Map Thread XV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is an east-focused Swedewank:

Sweden.png

Well this is an interesting scenario, Kentucky as North Korea... could you make a map of this TL's North America? I wanna see how the lands that are our USA in OTL turned out...
Probably something like this:
dprk-na.png

USONA is a weird name choice, but I did so love the word Usonia as a young teen so I approve. Is Youngstown a real place, or is it named after the Mormon leader?
Yes, Youngstown is a city in Ohio.
And strange that Arlington, a plantation, would become a larger city than Alexandria, especially as they were both right next to each other.
You're probably right, I didn't think about that. Arlington also grew because it was across the river from D.C., and D.C. wasn't even created in this TL...
And who, exactly, knows Kentucky and Virginia as West and East Virginia?
Everyone. Just like how the Republic of Korea and the Democratic People's Republic of Korea are informally called South and North Korea.
And what is the Usonian(probably a decent thing to call them) capital? New York? Someplace inland?
New York would be correct.

...Have you never seen a flaccid penis?

You ain't never seen a flaccid one before?

I have. Uppland and half of Sodermanland would need to be on the opposite side of the country for there to be a resemblance, especially if we consider Finland to be the genitals, which most do in these cases. It is like someone making the front of a car be upside down. I trust everyone can decide whether this is true or not on their own time, and we move to topic back to maps.

I have. Uppland and half of Sodermanland would need to be on the opposite side of the country for there to be a resemblance, especially if we consider Finland to be the genitals, which most do in these cases. It is like someone making the front of a car be upside down. I trust everyone can decide whether this is true or not on their own time, and we move to topic back to maps.

I was going to point out that you're overanalysing it to the extreme compared to most of the people who see penis shapes on maps, but actually, fuck it. Let's talk about something else. Anything else.

Yeah sure, I can change the topic

Of Caesars and Alexanders
of_caesars_and_alexanders_by_spiritswriter123-da9r6lj.png

Request by someone on Deviantart where Alexander the Great's Empire lives long enough for Rome to conquer it all. I focused more on the conquest and the years before it then the new Roman administration of the Empire. Technically, he asked for a map of the ancient world, but my interpretation would have very minimal changes in the short run (but in the long run things are likely going to be very different).

In 322 BC, Alexander of Macedon finished building his new capital at Babylon, and that same year, his wife, Roxana, birthed him a son and heir. In 320 BC, Alexander started a campaign in Arabia, conquering Petra and long stretch of land in the Mountainous Hejaz region of Arabia was conquered, as well, the final territory in wealthy Yemen. In 317, Alexander started a similar campaign to conquer the Persian Gulf and other areas in Oman. After finishing that, he marched on the Caucuses in 315, and was preparing for the conquest of India in 311, but he died unexpectedly in 312 BC, leaving his empire to his 9 year old son, Alexander IV.

The title given to the new king was that of "Alexander," a tribute to his glorious father (along with it being a fitting name for an Emperor, meaning "Defender of Men"), so his title is 'Alexander' Alexander IV of Macedon. While an alright ruler, Alexander IV couldn't possibly deal with the vast size of the empire, thus most of the power ended up with the Genikos, the Generals who served along side Alexander the Great and made them governors over large swaths of territory. These Governor-Generals generally grew more and more independent until by 200 BC they were ruled by the Alexander by name alone, ruling only over the Governorate of Babylon. These Governors warred with foreign enemies and even each other. The Alexanders tried desperately to keep these Governors in line, but they just couldn't keep up. The most important of these Governors was the Governor of Persia, who was also a regent to yet another young Alexander, Alexander VIII, in 141 (and therefor also had vast influence over the Governate of Babylon and influence over what little imperial authority there was left).

In 141 BC, the Roman Republic declared war upon the Alexandrian Empire. The Governor of Persia, Vangelis Katsaros, thought of this as a good opportunity to limit the power of the Western Governors, so refused to send in his own troops to aid in their plight. In 140 BC, Athens was conquered and Vangelis met with Roman Consul Sextus Julius Caesar, with Vangelis offering up all of Greece Proper, western Macedon Proper, and the western deserts of Egypt. Sextus Julius Caesar refused (and even laughed), declaring that he was the new Alexander and that he will conquer all of the Alexandrian Empire. Only then did Vangelis Katsaros understand with what he was dealing with, and fled back to Babylon. There, he was able to convene a meeting of all the Governors (that hadn't been conquered yet) in 139 and warned that they may soon see conquest. The Governor of the Indos held the most troops (which he never used because they always had to guard the volatile Indian border), and he sent what troops he could spare, as with the Governors of Margiana and Iberia.

The years of 139 and 138 were relatively quiet: The Romans conquered more cities, but on the far side of the empire the Alexandrian troops gathered. Finally, in 137 BC, the Roman and Alexandrian armies met at Alexandria on the Tigris and fought one of the largest battles yet fought, the Romans being personally led by Consul Caesar, and the Alexandrians lead by Vangelis Katsaros. When the sounds of swords and shields clashing silenced, it was found that the Romans had won. Vangelis Katsaros surrendered his army and loyalty to Sextus Julius Caesar under the condition that he'll remain ruler of Persia. A month after Vangelis' surrender, Babylon was conquered as well, and soon the other unconquered governors surrendered to Rome as well.

Red Orm

Banned

...Geeze, talk about not seeing the big picture. Do you also don't think the Bee movie makes sense because the bees have human faces? :p

Answers to some questions people had:

That is indeed a Spanish successor state in South America, they tried the "break Latin America into sub-kingdoms" routine, but it only stuck in Peru. They took the Philippines in a war with the home country some 60 years ago, but they've since kissed and made up.

The red outlines indicate the Revolutionary Block, a third-worldist anti-colonialist anti- big capitalism [1] movement founded by an India with fought (most of the way) to independence rather than using more peaceful means of resistance. This alarms people, especially since radical revolution seems to be spreading back to the European powers, most notably in France.

It's not so much a defined POD as a list of requirements by the requesting party. What POD(s) took place were probably 18th century but pre-American revolution: there was a US revolution, but the arrangements between the states were worked out differently, and it's definitely more loosey-goosey than OTL, with many state still pushing their land claims far west.

[1] They're OK with a certain amount of it - it's a less ideologically consistent movement than OTL Communism

Status
Not open for further replies.