Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Huh, just like my canon on the photos thread. Who won between Germany and Russia?
With the might of Europe behind it, Germany eventually won - although it was too weakened to stop the CSA from getting a foothold in Europe after beating National France. My headcanon is that the Cold War era Internationale consists of the Americas, Southeast Asia, North Africa, CNT-FAI, and Japan, while the German alliance is the rest of Europe and Russia.

RpFaZSJ.jpg

Cool art by former KR dev.

What????? Where the Hell is this and what is this foolishness?
To be clearer (I realized I should have noted it after posting... about half an hour after, so a bit late to smoothly edit it in
redface.gif
), there is still a German-led alliance system which covers much of Europe as well as Germany's colonies, but it isn't named Mitteleuropa anymore. It's called the Reichspakt, which TBH I'm meh about.
The thing about it being deep was for how long Mitteleuropa has been around as the name for the German alliance. I'm pretty sure it was right since Kaiserreich began, and Wrangel only beats it because he went back to All the Russias.

What????? Where the Hell is this and what is this foolishness?
It's called the Reichpakt now, I believe. But while Wrangel becoming a moderate military man was good and faithful to the personality of one of the few decent men in the entire Russian Civil War, this just feels like saying goodbye to an old friend. I would say, though, that changing it to something more universal after the end of WKII makes sense.

What I am hoping for is that references to Mitteleuropa are still kept in Germany's focus tree, national spirits and such - basically, make Mitteleuropa the 'British Empire' to the Reichspakt's 'Entente'.

To be clearer there is still a German-led alliance system which covers much of Europe as well as Germany's colonies, but it isn't named Mitteleuropa anymore. It's called the Reichspakt, which TBH I'm meh about.
The thing about it being deep was for how long Mitteleuropa has been around as the name for the German alliance. I'm pretty sure it was right since Kaiserreich began

Plus it’s the actual historical name for the concept:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitteleuropa

Why change it?

It's not being changed, it's way too iconic and historic besides. What I think happened is Germany went down the path to create the proto EU focus paths, which aren't completely finished yet. One path is literally the EU we know and the other is the mentioned Reichspakt.

Well, now two factions have the chance to do something about racism. Honestly I wonder if Long just ends up being horseshoe theory with some of the Totalists. This seems somewhat like Civic Nationalism mixed with State Capitalism.

Also, speaking of horseshoe theory, Natpop Japan's Kodoha path seems a lot like Nationalist Totalism, so Sorelians and Maximists. The Nationalism is obvious, and then their program includes nationalization of the Zaibatsus, which in practice ends up as State Capitalism. It would be interesting to know if Araki IOTL was basically Strasserist like this, because KR makes him seem like it.

Well, now two factions have the chance to do something about racism. Honestly I wonder if Long just ends up being horseshoe theory with some of the Totalists. This seems somewhat like Civic Nationalism mixed with State Capitalism.

Not necessarily, destroying the Klan could just as easily be Long's version of the Night of the Long Knives.