution and route out tratiors, but one traitor gets through and betrays the revolution.

What I find Interesting about the Lawrence thing is that if he restores the UK (as I am doing on my latest play through), it almost makes Mosley correct in that he says that we need to centralise to protect the revolution and route out tratiors, but one traitor gets through and betrays the revolution.
But that only happens when you go totalist, which proves that totalitarianism only creates enemies that would otherwise be harmless in a democratic system.

But that only happens when you go totalist, which proves that totalitarianism only creates enemies that would otherwise be harmless in a democratic system.

Granted, in a hypothetical UoB rework I'm hoping that royalist rebels should be an element - going by the manner in which the UoB came to be in the latest lore from the Naval Rework, the UoB should not be as apparently stable as it is now even without Totalists in power.

Been thinking about the UoB a lot for a while in my very idle moments:

I'm a big fan of the idea that the UoB is only popular because even if there are lots of anti-syndicalists running around and this can be assumed by how you get a lot of divisions when you land and don't really ever have to worry about real opposition to the restoration despite some minor quibbles; that the people don't want to just stop voting even if they hate the TUC with a burning passion.

I definitely think that the Anarcho-Syndicalists and Federationists should be the most popular and most likely outcome for the UoB because they essentially get the support from people who want the return of the King and want less government especially if Red in their lives because we know these people exist in the largest numbers in the UoB of Syndie countries bar potentially the RSI despite the UoB being arguably the best in terms of choice of which Syndie country to live in if you want more choice in the limited democracy.

The UoB is definitely this weird thing that doesn't really make sense given how its generally the most peaceful and stable in all its flavour of the Syndie countries and yet there is this strange level of popularity for the conservative opposition and this weird dissonance between these two things. I definitely think the UoB needs to be made more unstable and that generally it should be clear that the only reason things seem so stable is because most of the events focus on the milieu of lefties who are basically still acting as the old regime but lefty now in terms of how they think of themselves as !MPs while there is mass abstaining from TUC elections and that caches of arms are being constantly found in the countryside and more worryingly in the recent sense in the cities. Something like this, or nerfing how easy it is for the Canadians compared to the Nat French when they get across the ocean.

Basically, I think the UoB needs to be presented as being something that is stable only in terms of the squabbling between the elites and that the general population want more democracy across the range of the spectrum from the remaining British communists to non-lefty groups and anger from some sectors that the TUC regime is still LARPing as though it came into power in elections and want the TUC to actually own to what it did in terms of insurrection by allowing some kind of vote on fully opening up the TUC to conservative unions and basically becoming over time just a Republic as a method for slow peaceful restoration or general transition away from the TUC.

I think this path would make playing the UoB much more interesting in terms of giving more options for people who are picking it just to fail by giving multiple paths to do so and giving an alternative to Syndie only limited democracy or worse and Constitutional Monarchy as the only two possible fates for Britain and in general just making the UoB more interesting as its always felt to more that the UoB has suffered since creation by only seeming to have Syndicalists and other Lefties IRL being the main voices behind it since Samartia1871 and therefore not really being as accurate as it could be as its essentially just British lefites wanking themselves off and then something that while cool has always just felt like a tokenistic approach to how the opposition would work.

/rant over

the important thing with reworking Savinkov is to emphasize, as much as Paradox's TOS allow, just how fucking insane the guy is and what a threat to the entire planet he represents. It should be clear that he wants to drown every former Russian imperial state, plus Germany, in their own blood, while laying waste to the land and salting the earth so that for ten thousand years nothing will ever grow on the land that Savinkov has fertilized with the blood of the enemies of holy Mother Russia. He should be a genocidal madman bent on the wholesale slaughter and extermination of Roma, Germans, Ukrainians, Balts, Muslims, anyone who ever took a shot at or laughed at or underestimated Russia or even looked at his nation the wrong way. He should be screaming "REVENGE!!!" from every focus. His Russia should come off as a totalitarian nightmare, little more than a massive armed camp where constant propaganda glorifies mindless bloodlust, undying revanchism, and the genocide of anyone who has ever dared to slight the holy Motherland, where every child is forcibly enrolled in a NPPR youth group that's like if you took What Madness is This's Custer Youth Brigade and somehow made them more insane and bloodthirsty, where pacifism is treason against the Motherland and will get you sent to Siberia, where millions of enslaved workers build factories and fuel Savinkov's war machine from the Siberian wastes, where even the Mad Baron is appalled by the fetishization of violence and bloodthirsty insanity.

Now, I know that Paradox says "no modeling atrocities", but come on, if we can have Fonte turn Argentina into a bandit state and Pelley make concentration camps for Syndicalists, we can surely have some approximation of Savinkov with a massive war cult.
I know it’s a kind of meme thing to say but if savinkov takes Constantinople there should be an option to truly declare yourself the third Rome in a way more than just annexing the one province

But people do not know that, and given in my resent play through how quickly the non totalist third international fell, it would be easy for a totalist to argue that the Lawenerce would have happened anyway (or even sooner), and that it was the syndatist idea of votes for officers that allowed him to get control (said votes were almost certaily baised by the sndictes who did not want to see thier power taken away).

the important thing with reworking Savinkov is to emphasize, as much as Paradox's TOS allow, just how fucking insane the guy is and what a threat to the entire planet he represents. It should be clear that he wants to drown every former Russian imperial state, plus Germany, in their own blood, while laying waste to the land and salting the earth so that for ten thousand years nothing will ever grow on the land that Savinkov has fertilized with the blood of the enemies of holy Mother Russia. He should be a genocidal madman bent on the wholesale slaughter and extermination of Roma, Germans, Ukrainians, Balts, Muslims, anyone who ever took a shot at or laughed at or underestimated Russia or even looked at his nation the wrong way. He should be screaming "REVENGE!!!" from every focus. His Russia should come off as a totalitarian nightmare, little more than a massive armed camp where constant propaganda glorifies mindless bloodlust, undying revanchism, and the genocide of anyone who has ever dared to slight the holy Motherland, where every child is forcibly enrolled in a NPPR youth group that's like if you took What Madness is This's Custer Youth Brigade and somehow made them more insane and bloodthirsty, where pacifism is treason against the Motherland and will get you sent to Siberia, where millions of enslaved workers build factories and fuel Savinkov's war machine from the Siberian wastes, where even the Mad Baron is appalled by the fetishization of violence and bloodthirsty insanity.

Now, I know that Paradox says "no modeling atrocities", but come on, if we can have Fonte turn Argentina into a bandit state and Pelley make concentration camps for Syndicalists, we can surely have some approximation of Savinkov with a massive war cult.
ZDivPd3.png

… The photo kind of screws up any ability to actually read that.
That's DH Kaiserreich for you.

It mostly talks about how after Savinkov came to power, there's a lot of dissent against his rule and he wants to get rid of it.

Oh, yeah, and there is also the response to this event:

2sx7mzl.png

I finally finished Perón's tree

aee5ddG.jpg

cTgjVoc.jpg

5VnFF2l.jpg

obhCWuK.jpg

A problem I noticed is that you cannot get "ties with Germany" if they already lost the second weltkrieg, and so you seems to have only Ramirez as your dictator until the end of the game unless you cheat to get the focus...

Good for you Gukpa! Glad to see you're still contributing to KR :)

… The photo kind of screws up any ability to actually read that.

This is the text:

"As the power of the NRPR continues to expand into every crevice of the state, the Vozhd is faced with the prospect of handling the many disloyal elements who continue to frolic throughout the country. Consequently, the party chairman and the minister of internal security have proposed that the old Tsartist Katorga system of deporting political dissidents to labour camps in Siberia be reintroduced on a massive industrial scale in an effort to curtail the spread of degenerating counter-national propaganda."

That flag sucks

Yeah well, as far as I remember, we had to make a decision on Savinkov's flag very quickly in order not to hold up the new release. Matej, the lead developer came up with the proposal and it was accepted after a vote. However, I think we started looking for alternatives almost immediately after the relevant update had been uploaded.