The Union Forever: A TL

You know, just had a thought. Would Portugal be considered an associate with the Commonwealth? I didn't know if the common war that they shared with the Commonwealth brought Portugal close enough that they'd rather ally with them.

Or, perhaps, it's been an unofficial thing. But with Spain joining the Turin Pact, might be curious to see if they align with the Commonwealth to keep the other two European power blocs from intervening.

When Clinton is all like "aww yeah first female nominee baby" but in the world of The Union Forever a woman was President in the 70s so gg OTL.

You know, just had a thought. Would Portugal be considered an associate with the Commonwealth? I didn't know if the common war that they shared with the Commonwealth brought Portugal close enough that they'd rather ally with them.

Or, perhaps, it's been an unofficial thing. But with Spain joining the Turin Pact, might be curious to see if they align with the Commonwealth to keep the other two European power blocs from intervening.

Some would consider Portugal an associate with the British Commonwealth. The UK and Portugal share the oldest alliance in the world. However, Portugal doesn't have any legal status inside the Commonwealth.

For the Community of South Asian States, are they still allied to the British Commonwealth as they were from the Indian War for Independence to the Asia-Pacific War?
'

Madras and Ceylon are members of the British Commonwealth. They are shaded blue with red stripes because CSAS is more central to their foreign policy. Burma and Malaya are shaded red with blue stripes because they are members of the British Commonwealth and observer states within CSAS. Mysore, Hyderabad, Goa, and Travancore are members of CSAS but not officially part of the British Commonwealth. As a whole, CSAS is still closely tied the British Commonwealth although they are beginning to act more indecently.

I was scratching my head as to why France and Italy were so large then I remembered the metropole stretched to Africa in those nations now :p

Madras and Ceylon are members of the British Commonwealth. They are shaded blue with red stripes because CSAS is more central to their foreign policy. Burma and Malaya are shaded red with blue stripes because they are members of the British Commonwealth and observer states within CSAS. Mysore, Hyderabad, Goa, and Travancore are members of CSAS but not officially part of the British Commonwealth. As a whole, CSAS is still closely tied the British Commonwealth although they are beginning to act more indecently.
The CSAS getting closer to or further from the Commonwealth might make or break the cohesion of the Commonwealth as a unified world power.

I'm curious as to why the Indian Republic isn't a member of the CSAS. With the Technate surrounding them to the north and east and Persia's allies to the west, I'd think they'd want the defensive assistance

I'm curious as to why the Indian Republic isn't a member of the CSAS. With the Technate surrounding them to the north and east and Persia's allies to the west, I'd think they'd want the defensive assistance

I think that the Indian Republic has actually been in negotiations with Madras to normalize relations in the past decade or so, if I remember this correctly. And this has been occurring due to the encroaching influence of the Technates more than Persia.

So, yeah, between the three sides, I think they'd rather throw in with the CSAS than the other two. And Madras certainly doesn't want India to fall in with the Technate (Persia isn't as much of an ideological threat) so that feeling would be mutual.

I think that the Indian Republic has actually been in negotiations with Madras to normalize relations in the past decade or so, if I remember this correctly. And this has been occurring due to the encroaching influence of the Technates more than Persia.

So, yeah, between the three sides, I think they'd rather throw in with the CSAS than the other two. And Madras certainly doesn't want India to fall in with the Technate (Persia isn't as much of an ideological threat) so that feeling would be mutual.
I can see Persia allying with the Technate to divvy up India and secure its eastern flank. They probably are looking to expand their influence west, but not with uncertainty to the east.

List of U.S. Presidents as of 2000. Feel free to post lists of other nation's rulers.

1. George Washington (Independent) (1789-1797)
2. John Adams (Federalist) (1797-1801)
3. Thomas Jefferson (Democratic-Republican) (1801-1809)
4. James Madison (Democratic-Republican) (1809-1817)
5. James Monroe (Democratic-Republican) (1817-1825)
6. John Quincy Adams (Democratic-Republican) (1825-1829)

7. Andrew Jackson (Democratic) (1829-1837)
8. Martin Van Buren (Democratic) (1837-1841)

9. William Henry Harrison (Whig) (1841) †
10. John Tyler (Whig) (1841-1845)

11. James K. Polk (Democratic) (1845-1849)
12. Zachary Taylor (Whig) (1849-1850) †
13. Millard Fillmore (Whig) (1850-1853)

14. Franklin Peirce (Democratic) (1853-1853)
15. James Buchanan (Democratic) (1853-1857)

16. Abraham Lincoln (Republican) (1861-1869)
17. John Sedgwick (Republican) (1869-1877)
18. Arthur I. Boreman (Republican) (1877-1885)

19. Samuel J. Randal (Democratic) (1885-1891) †
20. David B. Hill (Democratic) (1891-1897)
21. George Armstrong Custer (Democratic) (1897-1901)

22. Robert Todd Lincoln (Republican) (1901-1913)
23. Theodore Roosevelt (Republican) (1913-1921)
24. Leonard Wood (Republican) (1921)††
25. Nelson R. Doner (Republican) (1921-1925)

26. Harold K. Abercrombie (Democratic) (1925-1933)
27. Zachary T. McKinnis (Democratic) (1933-1937)

28. Daniel E. Warburton (Republican) (1937-1941)
29. Vernon M. Kirkman (Democratic) (1941-1949)
30. Leroy R. Connor (Republican) (1949-1957)
31. Richard C. Anderson (Democratic) (1957-1965)
32. Malcolm Francis “Frank” MacArthur (Republican) (1965-71)††
33. Sterling Gavin (Republican) (1971-1977)

34. Margaret L. Stewart (Democratic) (1977-1985)
35. Andrew Peatross (Democratic) (1985-1989)

36. Abraham Lincoln IV (Republican) (1989-1997)
37. Franklin M. Blanton (Republican ) (1997- )

† = Died in Office
†† = Assassinated

Last edited: