Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

This is a great mod which I've had tons of enjoyment from.

I've got a suggestion around the reclaimed territories as Mexico, if the CSA loses the civil war there should be an option to allow for free migration/resettlement into the liberated territories of red refugees which should help with the reintegration.

I honestly like the old CSA tree, most of it anyway. I think that the foreign policy tree in particular should be faster, and the post-2nd Constitutional Convention could be slimmed down. The problem comes when it's 1950 and even the Japanese who I'm chewing up in China are done with their entire tree and I'm still trying to work my way through my goddamn reconstruction from the Civil War that ended in January 1938 (Thanks, British volunteers!).

It would also be nice to get some sort of treaty preferences stuff encoded, I can't tell you how many times as the CSA I've finished invading liberating Canada from capitalism and then France whose entire military is off dealing with the Kaiser pushes for taking half of the country's most inhabited regions while ignoring the much closer stuff in the French State just across the Med. That said it's all kinds of fun playing the CSA and marching Smedly Butler's leftist militias on Washington DC :D

It would also be nice to get some sort of treaty preferences stuff encoded, I can't tell you how many times as the CSA I've finished invading liberating Canada from capitalism and then France whose entire military is off dealing with the Kaiser pushes for taking half of the country's most inhabited regions while ignoring the much closer stuff in the French State just across the Med. That said it's all kinds of fun playing the CSA and marching Smedly Butler's leftist militias on Washington DC :D
Player led peace conferences, my dude.

I always loved playing the USA under Charles Curtis. It is cool in it allows you to establish your own faction which can become an awsome world player fairly easly.
Curtis is the social democrats; liberal, secular progressives who want a strong wellfare state within the existing system.

A pretty good option, though obviously I prefer the RED BANNER OF LABOR and absolute protection of bodily autonomy and hardline devotion to minority rights.

Curtis is the social democrats; liberal, secular progressives who want a strong wellfare state within the existing system.

A pretty good option, though obviously I prefer the RED BANNER OF LABOR and absolute protection of bodily autonomy and hardline devotion to minority rights.
I also love playing the cinncinatus route,I usally just elect James Roosvelt and have him take america to awesomness.Caeser is fun too.

I also love playing the cinncinatus route,I usally just elect James Roosvelt and have him take america to awesomness.Caeser is fun too.
American Caesar is literally a betrayal of everything America stands for in the name of conservative elements. It's literally turning America into a military dictatorship and sucking up to the corporations and churches to get their support.

American Caesar is literally a betrayal of everything America stands for in the name of conservative elements. It's literally turning America into a military dictatorship and sucking up to the corporations and churches to get their support.

Sometimes the evil route can be fun in video games?

Personally, my favored evil route in the 2ACW is Totalist CSA, but I'm no expert.

Made worse by that unlike Long, who slants his AUS as a New America, the American Caesar path slants its dictatorship as saving the republic. That said, that if anything strengthens RiverDelta's point, doesn't it?

Sometimes the evil route can be fun in video games?

Personally, my favored evil route in the 2ACW is Totalist CSA, but I'm no expert.
Uuuurgh.

I have a really hard time playing evil, not when I know what Savinkov is, and what Pelley wants, and what seeing those kinds of atrocities does to people.

You know how I turned the White Death into a recluse who hated talking about his service despite demanding to be airdropped behind enemy lines to wreak havoc while badly injured? He saw the equivalent of Auschwitz, and it completely broke him. The single most lethal person in the history of our species in terms of direct, personal kills (OTL AND TTL) and he was left a cold wreck barely able to care about other people, who hadn't seen that shit, by what Savinkov was doing.

For the life of me I don't know why someone would actually want to play Savinkov Russia, Pelley AUS, Iron Guard, or any other Nat-Pop or Totalist options. Mosley literally wants to become the equivalent of Big Brother. Totalist America would be the USSR under Stalin but more powerful. Pelley literally wants to ethnically cleanse the United States, whether by just kicking people out or by outright slavery and genocide. I have no desire to play those and when I play those guys are first on my list (only downside of Syndie 'Murica, honestly, is that I can't invade Mosley and kill him like the rabid dog he is).

The one and only "evil" playthrough I've ever done was Genghis Khan II, and even then I avoided taking the "kill lots of people" options whenever possible.

Made worse by that unlike Long, who slants his AUS as a New America, the American Caesar path slants its dictatorship as saving the republic. That said, that if anything strengthens RiverDelta's point, doesn't it?
I mean, maybe to see happen...but if I had to play as that inept martinet, I'd go Cincinnatus because fuck being a hypocrite.

EDIT:

Look, this is Kaiserreich. 95% of your options are either bleeding-heart good guys or flawed but basically well-meaning folks. Half the tragedy of WK2: Red Flag Boogaloo is that the Commune and Empire are normally relatively decent folks who take care of their people, the Japanese have multiple good-guy options as well as the fascist coup, all of the Syndicalists have two good options (or are CNT-FAI, which tbh needs a little TLC soon), even the Carlists seem to be less dickish than their OTL counterparts. The regimes that are actually evil enough to need to be purged at game start are limited to Mittelafrika (because Göring, and Heydrich), the Iron Guard, and that evil fucker Beria's little hellhole in Georgia. Out of the options--Russia has two obviously evil options (Totalist USSR and Savinkov) and a bunch of good options (Syndicalist USSR, democratic republic) and well-meaning options (Empire), America has three evil options (MacArthur, AUS, Totalists) and about five good options (Garner, who at least means well, Curtis, Syndicalists, Rad-Soc, Cincinattus MacArthur maybe if you're a fan of his but I still don't like it), Germany does not IIRC even have the option to become a fascist state unless it's puppeted, Britain goes either Rad-Soc or Syndicalist three times out of four, hell even Genghis Khan can regain a measure of sanity and not murder lots of people.

With so many cool options that don't involve murder and totalitarianism, why pick murder and totalitarianism?

Last edited:
Hey its fun and its still better than the syndies or the Natpops to most americans. they would take an Authoritarian strongman than groups openly out to destroy their way of life and their faith.That in my view is where Americas support would lay

Uuuurgh.

I have a really hard time playing evil, not when I know what Savinkov is, and what Pelley wants, and what seeing those kinds of atrocities does to people.

You know how I turned the White Death into a recluse who hated talking about his service despite demanding to be airdropped behind enemy lines to wreak havoc while badly injured? He saw the equivalent of Auschwitz, and it completely broke him. The single most lethal person in the history of our species in terms of direct, personal kills (OTL AND TTL) and he was left a cold wreck barely able to care about other people, who hadn't seen that shit, by what Savinkov was doing.

For the life of me I don't know why someone would actually want to play Savinkov Russia, Pelley AUS, Iron Guard, or any other Nat-Pop or Totalist options. Mosley literally wants to become the equivalent of Big Brother. Totalist America would be the USSR under Stalin but more powerful. Pelley literally wants to ethnically cleanse the United States, whether by just kicking people out or by outright slavery and genocide. I have no desire to play those and when I play those guys are first on my list (only downside of Syndie 'Murica, honestly, is that I can't invade Mosley and kill him like the rabid dog he is).

The one and only "evil" playthrough I've ever done was Genghis Khan II, and even then I avoided taking the "kill lots of people" options whenever possible.

In the end, it's a video game. Sure, I'm personally uncomfortable playing Iron Guard, Pelley AUS, or Savinkov Russia, for example, but I feel like it is possible to divorce the map in front of you from any roleplaying you might be doing or exterior knowledge of the game. I love Mosley wanting to become Big Brother, I find it to be darkly hilarious and incredibly entertaining. I like the supervillain-like experience of playing as a sharply-dressed Big Brother commie fascist.

Totalist America is fun, I like playing the Stalinist USSR in vanilla and I like playing as totalist CSA in Kaiserreich. I don't agree or support any of that nightmarish stuff, but it's also kind of fun to play the bad guy, and it's more interesting to me than somewhat generic decentralized communes or a country made up of unions.

Hey its fun and its still better than the syndies or the Natpops to most americans. they would take an Authoritarian strongman than groups openly out to destroy their way of life and their faith.That in my view is where Americas support would lay
The Syndicalists are literally "what if America, but we didn't treat the workers like shit?"

Keep in mind my family is working-class on both sides going back hundreds of years. Dad was on wellfare as a kid, Mom's family is auto workers and she's the first to go to college on her side. I am very viscerally aware of just how fucking awful the working class was treated pre-New Deal and how much ground we've lost thanks to Reagan.

The Syndicalists, in a timeline with a worse great depression, active neglect and bland incompetence from the government, and the South nakedly planning to Rise Again (tm), will be one of the most popular options around. In fact, I'm honestly surprised that Garner is even a viable candidate after seven years of completely bungled response to economic disaster, with the rich getting richer while the poor literally fucking starve.

Also, social conservatives were kind of discredited at the time after Prohibition massively fucked itself up the ass. The American people in KR are badly split and much of the heartland wants the Syndicalists (as shown by the militias you get as you conquer some cities).
In the end, it's a video game. Sure, I'm personally uncomfortable playing Iron Guard, Pelley AUS, or Savinkov Russia, for example, but I feel like it is possible to divorce the map in front of you from any roleplaying you might be doing or exterior knowledge of the game. I love Mosley wanting to become Big Brother, I find it to be darkly hilarious and incredibly entertaining. I like the supervillain-like experience of playing as a sharply-dressed Big Brother commie fascist.

Totalist America is fun, I like playing the Stalinist USSR in vanilla and I like playing as totalist CSA in Kaiserreich. I don't agree or support any of that nightmarish stuff, but it's also kind of fun to play the bad guy, and it's more interesting to me than somewhat generic decentralized communes or a country made up of unions.
Fair enough. I played vanilla USSR just so I could save the Spanish Republic, and tried to avoid taking the Obviously Evil options, but my god vanilla is scripted AF.

I guess that I personally have a lot more trouble taking the evil option (this carries over from RPGs, probably, where I get super invested in Commander Shepard and such).

I do think that Mosley as Big Brother is kind of funny, in a dark way, but only so long as I can kill him.

The Syndicalists are literally "what if America, but we didn't treat the workers like shit?"

Keep in mind my family is working-class on both sides going back hundreds of years. Dad was on wellfare as a kid, Mom's family is auto workers and she's the first to go to college on her side. I am very viscerally aware of just how fucking awful the working class was treated pre-New Deal and how much ground we've lost thanks to Reagan.

The Syndicalists, in a timeline with a worse great depression, active neglect and bland incompetence from the government, and the South nakedly planning to Rise Again (tm), will be one of the most popular options around. In fact, I'm honestly surprised that Garner is even a viable candidate after seven years of completely bungled response to economic disaster, with the rich getting richer while the poor literally fucking starve.

Also, social conservatives were kind of discredited at the time after Prohibition massively fucked itself up the ass. The American people in KR are badly split and much of the heartland wants the Syndicalists (as shown by the militias you get as you conquer some cities).

Fair enough. I played vanilla USSR just so I could save the Spanish Republic, and tried to avoid taking the Obviously Evil options, but my god vanilla is scripted AF.

I guess that I personally have a lot more trouble taking the evil option (this carries over from RPGs, probably, where I get super invested in Commander Shepard and such).

I do think that Mosley as Big Brother is kind of funny, in a dark way, but only so long as I can kill him.

I like to RP, I just like to RP as a certain kind of villain, so that kind of makes sense. I don't know if I would describe the Syndies as "America, but we don't treat the workers like shit". They are a revolutionary social movement and all and are opposed to a lot of things conservatives stand for. Whether that's good or bad is for PolChat. I played the USSR so that I could enact the Purge, play as Stalin, and, especially, create the Night Bomber Regiment 588, because that's a huge thing for me. I do agree that syndies would likely see popularity in that social period, and Mosley as Big Brother is kind of hilarious.

Vanilla is scripted AF, yeah.