Heh. So they're basically as commie as FARC during their twilight days. Just a bunch of shitty sickos play warlord and using commie symbolism for good boy point. I hope you guys squash them like the bugs they are.
And in typical Filipino fashion, their long-time leader was from a political dynasty with how Joma Sison's family was from an old principalia background.

Neighboring countries such as Indonesia, Thailand, and Malaysia ended theirs before the dawn of the 21st Century.
Everyone ought to study how the Brits ended the Malayan Emergency right after WW2.
Swift and effective, to the point that commies have stay out of that area of brush since.
Well, the Indonesians "ending their communist insurgency" is an, err, euphemistic way to describe one of the forgotten calamities of the late 20th Century with the massacre of Indonesian communists in 1965 claiming up to a million lives. And as for Malay(si)a, well, there was a "Second Emergency" from 1968 until 1989, so there's that as well.

Well, the Indonesians "ending their communist insurgency" is an, err, euphemistic way to describe one of the forgotten calamities of the late 20th Century with the massacre of Indonesian communists in 1965 claiming up to a million lives. And as for Malay(si)a, well, there was a "Second Emergency" from 1968 until 1989, so there's that as well.
Indonesia . . . is a long and complicated story.
The place has had a history of violence since even before the Dutch arrival.

The 2nd Malaysian Emergency was even smaller than the 1st. Against, the Chi-Coms chatted up a thunderstorm, but did not provide a drop of rain. The whole thing just shriveled and died in 1970 after they started doing something that commies do best. Internal power struggles.

Tldr: Major cities are fucked in case of a zombie outbreak.

Manila will be lost within hours during the Great Panic. Bulacan, Rizal, Cavite, and Laguna will not be spared too (Provinces in the Central Luzon plains will be doomed due to hordes)

If memory serves, the virus was created by a crazy French scientist who defected to the Viet Minh in 1954 and saw it as an opportunity to get back at the West,
There was Jungle Jim's commander, who could somehow command the undead.
As well, there was a undead Marine who could fire his M60 accurately.

I think the VC zombie with a scythe was a modified one by the crazy VC scientist rather than a Rememberer.

The 68 zombies were just a slight tier above the zombies in Walking Dead. I recall 2 scenes where walkers used bricks to break glass and Morgan's wife remembering the house where she died.
Spoilers for '68 which I just found out about and binged.

The virus was the result of spice 68, a food preservative that was eventually used globally. Normally harmless until Earth waded into the radiation from a comet trail that turned the preservative into a zombie virus. "We are what we eat" and all that. The body rots, but a portion of the spine takes years longer to rot. The zombies don't see or hear, their eyes turn amber, but they can still sense humans - heat or some other thing.

The scientist was a guy whose wife - a Soviet leader's daughter married off - that got burned alive in a bombing. She survived with full body burns long enough to make it a hospital. He smothered her and swore vengeance on the US. When the dead came back he found a away to stimulate their electrical nerves to make them run and jump on command via radio. Made dozens of them for the VC to attack Saigon during the outbreak. He gets killed later on.

The commander 'taught' zombies like how'd you teach a dog. Don't bite him, you get a snack. Snap at him, you get beaten. He captured hundreds of zombies as like an honor guard to lead a swarm of zombies against a group of survivors in Vietnam. They get bombed.

The undead marine with the machine gun got tangled in vines so less accurately fired and he tried to get food and his finger pulled the trigger till he spent all the bullets.

I'd say 68 zombies are a tier below WD in that they don't have a 'evolution' in what they do, but their behavior can be modified.

Spoilers for '68 which I just found out about and binged.

The virus was the result of spice 68, a food preservative that was eventually used globally. Normally harmless until Earth waded into the radiation from a comet trail that turned the preservative into a zombie virus. "We are what we eat" and all that. The body rots, but a portion of the spine takes years longer to rot. The zombies don't see or hear, their eyes turn amber, but they can still sense humans - heat or some other thing.

The scientist was a guy whose wife - a Soviet leader's daughter married off - that got burned alive in a bombing. She survived with full body burns long enough to make it a hospital. He smothered her and swore vengeance on the US. When the dead came back he found a away to stimulate their electrical nerves to make them run and jump on command via radio. Made dozens of them for the VC to attack Saigon during the outbreak. He gets killed later on.

The commander 'taught' zombies like how'd you teach a dog. Don't bite him, you get a snack. Snap at him, you get beaten. He captured hundreds of zombies as like an honor guard to lead a swarm of zombies against a group of survivors in Vietnam. They get bombed.

The undead marine with the machine gun got tangled in vines so less accurately fired and he tried to get food and his finger pulled the trigger till he spent all the bullets.

I'd say 68 zombies are a tier below WD in that they don't have a 'evolution' in what they do, but their behavior can be modified.
Thanks for the recap. It's been a while since I last read this comic.

Tldr: Major cities are fucked in case of a zombie outbreak.

Manila will be lost within hours during the Great Panic. Bulacan, Rizal, Cavite, and Laguna will not be spared too (Provinces in the Central Luzon plains will be doomed due to hordes)
Except for Baguio just to blow up the hill for a landslide to prevent the zombies from crossing.