World According To AH. Comers

Hi guys I am curious of common cliches and stereotypes at AH. com.
If you wish to participate in the project send me a map of the world with lets say 50 or maybe at least 25 labels of waht you think are standard AH. com stereotypes, cliches, or most common threads regarding the world.
After some say 20-25 entries I ll post a map.
If we wish to keep a high originality index I suggest you send me stuff via message

American annexation of Canada seems to be popular for some reason.

Or just Ameriwanks in general.

Last edited:
American annexation of Canada seems to be depressingly popular for some reason.

Or just Ameriwanks in general.

Well, American Wanking is a fait accompli, because of two reasons

1) Intradiegetic: It's pretty hard to nerf America because of its exceptionally stable geopolitical situation
2) Extradiegetic: You have to do SOME work in America or readers get bored

So the solution is to buff America!

My observation for North America:
  • 60% of time America is weaker than OTL
    • In most cases, this invokes an independent CSA, an independent Deseret, quite often also independent California (unless Mexican), New England.
    • Alaska in these scenarios usually remains Russian (White exile) and quite often includes also Cascadia/Oregon Country and Yukon territory, in remaining scenarios this area is run by progressive greens
  • 40% of scenarios USA is stronger: usually meaning in expansion towards Ontario, Cuba, Maritimes, Mexico
    • Most often, Quebec is independent
  • Another frequent scenario is Vinland: based upon Newfoundland, possibly also in Nova Scotia, PEI, New Brunswick and Quebec
  • Native American lands are limited to Iroquois, Cherokee, Sioux and Navajo, possibly Nunavut in Canada

A Few Cliches I've seen about
  • Any country but Turkey owns the Bosporus, usually Greece, Russia, Bulgaria, Britain, or an International Zone
  • Sequoyah becomes a US state. Nothing is usually addressed about how this comes about or its political/cultural impact on the US
  • Non-US occupied Hawaii, usually British, French, Japanese, or sometimes Russian. Sometimes independent, but those are less frequent
  • Big Sahelian Empires, usually non native: French, German, sometimes British.
  • Divided Russia, especially in FH: in the modern day, save for nuclear war, Russians are pretty solid majorities in much of it's territory, and though there are places that may strive for autonomy/break away (Some of the North Caucasus Republics, Sakha maybe...), its rather tired to see a European Russia, a Trans-Ural/Siberian state, and maybe someone else grabbing the coastal Far East (US, Japan, China).
  • Big resurrected Neo-Incan Empire/Peru-Bolivia Union
  • Dutch Australia that is the Northern half of the Continent and Tasmania, should Australia be split

Yes most definitely, there is a Scramble for Australia, including Britain, Netherlands, France, sometimes Portugal and Germany.
Also, Bolivian Altiplano always becomes the core of a Neo Incan state

Also: in non-Soviet and non-Tsarist scenarios, the DAMN KAZAKH BORDER usually makes an appearance. Partky due to Ferghana bordergore and partly due to the geometric borders with Uzbekistan at Ustyurt, the Russo-Kazakh border is the only trustworthy border in this part of the world, save the northeast Turkmen border

One cliche i can think of is that Germany, China, India, Russia (as mentioned above), and to a lesser extent Italy and Spain are either INVINCIBLE SUPERPOWERS, same as OTL, or fragmented into a bunch of lesser nations.

For some more serious answers:

Europe usually colonizes 99% of the globe. A few "exotic" places might be client states but besides Japan, sometimes China, and small states like Thailand most of the world is conquered.

Native Americans either push out the colonizers entirely or do not exist. There is no in between states like otl.

Terra incognita is actually empty.

Independent Republic of Two Sicilies.
Danish Iceland.
Spanish Morocco.
Still powerful British Empire.
Ireland is always either united or still part of Britain. The current situation with Northern Ireland rarely shows up on a map.
On a similar note, Finland is either part of Russia or has all of Karelia. No middle ground.

Last edited:
On a similar note, Finland is either part of Russia or has all of Karelia. No middle ground.

Now now, there are plenty of independent Finlands here that are not Greater Finlands. They usually have, never mind the POD, the OTL post-1944 borders or the borders of the Finnish Grand Duchy. The OTL 1920 border (with Petsamo) features quite rarely by comparison, and more innovative options are usually right out.

Now now, there are plenty of independent Finlands here that are not Greater Finlands. They usually have, never mind the POD, the OTL post-1944 borders or the borders of the Finnish Grand Duchy. The OTL 1920 border (with Petsamo) features quite rarely by comparison, and more innovative options are usually right out.
Good point. What’s also missing is it staying part of Sweden. If another country has control of Finland, it has to be Russia.
Although I once did see one map where Finland became Germany-in-Exile, which I thought was creative.

Good point. What’s also missing is it staying part of Sweden. If another country has control of Finland, it has to be Russia.
Although I once did see one map where Finland became Germany-in-Exile, which I thought was creative.

There are some TLs with Finland remaining a part of Sweden, though they might not always include a map. What is more rare, I think, is seeing a Finland that was a part of Sweden past 1809 but then became independent at some part of the 19th, 20th or 21st century, without ever being conquered by Russia.

There are some TLs with Finland remaining a part of Sweden, though they might not always include a map. What is more rare, I think, is seeing a Finland that was a part of Sweden past 1809 but then became independent at some part of the 19th, 20th or 21st century, without ever being conquered by Russia.
Good idea, that would be interesting.
Back to the original topic, I’ve noticed that Russia tends to end up with the northernmost Japanese islands a lot.