Photos from 1983: Doomsday

Australian fire fighters dealing with a bushfire caused by the burning embers released from the destruction of the CBD.
49a3306bgx6DACbwVaFe9&690.jpeg

chatillon-car-graveyard-abandoned-cars-cemetery-belgium-111.jpg

A overgrown road in Belgium, still packed with cars that had been used in hasty evacuation efforts during Doomsday.

ob_8650ca_residents-tizi-ouzou.jpg

Pro-unification protests in Tizi-Ouzou in the state of Kayblie, calling for the small brakeaway nation to rejoin the reformed Algeria, which had collapsed in the wake of Doomsday.

Thought I might add a little Asian flair to things:

featurd-image-730x430.jpg

The return of some semblance of normalcy in the Makati Central Business District, Manila-NCR, Philippines. 1995.

seika-dormitory_2012_January_6.jpg

Photo taken by an anonymous researcher during a WCRB-sponsored survey of the ruins around Tokyo, Japan. 2017.

i845400.jpg

The aftermath of a roadside bomb attack on a PUS(Provisional United States) army convoy by a Neo-Nazi warlord faction on a ruined highway near Sandpoint Idaho, circa 1995.

Deleted member 82792

i845400.jpg

The aftermath of a roadside bomb attack on a PUS(Provisional United States) army convoy by a Neo-Nazi warlord faction on a ruined highway near Sandpoint Idaho, circa 1995.
Can we see the PUS getting some payback?

Original-Photo-of-Christmas-Tree-in-Cabin-1980s.jpg

Christmas decorations set up in the private cabin of the Davis family, who fled there after radioactive fallout from Duluth threatened their suburban home, circa December 1983.