Crusader Kings II - Paradox Entertainement (02/12)

They all look the same, eh?

And I feel like they should make it so that if the child has a "graphical culture" different than both parents, the cuckold figures out the kid is a bastard.
Yes, but also because there's just so many that they crowd each other. :eek:

That would be good, but I think it'd lead to some coding issues. It would be adsing an extra, separate layer of complexity onto the "cultural vs. appearance" features (pun unintended). There's probably a mod that does it, but if there is I haven't found one.

The one thing I hate about HIP is that every time a bastard starts a new dynasty it's Smith. I'm playing as a Hispanic culture group in Iberia. At least give the bastards a super common Spanish surname.

I think that's what happens when no dynasties are on file

The one thing I hate about HIP is that every time a bastard starts a new dynasty it's Smith. I'm playing as a Hispanic culture group in Iberia. At least give the bastards a super common Spanish surname.

"Smith", you say?
latest

So in my current CKII+ game. The Count of Brandenburg, Christoph von Hohenzonnier has elevated is domain to that of the German Empire. Initially being of the Germanic Religion, and having multiple wives, he was able to launch multiple holy wars against the Slavs to the east. Years later, with countless children (I believe he actually has about 40), he converted to Catholicism and crushed the Kingdom of Saxony.

Now he is the German Emperor... And all of the first born sons have kingdoms within the empire, save for three. The first, his heir, has since died. Two other children have been propped up in Carpathia and Scandinavia...

I'm waiting for him to pass, so that way I can convert the game to "Hands off." Does anyone know if the observe command still works?

So in my current CKII+ game. The Count of Brandenburg, Christoph von Hohenzonnier has elevated is domain to that of the German Empire. Initially being of the Germanic Religion, and having multiple wives, he was able to launch multiple holy wars against the Slavs to the east. Years later, with countless children (I believe he actually has about 40), he converted to Catholicism and crushed the Kingdom of Saxony.

Now he is the German Emperor... And all of the first born sons have kingdoms within the empire, save for three. The first, his heir, has since died. Two other children have been propped up in Carpathia and Scandinavia...

I'm waiting for him to pass, so that way I can convert the game to "Hands off." Does anyone know if the observe command still works?

The last time I used it it worked.

Yeah it works for me, I've used it multiple times in the past with no problems. Last time I used it, the Byzantines went ape from 1070 onwards and ended up conquering the Balkans, AND pushed east to the Caspian Sea, as you do.
HRE ended up buttfucking France into rebellion, so Aquitaine formed, taking like 3/5ths of the French land, on top of that various duchies broke free from France but ended up getting conquered all over again.
In Iberia, Castille kicked the Muslims out of Iberia incredibly early by about 1120 I believe, but due to a severe rebellion in which Castille ended up horribly fragmented, the Muslims (can't remember the dynasty) ended up back in Iberia with a vengeance.

All in all, a very exciting game.

Good to know. the only problem now is that HE WON'T FUCKING DIE! He's 69 now... half of his children and about 1/4 of his grandchildren have passed. Yet he's still alive AND leading armies into battle. But, some minor game changing allowed for an incredible change to the dynasty. The Kingdom of Lombardy (within the empire) coexists with the Kingdom of Italy. Before the current emperor dies, I want to assist with the consolidation of Scandinavia...

scholar

Banned
Just something from my (mostly) hands-off game. I created an immortal named "Constantine Rome",
gave immortality a 25% chance of being inherited, piled on positive traits, and set him up as the
Caliph of Baghdad at the start of the Old Gods scenario.

Rather than a unified super-empire that conquered the known world, the Middle East is a fractured
mess. The Mali are Catholic, a major Indian Kingdom is Lollard, all the Hordes have died, Mecca
is Catholic, the immortal Constantine had about a hundred children, many of which were immortal
and whom passed on the trait to their many children.

The Byzantines converted (even under the same dynasty) in the 10th century of the game.
But, in time, the immortal became an incapable, insane, maimed, and diseased man whom was
forced to leave office. A mortal branch of the family took control of the caliphate until they died out.
Faruk bin Constantine Rome, an immortal son of Constantine, eventually took control of Baghdad.

However, Faruk would never become Caliph. The title was taken by a dynasty that had
overthrown the Rome family. This family would, in turn be overthrown. And again, and again.
Faruk would, as Emir of Baghdad (and many others), would defend the East from the Mongols.
He was killed, and after his death the Mongols came and brought ruin upon dar-al Islam.

Eventually Uways conquered the Caliphate in the thirteenth century, and maintained
control over the Arabian Empire. By then, however, the Arabian Caliphate had been torn
to pieces. The Constantine, a deranged mayor, suddenly became capable again (not me),
and was readily proclaimed Caliph (me, just to see what would happen). Constantine's return
would be cut short with his assassination in the 14th century.

Though the Mongols converted to Islam, and the Byzantines were Sunni, and Immortals
began to populate other ruling families in the Middle East, to the west a monster was born.
The Holy Roman Empire was forged upon the many corposes of the Karlings, and
when the King of Italy was elected Holy Roman Emperor, the Welf's brought about the
complete restoration of Christendom. All Catholics, apart from a petty king in England and the Pope
were a part of this massive state.

To the east, the Carpathian Empire forged from the crown of Hungary were Orthodox Christians.
Many small princes in Russia had also converted to the Orthodox faith, though they warred
constantly with the Vikings of the North. On their ends only stagnation reigned. The German
Empire, Holy and Roman, launched a crusade against the Byzantines for Greece. The converted
Byzantines broke, Greece was conquered by the militant Hospitallers, and severed from Constantinople
the Romans of the East converted to Catholicism, again under the same dynasty.

Though the Middle East fell into chaos at that point, the West was pacified under the Ummayad
Caliphate. Though Mauritania had recently broke off as a cadet branch of the Ummayad rebelled,
On the whole, the West seemed an island of pacifity. No war had been fought between Arab
and German for over two centuries. However, upon the conquest of Greece, crusading
fervor made Rome look to its close neighbor. Four long wars were fought between the Crusaders
and the Western Caliphate. The Western Caliphate was destroyed. Its its place more knights rose.

All of this may be blamed upon the ascension of a certain Pope Agatho II, an immortal.
This Catholic was once a Sunni Emir, the grandson of Faruk. Great Grandson of the Caliph.
Many question how such a conversion might have taken place, but his conversion brought
with him the Sultanate of Africa bringing even more Immortals under Agatho's cousin.
The Crusades began shortly after Pope Agatho's ascension to the papal throne in the mid 14th century.

The Norse would not remain pagan for long, and though their crowns fractured after
the Holy Roman Empire conquered Denmark and cast aside its pagan tiara, they were more
than a big enough force to begin a conquest of Lithuania. It remains unfinished, for the
Lithuanians converted when all hope was lost. The Carpathians soon converted to Catholicism
and became very much the junior Emperor in Christendom, though they are a superior force.

The Orthodox now exist only amidst the Russians, and even there it is weak. Constant contension
with their Catholic coreligionists to the west, and even more constant wars with their heathen Mongols
to their east has left them weak and their future is uncertain. The Norse are all gone now.
The Lithuianian Pantheon has been erased, while their slavic contemporaries cling
to life with just three dukes isolated on the fringes of the world continue to pay homage.
In India the Lollard Heresy is amongst the most popular religions, with the Hindu and the Jain
wavering in a tie for second place. The Buddhists, however, are in decline.

No Shiite rules, though a few Yezidi claim rule over the odd mosque and castle. The Miaphysite
can claim rule over the lands of Somalia, though the returned crown of Ethiopia was
left by a Catholic Greek whose claim is more dubious than most and a remnant from Byzantine Jihad.
Timur was never born, and thus once the the Golden Horde eliminated the Il Khanate, there was
none to replace the Horde as the dominant Mongol Power after rebellion tore it apart from the inside.

ck2_map_4.png

So... Kaiser Christoph von Hohenzonnier finally passed, transferring the crown to his eldest Grandson.

So I kicked it over into observe mode. three months later, the game crashed.

So aparently this is a thing:

351E12FA3FF2B1AE713F2E3B65C5C6F85EC92DAB

And even when he took the Papal throne (he was elected) it went to a Cardinal in his court, and his kids got claims to it....I've tried hoping that the vassals, namely Salians, would try go for the throne, but nope...quite content to be under a Emperor-Bishop, whose most likely the next Pope

I don't think it gets any more holy and Roman. Suck it, Voltaire.

Still not a Empire though, so he can at least get some comfort in his grave XD

Best bit is, going back over the logs as best i can, he seems to have got elected to the position, so makes me wonder wtf? happened when i wasn't looking x3